Code of Conduct

Default Is Lalique pour homme (Lion), a blast from the past..?

Wearing this one as my sotd from an official sample (thnx ebear)..

Such a classic, refined scent. However, it's been almost 3 hours now and, the way this scent is evolving clearly reminds me of orientals from 60's/70's et al.. a sense of Deja Vu.. in the sense, i feel this is the best representation of classics when they were released. This scent essentialyl uses refined aromachemicals available today, hence smells uptodate yet, with a nostalgic, elegant feel of classics. I feel im being transported to the era when most of the releases focussed on orientals.

This one is sweeter and more transparent than lets say a Patou Ph, PdN NY, Ho Hang, Equipage et al.. yet, it very easily finds home amongst these lavender + Floral based orientals

Other scents that forms the classic structure imho are
    Ck Obsession
    Cartier Kiss of Dragon
    Last edited by jenson; 11th June 2010 at 03:55 PM.

Default Re: Is Lalique pour homme (Lion), a blast from the past..?

Jenson,

I don't know too much about fragrances from the past, but I would certainly say that Lalique pour Homme does echo a classic feel. I am reminded a bit of Heritage, but it could just be the common ground of being a sweet oriental fragrance. I have a mini of Lalique pour Homme and the juice seems a bit difficult to get out . But it is a nice fragrance for sure. One that I need to dress up a bit to wear

My favourte from the house of Lalique ! The bottle is quite nice as well.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

True! I agree with the Heritage Comparison...especially towards it's midnotes...must be the screechy use of Cedar..

Basenotes Institution

I got the Heritage comparison the first time I wore LPH too. I prefer Heritage - it's a bit...crisper.

I got a bottle of Lalique (Lion) very cheaply at a Perfumania sale last year. It does feel like a throwback. Very soft and musky. I get a 70's gold chain and snazzy suit vibe from it. Not a t-shirt and jeans kind of scent. Also, like some have said, it can come across almost a bit sleazy in its muskiness. To me, it doesn't remind me much of Heritage, but instead it comes across alot like Helmut Lang EDT/EDC with its feel that borders on baby oil.

OK, testing it now, I do get a little bit of Heritage, in addition to the Helmut Lang. Nice stuff and I think of it primarily as a musk scent.
    Last edited by Indie_Guy; 17th June 2010 at 03:41 AM. Reason: punctuation

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

The Heritage association is even stronger if you try the EDP of the Lalique.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    The Heritage association is even stronger if you try the EDP of the Lalique.
    Yes, I should have noted, my mini is of the EDP. I still have not been able to sample the EDT. Considering when Lalique pour Homme was made ( 1997 ?), it is definely a blast from the past. Certainly not a scent you would think that would have been created at that time. Homme des Gres is another fragrance, while not similar in smell to the Lalique, that feels like a "blast from the past" when it was made ( 1996).
    Last edited by Surfacing; 16th June 2010 at 06:27 PM.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !