Code of Conduct

Default My split personality experience with Lacoste Essential.

Hey guys

Today, I wore some Lacoste Essential to work. I thought it smelled pretty good and fresh on me, although
    I have a hard time detecting it now, just a few hours later. I am, however, confused, because the last
    time I wore this stuff, I thought it had a bitter smell. I figured it to be the tomato leaf accord, and left it
    at that. I have sample vials and also a mini bottle. The first time I used the vial, the next I used the
    mini.

So, I'm sitting here wondering if the juice is somehow different in the vial vs the mini bottle. Or could
    it just be a skin reaction thing. The first time I wore it, it may have been in the hot afternoon. I know
    I read a post that talked about the bitter leaf note, so I'm left wondering about this one. I'd like to do
    a Youtube video on it, but I don't want to give a false impression.

Default Re: My split personality experience with Lacoste Essential.

I get the same thing, it's fresh one day and the next day it's sour.

I also read that Essential utilizes a "time release" technology. I wonder if that can backfire on itself as well.

Sour. Yes.

I have a small bottle of this, it's fairly generic to me. I do not get a sour note though
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

With this one, I think it smells great, but only hours later. I once wore it to work and had a date later that night. My date was jokingly jealous and asked," Who are you smelling so good for at work!" This was about 10 hours after I had initially sprayed some one. I put my nose in my shirt and thought oh I do smell pretty damn good
    There is no love in modern life
    There is no hope in modern life

I think it has something to do with the temperature, sweat of your body.

I would recommend to test it in a rather cold/hot environment to see how it develops.
    Last edited by trapper; 13th June 2010 at 07:30 PM.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

I have had experience of Essential smelling different. I first tested it from a tester bottle at my local Boots, and this bottle is almost empty, and the juice inside is not at all green, more of the colour of lager Great smell, but reminded me of something, which I worked out was the Eternity for Men tester they have in the same store.

So I did a left arm/right arm test of both, they were distinguishable, but with the same central accord that I liked (and yes, it was a little bitter). The Essential lasted much better, so I bought some from cheapsmells.com.

The bottle that arrived had a less dark, more green juice in it, and didn't smell the same one I put it on, it was much fresher, and you could even describe it as acidic and sharp, then the bottle I had tested from. No bad, just not what I wanted.

So I visited the stores again, the tester bottle at Boots still smelt the same way I liked, went to John Lewis and their tester bottle looked brand new, juice the same colour and same smell as mine.

So I'm quite confident that I have not received a fake... but there can only be 2 explanations of why these 2 tester bottles have different coloured and smelling contents:

1. Essential has been reformulated. The Boots bottle is old, and dates from before the reformulation

2. Essential changes as it gets old... The Boots bottle is now mostly full of air, so maybe the fragrance has oxidised etc. If this is true, then its good because this means Essential gets better with age (and I have a 125ml bottle thats going to last! )