Code of Conduct
    Banned

Default Palermo by Byredo - New Fragrance

Byredo has launched yet another new fragrance, Palermo, available now at Byredo.com and Barneys.

Our "Palermo" opens with Bigarade and Sicilian Bergamot. The heart consists of
    Fresh Musks and Rose Absolute and reveals a base of Skin Musks and Ambrette Flower.
    The fragrance is inspired by Palermo, Italy
    With clacking oars the Phoenicians arrived millennia ago to found their
    center of ancient exchange. Under golden Roman yoke the port gained gleaming palaces and mosaics. Ostrogoths, Vandals, and Byzantines alternately wrecked and rebuilt. Moorish and Berber emirs dug irrigation and harvested new fruits the Bergamot oranges they planted still grow. Norman kings wrested the island back from the East. Garibaldi's thousand redshirts galloped through, and Italy was born. All those centuries of interleaved layers, one bled into the other, remain palpable in the air, the water, the art, the architecture, the spirit.
    IMO this sounds like one of the better Byredo releases, along with Pulp. Anyone at Barneys give this a sniff?

Default Re: Palermo by Byredo - New Fragrance

Looks like another one I'll have to try, bigarade and sicilian bergamot, yum
    I do like Fantastic Man, but it only lasts a couple of hours on me before fading away. Hopefully this one may last longer on my skin.

Basenotes Institution

Yummmm, sounds very very lovely. I love Gypsy Water.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

that sounds really good

Sampled it today and it is excellent! Right up my alley - a very smooth and sexy citrus. It has pretty low sillage, but I tend to kind of prefer it that anyway. This one just might be FB worthy...

Dare I mention hows the longevity ? I really do like Byredo but find them quite fleeting .....

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Dare I mention hows the longevity ? I really do like Byredo but find them quite fleeting .....
    Not bad on me, and I tend to have longevity issues with a lot of fragrances. But this one I was able to catch a whiff of now and then all day long - but, just that: a whiff now and then, because it does have pretty low sillage. But that's something I don't mind, as long it doesn't do a complete vanishing act on me.

Finally managed to sample this. It lasts a couple of hours, as does Fantastic Man on me. Out of the two, Fantastic Man Palermo Not my cup of tea unfortunately, I don't like the drydown.