Code of Conduct

Default Where can I find BOOTS like this?

I want to find boots like the ones the old guy is wearing all the way over to the left. I know its not a very good picture but can someone help me out? I've been looking on ebay under engineer, ankle boots, etc. The ones the guy is wearing look fairly flat across the bottom and everything i've found has quite a heel. I can't really find anything like them. They can be new or used. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!
    Want to buy/trade: looking for some escentric molecules kinski, I have a bunch of decants/samples including escentric 02 and escentric 01

PM ME

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Where can I find BOOTS like this?

Perhaps Uggs ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They look like old brown leather motorcycle boots that got the h*ll beat out of them. They do have a heel - you can see it - but they've been worn down quite a bit.

Those boots remind me of the faded jeans from the '60's, back before manufacturers figured out how to fake worn clothes. They did have a certain cool that new gear just can't match.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    They look like old brown leather motorcycle boots that got the h*ll beat out of them. They do have a heel - you can see it - but they've been worn down quite a bit.

Those boots remind me of the faded jeans from the '60's, back before manufacturers figured out how to fake worn clothes. They did have a certain cool that new gear just can't match.
    I agree with Red. Motorcycle boots, if I am correct, have the round toe and the dirt gives the black a brown cast. The engineer boot, likewise, has a squared toe and ankle ornament/ring.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Deffo old beat up boots but if you have deep pockets check ann demeulemeester

Post Thanks / Like

They look pretty cool indeed. Kind of hard to make out the things about them that could lead to finding them. Is that an inside-of-the-ankle zipper, for example, and is there a horizontal belt-strap around the ankle, or at least the look of one?
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I wondered if there was an angled strap, like tank/tanker boots. But then I thought it was just a crease in the leather. Maybe a rigger boot?

If it's the worn to hell look you like, try All Saints, or much cheaper, army surplus suppliers.
    Last edited by Petra Ichor; 11th June 2010 at 08:45 PM.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Definitely tough to tell without a good look at the toe. Engineer boots typically have a more rounded toe, probably because of the steel toe reinforcement. However, I'll guess it's a classic harness motorcycle boot. If you particularly want a pair that looks like they've been worn for 20 years by a semi-transient, but without the urinous smell and foot fungus, check these out:

http://www.shoes.com/Shopping/Produc...794&pg=5102682
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like the Clampett's had a yard sale.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heartwood View Post
    Definitely tough to tell without a good look at the toe. Engineer boots typically have a more rounded toe, probably because of the steel toe reinforcement. However, I'll guess it's a classic harness motorcycle boot. If you particularly want a pair that looks like they've been worn for 20 years by a semi-transient, but without the urinous smell and foot fungus, check these out:

http://www.shoes.com/Shopping/Produc...794&pg=5102682
    WOW - that's a DAMN good match for what he has. And it just shows how much you have to pay for that level of pre-styled stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron199 View Post
    It looks like the Clampett's had a yard sale.
    LMAO

Oh, that was a great show. I still die laughing at the thought of the "cee-ment pond".

Post Thanks / Like

Redwings... probably style 1177

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by adonis; 3rd July 2010 at 09:39 PM.