Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default I have unscented underarm antiperspirant, now is there a good unscented shower gel?

I know there are unscented bars of soap out there but they seem to be very weak at washing off grime.
    The reason I ask for a shower gel is because the liquids I have come across like the Old Spice, Dials and Every Man Jack all seem so much better at cleaning than bars of soap.

Why am I on a quest for unscented soap?
    I figure I'd like to have nothing clash with my cologne/aftershave right after I step out of the shower and head out the door.

Default Re: I have unscented underarm antiperspirant, now is there a good unscented shower gel?

I have an issue with any over scented shower gels (as they tend to be petroleum based, and I am allergic to anything petroleum). So I have been looking for some time for an un-scented one. I have not been lucky in my quest but, I have found that any of the organic/natural gels tend to have a low scent that tends to dissipate quite quickly, thus allowing me to wear my favorite scents without the smell of gel drowning it. I tend to buy my gels from the health shops as they tend to provide organic/skin friendly produts. Try them you might be lucky in you quest.

Default Re: I have unscented underarm antiperspirant, now is there a good unscented shower gel?

+1 @ Marc Anthony

Dove also makes an unscented body wash with a ridiculously long name, Dove Sensitive Skin Nourishing Body Wash, Unscented. I've used it before and it works well enough for me.
    (\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination.
    (")_(")

Interesting question, perhaps you should try to purchase matching shower gel for your fragrances if they exist. I was wondering whether I should do the same but the price is quite an obstacle. I use a lot of soap.

This is a question I would be interested in as well! I use unscented deodorant and bodylotion but I have yet to find a good unscented shower gel. Any suggestions out there?

I don't seem to notice anyone smelling of scented soaps. I personally wouldn't worry about it, and certainly wouldn't spend the kind of money that shower gels cost in the long run (unless I found a scented one that I just couldn't live without). As Esquire mentioned, if anything, I would look for a gel that goes with your cologne if you want one to reinforce the other.

Whole Foods have a line called 365 Value. Their shower gel comes in unscented ( as well as citrus and lavander I think). They are very affordable (around $3 or $4) and are just as good as any other shower gel I've used.

I think the whole point of shower gel is that it smells nice and refreshing. It's not really marketed as soap the way regular soap is. But I do prefer gel to bar soap, and an unscented version would be useful. The problem is that almost no body would want it. People want it to smell like old spice or axe, it's the whole reason it sells.