Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Acqua Di Gio: Why real men would never wear it

Quote Originally Posted by jernizzle459 View Post
    You must have serious money to burn if you are going to spend your money on creed cologne's. A average 3.4 ounce bottle of cologne will last 2-3 month if used daily. I just would never purchase a creed no matter how great the fragrance is.
    Take Care,
    Jernizzle459
    Except that most of us DON'T use the same cologne daily. The Creeds I own represent a fine and long lasting investment when used in rotation with numerous other products.
    Don't buy Creed - It's absolutely your prerogative, but IMHO you're missing out on some great experiences.

As far as ADG is concerned I'm largely apathetic towards it. I've never understood why it sells by the truckload just as I don't get the loathing. I wouldn't entertain it personally (it's just not interesting enough) but certainly wouldn't mock or stereotype anyone for using it.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 11th June 2010 at 08:54 AM.

Taste is entirely subjective.

If they like it and you don't ... too bad. What are you gonna do ?

Their taste might be "BAD", but bad compared to what ? To you ??? At least they are enjoying it.

I dont like AdG, but why the hate ?

Dont like it , dont use it, don't complain either. CAUSE REAL MEN DO NOT COMPLAIN !

One advice is to drink less Hatorade.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    This is rather funny. I had a night out tonight and oddly enough... I ran into some people clearly wearing Kouros out tonight... and wearing multiple sprays of it.

I had to move my table because it was... killing me. If I wanted to occasionally smell an urinal cake whilst chewing my food or sipping my beer... I would have moved closer to the bathroom. But I wasn't.

And this dude just kept flirting with the waitress. She would come over to my table, chat for a while... and then complimented me on not smelling like that dude. What was I wearing? Creed Himalaya. I know it wears close to the skin; but she said she smelled it when I got up to go (ironically) to the bathroom.

Anyway, I told her that the men (or one man) was wearing Kouros. I heard her ask the man a bit later... and he loudly screamed "HELL YEAH! GIRL, YOU KNOW IT's LIKE CHICK CATNIP, RIGHT? SNIFF DEEPLY BABY!" to which she responded "That gentleman over there told me the name. And honestly I'd rather say "No thanks" to continue to smell that garbage." and stomped off.

Jerks can wear anything... and regardless of the fragrance, it just makes them a cologne wearing jerk.
    N i c e
    Currently wearing: Xeryus Rouge by Givenchy

Apparently Mike Tyson the boxer wears Acqua Di Gio, maybe you could meet up and tell him that he is not a MAN. lol
    Currently wearing: M by Puredistance

Actually, I think ADG is a very well done fragrance. I has some but could not wear it often--just doesn't suit me. But if you like it, I say rock it. It smells good!

I'm not too old to remember that there were fads and trends that many subscribed to, when I was in my early twenties, nor the daft things I said/did/wore back then. Nothing has changed. These guys are just going through the usual rites of passage, and good luck to them.

"Teacher, leave those kids alone!"

Quote Originally Posted by jernizzle459 View Post
    You must have serious money to burn if you are going to spend your money on creed cologne's. A average 3.4 ounce bottle of cologne will last 2-3 month if used daily I am guessing and at $150-$250 a bottle that really would add up big time. I only will buy designer fragranes that you can purchase either at online places like fragrancenet.com,fragrancex.com and many other online sources or at department stores like Macy's. I just would never purchase a creed no matter how great the fragrance is.
    Take Care,
    Jernizzle459
    You're using way too much if you can go through 100mls in 3 or 4 months. you'd need to be using nearly a mL a day, which is 12-14 sprays.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I just don't quite get the sense of "real man". "Real men" do not wear AdG, apparently, but they wear pink, and talk like truck drivers... Whatever, really.
    Mate, get get a grip. It's not the fragrance that makes you like everyone else, it's what you do, you say and you are.

Plus, this forums has always been using moderate and respectful language. I'm sure everyone would appreciate an effort to stick to that.
    Last edited by lupo; 11th June 2010 at 10:27 AM.

Blog Entries

+SculptureofSoul's comment. The only problem here seems to be OVERUSE! Yeah, it's kinda like posting ALL IN CAPS! We like to enjoy the fragrance ourselves, but most noses will switch off/become less sensitive when a scent is constant. In the FAQ section of the Gendarme site, there was a comment to the effect that if you can smell it yourself, it is not right for you. I am not sure I completely agree with that, but I try to apply judiciously, especially for the heavy hitters.

In my days, especially during my youth, ADG was undergoing a quite opposite process: as it was worn mainly by the rich kids in my school and in my circle of friends, it almost instantly became the ultimate frag-related status symbol, coveted, admired and extremely upmarket, maybe suitable for the same kind of wannabes (but wannabes with plenty of cash from mommy's and daddy's huge bank accounts)
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    when i was 19 i had a spray of a designer imposter that smelled just like adg , it was ok at that time, now smelling adg it is too sour for me, at age 24 i only buy Creed now.
    You only buy Creed ?
    Wow...., then you are missing out on a good number of other, designer or not, great fragrances...!
    --- If your dog thinks you are the greatest person
    in the world, don't seek a second opinion ---

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    i only buy Creed now.
    I have to say, you are really depriving yourself of the best frags on the market. You are also missing out on the frags that get the most female compliments.

I love Acqua di Gio & I don't care whether you like it or not

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    I love Acqua di Gio & I don't care whether you like it or not
    A lot of people like it, that's why it sells well. Asking basenoters what they like is of very little value if you want a cologne that most people will find pleasant.

Highly inappropriate thread and rude comments by the OP. Locking this now.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!
    Currently wearing: China White by Nasomatto