Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Question Mitsouko Reformulation.

Has anyone heard if Mitsouko will yet undergo another reformulation in the near future? I have written to Guerlain hoping for the definitive answer.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mitsouko Reformulation.

Wha???

Share what you've heard!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Institution

Well you never know... I betcha if Guerlain can get the oakmoss back into Mitsouko they will do so. Now there is a 'safer' oakmoss available surely, the chances are , they will reformulate ? Only thing that concerns me is that it boils down to money .Reformulation takes a good deal of money - will LVMH approve ?
    Keeping fingers crossed.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I maybe the minority here, but I love the current Mitsouko and would be sad if they reformulated it. I find the treemoss adds a auro of smokiness and sharpness that isn't found in the vintage. Don't get me wrong, I have and love the vintage parfum. Turin described the new version as having bread-like topnotes and I believe our own MG described the current parfum (which I've yet to sample) as having diesel-like topnotes. I think I've expressed my love for the current Mitsouko enough!!

To me, Mitsouko isn't a chypre...it's in a category all its own
    Last edited by scent; 9th June 2010 at 10:47 PM.

Basenotes Institution

True Scent ,true. I do also love new Mitsouko but it took some getting used to at first. It does still smell like Mitsouko but it just takes a little longer to emerge ,as such. Mitsouko does seem to transcend 'perfume categories' !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 9th June 2010 at 10:49 PM.

Thanks for bringing this up, Tesla. I have the 2008 EDP, and just love it. I like it more than a vintage pure parfum sample, actually. i hope they stop while they're ahead.
    Passionate supporter of parrot welfare www.thegabrielfoundation.org

Reformulation with LVMH = cheaper ingredients.

That is what happened with Shalimar back in the early 00s, new smooth bottle and cheaper sandalwood and bergamot. Shalimar because this weak watery lemon thing taking ages to dry down to anything similar to original Shalimar.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post

That is what happened with Shalimar back in the early 00s, new smooth bottle and cheaper sandalwood and bergamot. Shalimar because this weak watery lemon thing taking ages to dry down to anything similar to original Shalimar.
    The thing that really puzzles me is why on earth would a multi-billion dollar company like LVMH, whose focus is on quality and luxury, would substitute cheaper ingredients after purchasing the pinnacle of French haute parfumerie?! I'm mean they have the money and they spend it on other brands, why not Guerlain?!

LVMH focuses on preserving the image of luxury, not actual luxury... It's a publicly traded company, and as such will do anything and everything to improve the bottom line in the short run.

Recommended reading: http://www.amazon.com/Deluxe-How-Lux.../dp/1594201293
    Last edited by tott; 10th June 2010 at 12:20 PM.

Basenotes Institution

I dislike the new smooth bottle- it's actually quite ugly compared to the old design. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the old design .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 10th June 2010 at 02:58 PM.

I have friends who work and worked for companies bought by LVMH. They buy and then refuse to invest in the said companies, sucking them dry and dumping down on ingredients.

I have said before believe it or not the biggest selling products for Guerlain are the bronzer range and make up. So for LVMH someone buying the bronzer will repurchase faster than say someone using a bottle of fragrance. They will buy a new lipstick colour or eyeshadow from the new season(don't forget they release at least four new collections a year), long before they buy another bottle of fragrance.
    DONNA

Basenotes Institution

I have friends who work and worked for companies bought by LVMH. They buy and then refuse to invest in the said companies, sucking them dry and dumping down on ingredients.

I have said before believe it or not the biggest selling products for Guerlain are the bronzer range and make up. So for LVMH someone buying the bronzer will repurchase faster than say someone using a bottle of fragrance. They will buy a new lipstick colour or eyeshadow from the new season(don't forget they release at least four new collections a year), long before they buy another bottle of fragrance.
    That's sad Donna. Gee, if I had mega bucks, I would buy Guerlain from LVMH.