Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default a little secret for strong fragrances...

This isn't something new to most of you here but I'll try to keep it clear and simple:

I couldn't understand why sometimes Versace The Dreamer smelled so wonderful on my skin, while sometimes it was simply horrible, even after hours. Until I got it, the secret is the amount you spray. In this case The Dreamer sprays a lot on your skin that's why you need to hold it far away (20 cm / 7.8 inch ) from the target zone.

For example if you want 2 on your neck, just hold your other hand as a barrier on the face (unless you want fragrance on your face) and spray. The top notes won't be that harsh, the beautiful dry-down will come easier, and it still lasts, lasts and lasts..

I shared the same experience with A*MEN, Bvlgari Soir, BLV, Opium, Zino Davidoff, PdN New York, By Kilian Love, Beyond Love, Paco Rabanne XS
    Last edited by trapper; 10th June 2010 at 07:11 AM.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Default Re: a little secret for strong fragrances...

Im gonna try this thanks,

Im still kinda experimenting with the distance when im spraying or the number of spray I put on the same place.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I agree, for strong fragrance, if you spray like that the base note will show quicker.

I wore The Dreamer a few weeks ago, it was wonderful and long lasting.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

This is what I do with Joop Homme. If you spray too close you your direct skin ...ugh it is so harsh that you want punch a brick wall.

If a fragrance sometimes smells 'wonderful' and other times 'horrible' it is not an excellent fragrance. You can concentrate the molecules in different amounts to change the smell to a slight degree, but no fragrance is worth it if it is as temperamental as you say. And what you smell on your wrist is not necessarily what others smell in sillage. Keep that in mind if one smells horrible. I would never wear something that ever at any point smelled bad to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asmo View Post
    If a fragrance sometimes smells 'wonderful' and other times 'horrible' it is not an excellent fragrance. You can concentrate the molecules in different amounts to change the smell to a slight degree, but no fragrance is worth it if it is as temperamental as you say. And what you smell on your wrist is not necessarily what others smell in sillage. Keep that in mind if one smells horrible. I would never wear something that ever at any point smelled bad to me.
    Horrible comparing to the wonderful smell before, ofcourse it doesn't smell like I want to wash it, it's just mediocre.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.