Code of Conduct

Default Musc Ravageur in the mail today...

I ordered Musc Ravageur and it arrived today.

WOW.

I had previously tried a sample of Vetiver Extraordinaire so I was expecting quality but...WOW.

It came with a sample to try prior to opening the bottle. I put a dab on my neck and it felt like people were following me around downtown.

People who call this "Cinnamon Buns" are either not smelling something or have crazy skin.

The initial blast of MR is reminiscent of Jicky with a very toned down version of the "baby poo" note that is much more apparent in the Guerlain. There is something very old school about the top...almost a touch of Hermes OV. The scent is thick and fat yet somehow stays light. It's got a little Heritage/BdP to it but again...none of the stuffiness that those scents bring to the table.

It smells masculine on me. Very masculine. I have no doubt that it could smell feminine on a woman though. Regardless, this may be the nicest scent I have ever worn. The house is fast becoming a favorite. They threw in some samples and I have once again been reminded of the awesomeness of VE.

They also included a sample of Bigarade Concentree. The realest orange note I have ever smelled in a fragrance. Unfortunately it doesn't hold up to Declaration in my opinion. It has the same problem that JC Ellena's Orange Verte Concentree suffers from...it's lost most of the bite.

Terre, Declaration and the original OV are all more complex in a standard fragrance kind of way.

If anyone hasn't tried MR but are a fan of orientals, ambers or woodsy/sexy/naughty fragrances I urge you to try this. It somehow manages to be a scent that is formal and pleasing from afar and naughty up close.

TRY IT!
    Last edited by ClassyFields; 9th June 2010 at 03:10 AM.

Default Re: Musc Ravageur in the mail today...

Damn straight, ClassyFields, and a big tip of the hat for going for this great one. It really is a knockout. You took a risk and talk about payoff!
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Great scent indeed.
    you should also try Kiehls version of musk, its the not so sweet, but clean version.
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

I personally don't find MR that sexy at all, the base is basically vanilla, cinnamon and a light touch of musk. The musk here is neither clean nor dirty. MR is no doubt a pleasant scent but it's never wowed me.

I personally find it wow and sexy when it starts off and during its heart. I do not greatly enjoy the simple, mainly vanilla drydown on me plus limited longevity on me. It can be a quite addictive scent, but very thick and dense. I think it could get quite cloying in the heat.

A very sexy fragrance good for nightclubs but do not over apply as this scent can fumigate rooms.lol

Its wonderful isnt it , Im considering the oil as well so I can completely cover myself in it

It WOW'd me the way it WOW'd u
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Point Blank

On me it smells like goat covered in a haze of sweetness, as if you put on parfum after a day at the farm without a shower. I so much more admire MKK or Mazzolari Lui that are openly animalistic and sexual - this is more like a closet pervert. But hey, we all have different tastes - the world would be so boring otherwise

Closet pervert sounds fun

The "closet pervert" aspect is why I like it so much.

Up close it smells sexual. There is a definite "faux clean genital" smell happening.

The sillage is very classy. I wouldn't feel uncomfortable wearing it in the boardroom OR the bedroom. I plan on doing both, a lot.

MKK is fantastic. I'm not really trying to compare MR to other musks...I like Villoresi musk a lot as well.

To me this is beyond musk. It's manly, feminine, high quality, sweet, woodsy, skanky and professional.

A very contradictory scent and I am thrilled to have it. It suits my personality like nothing I have tried thus far.

it's a fab scent for sure. sweet n spicy.

So I sprayed some perfume on my goat this morning and he smelled just like Musc Ravageur! Coincidentally my goat was in the closet.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

The drydown was so similar to my Etro Ambra that I saw no reason to keep it. I've only worn the Ambra a few times and wouldn't mind swapping that one off either (not a huge amber fan when it's that strong).

Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    So I sprayed some perfume on my goat this morning and he smelled just like Musc Ravageur! Coincidentally my goat was in the closet.
    I bet your goat is a pervert.

Has anyone ever mentioned that the opening smells exactly like a box of bandaids? The drydown is basically just vanilla air freshener spray (seriously we have a potent room spray that smells identical to this drydown). It's not bad, but definitely not worth the price. I'm glad I have a sample, but that's about it.

Nice description, It wow me like it wow some of you it seem.

The pervert goat smell is a hit with the lady's!.... Especially if you hide naked in there closet to surprise them!