Code of Conduct

Default Fragrances that, unfortunately, smell great on you

In other words, the opposite of "I want to love this fragrance so much, it's right up my alley, but it smells like crap on my skin!" This is for those scents that, on paper, don't sound like your kind of thing - they're not in your preferred genre, they don't have your favorite notes, they're too mainstream/generic/overworn, they have obnoxious sillage, etc. - but once they're on your skin, you have to admit that they smell pretty great? Perhaps, in all honesty, better than some your beloved favorites? Your skin loves them, but you feel nothing for them?

Le MÔle is the kind of thing that I can grow tired of very quickly, and normally try to avoid - bright, clean, powdery sweetness - but when I do deign to wear it, I sometimes catch my own sillage trail or randomly notice a good smell in the air and realize, hey, that's really nice. I also never get as many "Ooh, you smell good!"s with anything else I wear - apparently my skin turns Le MÔle into some kind of olfactory ambrosia. Upon application I'm usually all, "Ugh, not the right choice, why does it have to be so simple and sweet?!" But once it sits on me for a while...dang. And then it gets on my nerves. And then someone compliments me and...great, but do I smell that much like crap when I wear my beloved Kouros or Azzaro? Where's the random stranger love for those two?

Anyone else?

Default Re: Fragrances that, unfortunately, smell great on you

Interesting thread! For me it's definitely Chrome that smells great on me despite me thinking it's just slightly above average overall. On me, it smells awesome, my girlfriend who doesn't really like fragrances likes this one a lot. I get plenty of compliments on it and it just works for me.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Benetton Colors is a cheap fragrance that does not get much love on basenotes but on me it just smells great.

Tabac Original and Grey Flannel- from the category of the affordable ones
    Rochas Man and CK Obsession Night for Men- from the category of slightly generic ones

My wife and I don't see eye to eye on many colognes. She once bought me a gift set of Preferred Stock.
    I tossed most of it, but I still have some, in case she decides she'd like to smell it on me.

Hugo Boss XY, smells great on my skin.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Le male, Body kouros, Joop homme.