Code of Conduct

Question Please help me choose a fragrance as gift for my female cousin

Ladies, I need your help!
    My cousin is this beautiful and very classy yet simple, lightly tanned girl with brown hair. She is quite shy but can do completely crazy stuff sometimes. She has never worn make up or fragrance in her life (Her mother died when she was a baby) and she grew up with her Grandfather. I was asking her whether she used any fragrances and was quite surprised when she said that she had never found anything interesting. I told her that since her birthday was coming up I would take her into some fragrance shops to try some stuff but she wanted me to surprise her, now I'm considering the two brands which I purchase my own fragrance from, Penhaligon's and Floris. I guess she would like something as beautiful as she is, yet elegant, not sexy, perhaps mysterious in a way. Can you advise me? Thank you!

Default Re: Please help me choose a fragrance as gift for my female cousin

I forgot to mention that she is allmost 19 and still doesn't wear any makeup, not sure if that matters. Also she lives in Spain, sometimes she goes to Italy aswell, Sizilia to be precise.

The Different Company – Jasmin de Nuit; beautiful, elegant not provocatively sexy and in some ways mysterious and i haven't found anyone yet who considers it not interesting. It's not cheap, though, but neither are Floris nor Penhaligon which i think are a bit too oldschool for a 19 year old girl. Good luck!

Do you think one would be able to get samples in the UK?

I honestly don't know. But you could order samples from ALZD http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/information.php?info_id=7 , but you would need to order samples for at least 15€ and shipping is another 5€ outside Germany. i also don't know how long it would take until you receive the samples.

The Different Company itself has a set of 22 samples for 50€: http://www.thedifferentcompany.com/s...duct_info.html

50 for samples... Sweet Jesus

Maybe the samples would be a nice gift in and of themselves. By the time she has worked her way through them it may be time for another present :)

Penhaligons - do try the new Orange Blossom. Instantly likeable, classic. It's got that orange blossom cleaness on top but it's more complex, warmer, underneath. I like to think it has a bit of a cheeky glint. Nice for summer, and I think very suitable for a pretty, natural 19 year old.
    Last edited by Petra Ichor; 11th June 2010 at 08:31 PM.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Thank you Petra

How about D and G Sicily - seeing as she has connections with
    that island?
    Coco Mademoiselle is good for her age too.

Miss Dior Cherie is definitely intended for the young but is also definitely not your run of the mill fruity floral, either--she may find it interesting.

What a sweet cousin you are! I think gifting her with a selection of samples to choose from is a nice gesture. Let her follow her own nose and take note of what interests her.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 12th June 2010 at 02:07 PM.

DeepSilence

maybe Bright Crystal by Versace, or Scupture by Nikos. Think about Sculpture seriously .
    My cousin is fan of Paris Hilton(f).
    I'm not girl but i see, in this age girls like to wear fruity fragrances IMO.
    Last edited by DeepSilence; 12th June 2010 at 09:39 PM.

Don't buy her something mainstream. She is 19, she doesnt want to have something that is most likely to be worn by someone around her.

I recommend Parfums MDCI. Expensive but very beautiful fragrances.

If its too expensive for you, then you cant go wrong with Comme des Garcons 2. Very wearable and very modern.

Quote Originally Posted by Altodiva View Post
    Miss Dior Cherie is definitely intended for the young but is also definitely not your run of the mill fruity floral, either--she may find it interesting.
    LOL I was going to say Original Recipe, or Diorissimo. Pretty much any of the Old School Diors.Since she is very young, if you could find one of those sets with little bottles of various ones, she can Discover! Explore! Break all the rules and mix 'em up!
    One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan