Code of Conduct

Default AdP Blu Mediterraneo series

Is any of the AdP Blu Mediterraneo worth getting? I'm looking for one that is more tilted to the masculine side.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: AdP Blu Mediterraneo series

I think you will find that most of the AdP BM series are overpriced, for what they deliver: modern, straightforward, linear, simple scents.

The only one I love is Arancia, and that's because I swapped for a bottle here on BN. I would never pay the outrageous retail prices these go for, for what is essentially the same fragrance as you might get from a pharmacy or Bath & Body Works.

The only one that interests me is the Cypress. I love Cypress and that is a good, reasonably accurate and dry version of it. I wouldn't say that it is brilliant, but it is OK.
    Last edited by odysseusm; 15th June 2010 at 01:05 AM.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I own the fig one and the orange one. I also have a small decant of the cypress. The myrtle and the almond sound interesting but I've never tried them.

I like them well enough, but agree with Mike that they are overpriced for what they are.

Based on what I've tried I'd say that the cypress is probably more traditionally masculine than any of the others, but even then I would say that it is easily unisex.

noggs

I fully agree with Ody on this matter, as I must truly admit that Cypress is by far the classiest and smoothest within this product range.

Yep, the Cipresso di Toscana is very good. I had a bottle years ago and used it up.

They also have an almond EDT which I also like, but I can't remember what it's called. You have to really like almond scents, though, because it's the warm and slightly sweet type of almond scent.

I've tried most of the BM series' other scents, and I'm not impressed.
    Last edited by shamu1; 13th June 2010 at 01:48 PM.

I bought Arancia a few years ago and found it head-ache inducing. It was the first fragrance I ever returned to a store, and I think I ended up getting Costume National Scent Intense instead. I more or less hadn't bothered with the line over the years, until I smelled their latest offering, Bergamotto di Calabria which I think is a great summer fragrance. It leans towards linear, but there's enough cedar, benzoin and vetiver to round it out after a bit - though it remains more or less "uplifting". I also tried Mirto di Panarea which had a great opening, but didn't quite last as long and became more run-of-the-mill after a bit.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I think you will find that most of the AdP BM series are overpriced, for what they deliver: modern, straightforward, linear, simple scents.

The only one I love is Arancia, and that's because I swapped for a bottle here on BN. I would never pay the outrageous retail prices these go for, for what is essentially the same fragrance as you might get from a pharmacy or Bath & Body Works.
    What he said. Pleasant but overpriced, even when discounted.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

I love the citrus top notes in Fico di Amalfi but it doesn't last long on my skin, so no purchase.

Edit: I did end up buying a big bottle in the spring 2011-- and refreshing as needed. Everyone who smells it on me seems to like it.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 22nd December 2011 at 01:39 PM.

I like Arancia di Capri (orange) and Mandorlo di Sicilia (almond), but they're both a little sweet for me to wear. I'd really like for my wife to wear them, but she claims they are headache inducing for her.

Fico d'Amalfi is a fine fig scent. The last time I tried it, though, it turned very unpleasant on my skin after an hour or so. It hadn't happened in previous wearings. Odd. Salvatore Ferragamo for men is my fig of choice (it's not as sweet and so comes off as a little more masculine).

I haven't yet tried Foglie di Basilico, but I'd sure like to.

I'm a fan of tuscan cypress, though it is, as other folks have noted here, pretty linear. Lasts forever on my skin.

I agree with the general view that these are a bit overpriced and that, while some start off well, they don't live up to their potential. Many of them seem somehow unfinished. I also agree with The Bark, however, that Bergamotto di Calabria is the exception. It is my current summer fave and, blasphemy of blasphemies, I find it more wearable than any of the regular AdP's. It's a great, crisp pick me up with decent longevity. Perfect in hot weather, but like a good cologne, ok anytime.

I like them all and, I have to say, disagree about them being over-priced - £40-45 for 120ml puts them at the same price range (or less) than many releases that are MUCH worse in terms of both smell and quality.

But yeah - most of them are quite linear and, if I had one complaint, it's that their longevity is average rather than excellent. Otherwise I like them a lot.

I like the Cypress and Mirto...I think thats what its called?
    Im the be$t @ thi$

Quote Originally Posted by shortino View Post
    I haven't yet tried Foglie di Basilico, but I'd sure like to.
    Now you are getting into more obscure territory. I have that, also the Marine Oak, aka Quercia Marina scent. They are the previous generation of Blu scents, more powerful and assertive and quirky than the present line. Quite bold and masculine. The basil scent is very good if you like dry herbal scents.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I have all of them except the newest member.....I like the Fig and Cypress also.....Mandorlo is one that I wear in the winter.....Mirto is one that really lasts a long time but stays close to my skin.....Arancia is good for summer.
    The Fig and Cypress scents are the best for sure.....I still like Colonia and Colonia Assoluta way better.....I am an AdP fan.....That's for sure.
    Gary

I haven't had a chance to try any of these, but they sound interesting. Too bad AdP discontinued these and went with the simpler, more generic offerings now available.

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    Now you are getting into more obscure territory. I have that, also the Marine Oak, aka Quercia Marina scent. They are the previous generation of Blu scents, more powerful and assertive and quirky than the present line. Quite bold and masculine. The basil scent is very good if you like dry herbal scents.

Morning Star

I own Fico di Amalfi and Mirto di Panarea, and I love both of them. Longevity is low with both, so be ready to apply often throughout the day.

Mirto strikes me as unisex. My wife loves it, but I grab a quick spray now and then, too.