Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help the Pun perfect his cologne collection.

As none of you know, I've cut down how many bottles I own. But I've decided I don't like Body Kouros as much as I used to. (and the GF said it smelled like baby powder )

So I'm using GIT as a daily main scent, I want something sweet and gourmand/oriental for nights out etc. Good longevity a must. Please don't recommend any A*Men, (have those already) or any YSL. Something similar to New Harlem but cheaper would be excellent IMO. Something multidimensional if you will.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Big Punisher; 9th June 2010 at 05:53 PM.
    WTT: Creed SMW for Creed GIT.

Default Re: Help the Pun perfect his cologne collection.

Rochas Man
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

Post Thanks / Like

How about Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme Extreme for a gourmand type fragrance or Fahrenheit Absolute for something dark, woody and warm with incense?

Post Thanks / Like

MPG Santal Noble or Serge Lutens Borneo 1834.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme. I have the toilette, not the extreme (would have bought it if I could have found it...) for a kind of classy gourmand that really develops. I was not a huge fan of Rochas or A*Men, but I loved this one. It has great opening notes and develops into a gourmand imho.
    Last edited by cubs1987; 9th June 2010 at 06:22 PM.
    Working on updating my cologne wardrobe!

Favorite House: Editions de Parfum de Frederick Malle

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Hey BP, haven't seen your posts in a while, nice to see you posting again. I was going to mention Rochas Man, but it is noted in your tried list.

I would recommend trying some Red Aoud, probably my favorite gourmand at this moment. Chili, Chocolate (a combination of notes creates this), oudh. Rich, sweet, potent. It'll last longer than you ever require. I think it costs less than New Harlem. Furthermore, for every 2-3 sprays of New Harlem, you probably only need 1 spray of Red Aoud, it is that potent. Doesn't smell like New Harlem though, just thought I'd mention.

+1 sirsmellzalot's suggestion of Borneo - Bitter-sweet Chocolate and Patchouli.
    Last edited by MFJ; 9th June 2010 at 06:39 PM.

I second Rochas Man.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

DeepSilence

D&G PH
    Aramis New west

None of these are not Sweet/Oriental. But worth to buy.
    D&G is Aromatic Fougere and a littlle citrus and fresh
    New West is green, grassy in the middle and base.
    Some of friends suggested Rochas Man. It's fine too. maybe it's what you want. It has Coffee in the base. Almost sweet, and a little feminine IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, Ill check all those out.

I'm also looking for a light summer scent (with good longevity, if that makes sense). I'm thinking Creed's Virgin island Water, but I've never seen a sample of it and it's $65 for 1 oz. Something distinct, and multidimensional.

BTW does anyone know where to get reliable Creed samples? Specifically Himalaya, Orange Spice, and VIW. I don't trust Ebay.

+1 on the Serge Lutens Borneo 1834...terrific fragrance
    Knize Ten !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
    I want something sweet and gourmand/oriental for nights out etc. Good longevity a must. Please don't recommend any A*Men, (have those already) or any YSL. Something similar to New Harlem but cheaper would be excellent IMO. Something multidimensional if you will. Thanks.
    L'ombre Fauve - Kristiansand or Fissore's Cashmere for Men should do the trick in decending order

Thanks guys, Ill check all those out.

I'm also looking for a light summer scent (with good longevity, if that makes sense). I'm thinking Creed's Virgin island Water, but I've never seen a sample of it and it's $65 for 1 oz. Something distinct, and multidimensional.

BTW does anyone know where to get reliable Creed samples? Specifically Himalaya, Orange Spice, and VIW. I don't trust Ebay.
    I'm not sure how much you want to spend, but here are some long lasting summer scents. Some are on the cheaper side, others are just the opposite.

Amouage ~ Reflection Men
    Bond No. 9 ~ Coney Island
    Bulgari ~ Aqua PH
    Diptyque ~ L'Eau des Hesperides
    Diptyque ~ Philosykos
    F. Malle ~ Vetiver Extraordinaire (works anytime of the year)
    Gendarme ~ Sky
    Mario Valentino ~ Ocean Rain
    Montale ~ Vetiver des Sables
    Ormonde Jayne ~ Isfarkand
    S. Dali ~ Laguna PH

Virgin Island Water is a very nice summer scent. Its extremely long lasting on me.

Here is the place to get Creed samples.

http://www.parfumsraffy.com/creedsampleset.html
    Last edited by ajmc; 9th June 2010 at 11:57 PM.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps Animale Animale, it's like a chocolate/vanilla mix, slightly powdery, and slightly spicy as well. It's been compared to a less powerful A*Men, which I have never tried, so I can't comment. But, as a gourmand fan, I definitley enjoy AA.

Also as others mentioned Rochas Man, but perhaps as an even cheaper alternative that smells almost identical to it is Bod Man Body Heat in the pineapple/grenade looking bottle. This stuff is quite underrated, it's a very nice gourmand with that fresh baked bread smell included that lasts quite long and projects very nicely; it's definitley a cologne or EDT and not a body spray. But, both that and Rochas Man don't bring any much of an oriental feel to the gourmand as Animale Animale does. With that said, you may also enjoy Magnetism. Sweet/spicy, grapes and cola, fantastic projection and sillage as well as longevity and ideal for nights out.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 10th June 2010 at 12:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Penhaligons Endymion
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Penhaligons Endymion
    Good one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good to see you back BP. Can't help you on the Gourmand (still not my thing), but for a light summer scent you definitely should check out Erolfa.

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme. I would recommend the Extreme version IF I COULD GET A BOTTLE. But haven't been able to track it down in U.S.

I think it is masterfully done. Regular "L'Instant is to me sort on the fringe of a gourmand. Very well crafted juice. A GF who is very finicky gave it the tumbs up and called it "sweet."

The light summer scent with longevity makes perfect sense, but I'm frustrated by that quest. Light to me usually = no legs.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 10th June 2010 at 04:56 AM.

As none of you know, I've cut down how many bottles I own. But I've decided I don't like Body Kouros as much as I used to. (and the GF said it smelled like baby powder )

So I'm using GIT as a daily main scent, I want something sweet and gourmand/oriental for nights out etc. Good longevity a must. Please don't recommend any A*Men, (have those already) or any YSL. Something similar to New Harlem but cheaper would be excellent IMO. Something multidimensional if you will.

Thanks.
    Did your girlfriend imply that she didn't like the cologne? There have been studies that show women like that smell, so I'd be surprised by that.

As for gourmand, I'm going out on a limb here to recommend Lolita Lempicka au Masculin or even l'Artisan Parfumeur's Tea for Two. Neither are really like New Haarlem, though.

As for a summer scent, I find Habit Rouge, Central Park, Fire Island, Paestum Rose, Citrus Paradisi, and Virgin Island Water all good choices...among others.

Finally, as far as some legit samples of VIW, OS, & Himalaya, I'm sending you a PM.
    Currently looking for Ava Luxe Midnight Violet

Visit my offsite sales thread for other items for sale - just updated!
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=265#265

Post Thanks / Like

^^PMed back.

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan View Post
    Did your girlfriend imply that she didn't like the cologne? There have been studies that show women like that smell, so I'd be surprised by that.
    There have been studies that show not all women have the same exact taste.

^^PMed back.

There have been studies that show not all women have the same exact taste.
    How profound. Let me write that down.