Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Truefitt & Hill Freshman vs Green Irish Tweed

I recently purchased T&H Freshman, looking for an improved or different twist on the GiT Cool Water scene.
    Not bad at all!

I actually prefer the Lemon/Bergamont dry down of T&H over the ambergris of GiT. I still need to do some more side by side wearings to really make a final judgment.

I was wondering what other BN members had to say
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Default Re: Truefitt & Hill Freshman vs Green Irish Tweed

After all the countless GIT-related threads I came to the conclusion GIT vs _____ will always fail as a thread because of how strongly opinionated people are about Creed. Watch out for obligatory posts:
    • GIT must be much better than T&H (or anything else) because it's the king of all perfection;
    • GIT sucks because it doesn't last;
    • GIT doesn't suck because it lasts 48+ hours on skin and a week on clothes;
    • Creed is awesome because it's made entirely of natural ingredients;
    • Creed sucks because it lies about the natural ingredients and "rich" history;
    • ZOMG Bond No. 9 remixes Creed fragrances!!!!111

Anyway back on topic... T&H interested me ever since I tried their Issey Miyake-like scent, I forget what it was called. How's the longevity on that bad boy?
    Last edited by Vladdypwnz; 9th June 2010 at 11:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

lol
    I am actually still trying to figure out longevity
    so far I can say at least 6 hours
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the Truefitt and Hill over the others. I've owned Cool Water, Green Irish Tweed, and Chez Bond - sold them all. I tried the T&H in a little shop in town here and really enjoyed it. I think I may end up jumping for a bottle at some point and seeing how it goes.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vladdypwnz View Post
    After all the countless GIT-related threads I came to the conclusion GIT vs _____ will always fail as a thread because of how strongly opinionated people are about Creed. Watch out for obligatory posts:
    • GIT must be much better than T&H (or anything else) because it's the king of all perfection;
    • GIT sucks because it doesn't last;
    • GIT doesn't suck because it lasts 48+ hours on skin and a week on clothes;
    • Creed is awesome because it's made entirely of natural ingredients;
    • Creed sucks because it lies about the natural ingredients and "rich" history;
    • ZOMG Bond No. 9 remixes Creed fragrances!!!!111

Anyway back on topic... T&H interested me ever since I tried their Issey Miyake-like scent, I forget what it was called. How's the longevity on that bad boy?
    Cool. Now that all readers are tipped off to those possible digressions maybe we'll all realize so many of those things have already been said (and well articulated) and readers can make up their own minds from the threads already covering those subjects.

But on to Freshman. Not a bad piece of work at all, I agree with you, Hasupk, but I sort of found it boring when I wore it from a sample. Nice for sure, and pleasantly sharp, but still not enough of a ride in the way I like scents to give me a ride. GIT doesn't please me either, so maybe I should just stick my nose right out of this thread, but it's got a ride with violets and ambergris which are two elements I like, but not in the package that is GIT. I guess my point is I get more of a variable ride from a day's wear of GIT and because of that ride I like the experience better.

I don't own either scent. Wish I could say about Freshman's longevity, but my sample use was so long ago I'd be talking about something I don't remember.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

T&H smells EXACTLY the same as Green Irish Tweed to my nose, it's uncanny.

How long does this stuff last? For the price it's got to be worth it, I may never buy the Creed again!

Post Thanks / Like

I've owned both (I'm wearing Freshman right now in fact). Personally I prefer GIT but I think T&H did a great job on this fragrance. I can't say it's ever gotten me any compliments (something GIT got in spades) but I enjoy wearing it. It's fresh, clean, nothing too offensive or attention grabbing and I guess distinctive enough. My only gripe I guess is that T&H don't offer any accompanying products. Surely a Freshman Shower Gel wouldn't be too difficult to bring into reality at least?

Cards on the table; I'm a fan of Creed fragrances. However the exorbitant cost is too much for me to shoulder in these cash strapped times. However, as I have previously noted in my Freshman review; if it does indeed pre date GIT then that would make GIT an expensive copy. Food for thought? Maybe. Maybe not. What I do know is that Cool Water isn't what it used to be. I'm kin of tired of reading people talking about paying 4/5 times the price of Cool Water for a bottle of Freshman. That means your either paying $160 for Freshman or around $10 for Cool Water. Either way, Freshman edges slightly closer to my nose.
    Bijan, you are one of the greats!

I prefer Green Irish Tweed