Code of Conduct

Default The Infidels EDP by Agonist

The Infidels is inspired by the Nordic climate and culture with its melancholy, and its appeal to a feeling of jealousy and desire. The fragrance is developed in Grasse, France, and can best be described as captivating and poetic. Every bottle is handcrafted and comes with a steel pin for applying the scent on the skin.

Black currant, Green cumin, Bergamot, Magnolia, Tonka, Lavender, Patchouli, Amber, Labdanum.

50ml sells for $495.

Thoughts?

Default Re: The Infidels EDP by Agonist

The bottle is butt ugly and the price is ridiculus but I'm still curious what the frag smells like. I just placed an order at Luckyscent for a bottle of "Tilda Swinton Like This" and "L'eau Mixte" by Patricia de Nicolai and requested a sample of The Infidels with my order. I'll report back what it smells like if they send me a sample.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Thoughts?
    That bottle is giving me the finger... Guess it knows I'm not in its price range.
    Last edited by Sugandaraja; 13th June 2010 at 01:10 AM.

Last edited by Indie_Guy; 13th June 2010 at 04:23 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Very interested in how it smells.....
    That metal 'stick' is for application ! Interesting, interesting ,interesting .............
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Sounds really good based on the description and that blood colored juice is neurotic.

Basenotes Institution

Wow's that's expensive.

Is that a cork on top?
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

We've discussed Infidels earlier too!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/248...76#post1830676

Quote Originally Posted by Furriner View Post
    Is that a cork on top?
    Yes, it actually is a cork.

I'm really into the bottle and that oozing stand-thing myself. Color of the juice and metal applicator are ultra bonus. Price = super minus.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

For those who are trying to figure how is The Infidels' smell, you can see it as a cousin of Kenzo Jungle. They have some similarties, using both a rich cumin structure, although Infidels is easier to read, while Jungle Elephant is exotic, full of spices, fruits, woods. The Infidels uses more cumin than Jungle I think, but after some time it gets softer on skin, easier to like, with a great prune-like smell with woods.

Basenotes Institution

Wel now I am curious about this after reading this thread and the one Tott linked to - so I will get a sample. That bottle is unique too.
    Update- bought a sample from Luckyscent- will let you know what I think ! Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 4th August 2010 at 02:39 AM.

The Infidels by Agnostics and that bottle...so many jokes can be made...
    -

I adore this scent, and pretty much summed up my thoughts in my blog post last March.
    A surprisingly great perfume!

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    That bottle is giving me the finger... Guess it knows I'm not in its price range.
    Naw - wiggling its finger @ you to 'come on in'

Basenotes Institution

I got my sample ! Firstly, I have to say I expected the juice to be red but it's actually very pale yellow. So the color red from the picture, is not the juice but the bottle color.
    Definitely built around cumin , sharp, tart - not really all that dirty - more a strong fougere / savory . I suppose you could say sweaty - ish but I just find it sharp and chic.
    I will have to smell this more but I can tell you ,it's a beauty . Unisex ,different ,very wearable.

I have a sample on the way... will let you know....
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

I tried this one a few weeks ago. Was not a fan at all, thought it kind of gross smelling honestly.

Reminded me of something along the lines of My Kingdom (obviously due to the cumin). Unfortunately, I no longer have my sample, so am still on the fence about it.

We sampled this ages ago, as the company was kind enough to send a decent sized vial for use to try, free of charge. I wasn't keen on it on myself, but my girlfriend, mother and neighbour loved it. It's just a pity that they want you to pay through the nose for the bottle design rather than the contents, but once you have purchased the bottle, I'm certain that they mentioned you are able to purchase a refill for only $90 which is then very cheap. It would be far better for everyone if they just charged say between $150-$200 and sold it in a more approprite bottle design, but their sales must be doing well, or else you'd expect them to have already come out with a cheaper bottle - Here's me waiting.....

Basenotes Institution

As you know I wore this yesterday evening and it is quite strong and lasting. Dimitri is right ,in his blog, when he says the fragrance seems to double back on itself because it goes on very strong citrus fougere, gets into 'cleanish' cumin with sweat and then back to a strong linear citrus again .If that makes any sense.
    After wearing it for hours- moderate sillage - I would say it is leaning towards a distinctly male fougere scent.
    As much as I like it and respect it, I don't think it's for me . Men - enjoy this one- it is good ! If you like Jicky ,lavender, citrus, aroamtic fougere type scents, this will deeply satisfy you.

My last impression about The Infidel is dj vu! Think and think again coming to Lui by Mazzolari
    The italian perfume hasn't fresh notes of lavender and citrus..I find this opening in the svedish scent very , very, very captivate! But..the freshness flies away!
    Other difference in the tail. If Lui reveals on my skin a lot of talcum, The Infidel instead shows a perfect balance of animal and rubber notes..
    these differences apart I find the central corp , with his suggestive message, rather similar..
    Am I the only one?

Where can I get a Sample??

Where can I get a Sample??