Code of Conduct

Default Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte or Concentrée?

Checking out and thinking of buying Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte. I noticed that there are 2 different variations of this fragrance, there's Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte and Concentrée D'Orange Verte by Hermès. Apparently Concentrée D'Orange Verte by Hermès is the stronger one, can someone tell me is Concentrée D'Orange Verte by Hermès an Eau De Toilette while Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte is the Eau De Cologne?

How can I differentiate the two?

And which one is better in your opinion?

Are Eau De Colognes worth the purchase anyway? In terms of concentration, longevity, sillage, they are all lighter and more diluted than Toilettes right?

Help needed!

P.S Mail package just arrived this morning! Really glad! Gucci Pour Homme II, Rochas Man, Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin, all of them smell amazing! Just saying

Default Re: Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte or Concentrée?

I think both versions of Eau d'Orange Verte are excellent. I own the original, and have been wanting to get a bottle of the Concentree. I prefer the Concentree because I find it to be a lot stronger and it has a certain green chypre overall feel to it that the original does not have. The Concentree does in fact smell like a more concentrated version of the original, but it is also more complex than the original.

I prefer The Eau to the Concentrée myself. It is definitely worth a purchase! I've gone through about four bottles of it over the years.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

I like the original better. I find it a tad fruity and mossy for my taste though. For the price, I'd probably go with Eau du Coq instead.

Someone educate me on Eau De Cologne, as of now, all my fragrances have the Eau De Toilette concentration. Is Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte very light?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmellow View Post
    Someone educate me on Eau De Cologne, as of now, all my fragrances have the Eau De Toilette concentration. Is Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte very light?
    People complain about the longevity of the Eau d'Orange Verte (EdOV). The topnotes are very ephemeral (although I have not tried the latest formulation) and lots of people complain about it not lasting. However, I can smell the mossy base much longer.

If long lasting citrus notes are important to you, then I would consider other options. I believe the Concentrée lasts longer, however I like it less as I found other fruity notes (papaya, by my memory) dominating the citrus and that wasn't what I was hoping for.

The concentree is horrendous. It smells like powdered sugar free kool aid with a chemical twinge. I smelled the original EDT years ago and it was fantastic. The only problem was the longevity on my skin.

Both, please, and lots of them.