Code of Conduct

Default Dior Homme Intense vs. Guerlain L'Instant Extreme Pour Homme

Hey Guys,
    Going to Europe in a week and wanted to pick out a nice chocolatey, semi-gourmand frag from Dior Homme Intense or L'Instant Extreme. Although I haven't tried either yet, I will be purchasing them at a Sephora in Paris, so won't have that much time to test for longevity, etc. What are your thoughts on these two EdPs? Btw I also saw the brand new L'eau Masculin by Lolita Lempicka on the french sephora website....any comments on that? Thanks in advance.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Dior Homme Intense vs. Guerlain L'Instant Extreme Pour Homme

If chocolate is your priority note, i would go with L'Instant Extreme. Bottled milk chocolate. Very good longevity. I have the two, but i think i prefer L'Instant Extreme.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

On the other hand, Dior Homme Intense is much denser and has an incredible longevity and sillage.
    Just spray them on and you will know wich is your favourite; otherwise, you take them both!

I prefer Dior Homme Intense, mainly because it has a minty tinge that gives it an interesting character.

L'Instant Extreme = chocolate over vanilla
    Dior Homme Intense = vanilla over chocolate

Choose wisely...
    Anakin: What was that all about?
    Obi-Wan: Well, R2 has been...
    Anakin: No loose wire jokes.
    Obi-Wan: Did I say anything?
    Anakin: He's trying.
    Obi-Wan: I didn't say anything!

-ROTS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bon Vivant View Post

Choose wisely...
    That description makes me want to try this.

i have never smelled the Dior Intense, but I do own Guerlain's L'instant Extreme which I don't find sweet in a gourmand sort of way. There definitely is a strong cocoa note along with some citrus, but again it is not that sweet, at least to me. It is a powerhouse though.

Get both.. I have both and they are very different.. worth having!
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Yup. get both.

I only have the EDT version of L'Instant, but I think it's a work of art. It's just a perfect gourmand. It doesn't have blow-your-face-off projection like A*Men, it's got just the right amount of chocolate not to make you smell like a walking cookie factory, and I just love it.

Dior Homme I find too feminine and overly powdery. I mean it's nice, but personally I wouldn't wanna smell like it.

Oh, please buy the Dior Intense. It is quite an unsung hero in the marketplace and you can not find it on this side of the pond.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Choose wisely...
    Choose both! The problem is to find this. Strawberry and Beautive has the Dior Homme Intense sometimes, but the L'Instant Extreme is too hard to find, only on the Guerlain official shops.

I have the Dior Homme Intense and the vanilla of it is amazing, make the chocolate a little kind of milk chocolate. Excelent gourmand!

I don't think anybody is off in recommending both or either.

They're hard to find. I'd say get whichever you can get your hands on first, and if you find both, splurge. They're different enough to own both and if for some reason you did not care for one you would have absolutely no problem selling it off.

I've ordered the Guerlain PH Extreme, but it's not arrived yet (blind buy!) - so can't comment on that. Dior Homme I found to be VERY sweet and powdery, and exceptionally long lasting. I personally felt it to be slightly too "feminine" for me.
    I have the original Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka - which I really love, but haven't yet tried the more recent offering, though I do intend to do so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I don't think anybody is off in recommending both or either.

They're hard to find. I'd say get whichever you can get your hands on first, and if you find both, splurge. They're different enough to own both and if for some reason you did not care for one you would have absolutely no problem selling it off.
    I agree with this. You can most likely get even more back than you paid in most cases if you decide to sell. I see auctioned bottles of both frags on ebay going out for over 100, however Strawberrynet stocks both of theses (dior intense more frequently than L'instant) and sells L'instant for around 60 and dior intense for 95 (100ml) shipped.

However, in the spirit of the thread I'd choose L'instant over Dior. I love L'instant from the top to bottom notes but Dior Homme Intense doesn't do much for me for the first 1 or 2 hours with that lipstick note and powder in the foreground. Both are excellent but I'd rate L'instant a 9.75+ and Dior somewhere around 9.0-9.25. Maybe with a few more wearings I'll get to enjoy the opening of Dior more but for now it's just good and nothing more.

Depends. L'instant de Guerlain Extreme is spicy as anything, with a bit of a chocolatey tinge. Dior Homme Intense is more vanillic, and completely unlike the Guerlain due to the iris note. DHI is definitely the more feminine of the two. I like the Guerlain more.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Dior Homme Intense for me. Has more longevity, sillage and i love the smell.

Choose wisely...
    + 1