Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Looking for Something Sweet and Sexy

Well I bought Armani Code and I'm enjoying its sweet and sexy qualities. I think this is the kind of cologne I like best. I want one more to add variety to my wardrobe, and would appreciate suggestions. I don't want anything niche, but I'm open to any designer suggestions you might have.

One requirement: it must be liked by women.

I should add that I have very little experience with gourmands and orientals, and I'm willing to experiment. I don't go to the clubs, so it should be something wearable.
    Last edited by vulcan; 14th June 2010 at 01:46 AM.

Default Re: Looking for Something Sweet and Sexy

Body Kouros, Endymion - two of my favs.

Basenotes Institution

You will never find a fragrance that will be liked by all women. Doesn't exist. Sorry to break it to you. How about this? Find something sweet & sexy that you like? Then when you're walking around feeling wonderful because you're enjoying your fragrance so much, the confidence you are exuding might be 'liked by women'.

As far as a sweet and sexy suggestion: How about The One for Man by Dolce & Gabanna?

Body Kouros (which smells NOTHING like it's namesake) and L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme.

I haven't tried Endymion but I read lots of good things about it.

None of these are particularly loud either.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 14th June 2010 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    You will never find a fragrance that will be liked by all women. Doesn't exist. Sorry to break it to you. How about this? Find something sweet & sexy that you like? Then when you're walking around feeling wonderful because you're enjoying your fragrance so much, the confidence you are exuding might be 'liked by women'.

As far as a sweet and sexy suggestion: How about The One for Man by Dolce & Gabanna?
    Ya, I know all that, but that isn't what I asked.

The One is quite far from what I'm looking for. As for Body Kouros, I can't find it in the store, and I've heard it might be discontinued.

Blog Entries

Le Male, Varvatos classic, 1 Million, JOOP! Homme

musc ravageur

Quote Originally Posted by tuisquash View Post
    musc ravageur
    Very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    Le Male, Varvatos classic, 1 Million, JOOP! Homme
    How do you feel about the original Varvatos? It has a vanilla that I like (I think its vanilla)

a men

Valentino V...Sweet with a kick of spice (almost like a modern rendition of Opium or something)

A-Men

I shouldn't answer for Vulcan, but I couldn't resist. I don't see him as the A*Men type...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan View Post
    How do you feel about the original Varvatos? It has a vanilla that I like (I think its vanilla)
    i was actually wearing it earlier and realized i need to wear it more. i personally have a huge sweet tooth for food and fragrance, and varvatos has a semi-cherry boozy feel to it, which eventually dries to a leathery vanilla which is equally as good. its very classy and i usually only have worn it for special occasions, but since ive got a 4.2oz im going to use it more often since it IS a great fragrance. i definitely recommend it if you want a sexy sweet leather scent. the vanilla drydown is what really caught my attention and actually led me to becoming a gourmand fan. i would consider it borderline gourmand since its got vanilla and that boozey/cherry feel. i strange gourmand but a gourmand nonetheless

you can get it super cheap online and its often at Marshalls or TJ Maxx. i'd recommend testing it first though, ive heard some people say its a "medicinal cherry" smell but i never got that vibe

in response to the A*Men comments...id try it first. stuff gave me a horrible headache the first try but needless to say i love the stuff now. id wear it daily if i didnt own my other gourmands. DEFINITELY dont recommend blind buying it
    Last edited by Neurosis; 14th June 2010 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    I shouldn't answer for Vulcan, but I couldn't resist. I don't see him as the A*Men type...
    Right you are! I like the smell, but not as a cologne. Also, since I don't go to clubs, I need something I can wear casually.

Le Male, A Men, The One, Body Heat (very underrated)

Le Male getting the most compliments out of the 2

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyylicous View Post
    le male,
    lol

Where's Le Grand Duc?! It would be about time for him to suggest: DIOR HOMME

The other fragrance that has not yet been suggested is: Jaipur pour Homme.

There are a lot more great orientals, but most of them are niche and unisex, so probably won't be suitable for you.

Quote Originally Posted by timkm1 View Post
    Valentino V...Sweet with a kick of spice (almost like a modern rendition of Opium or something)
    Agreed.

Jaipur pH, Dior Homme Intense, Chanel Antaeus (Manly but the beeswax keeps a sweetness to it), Lolita Lempicka au Masculin are all worth a shot if you like Code. Also Andy Tauer l'au Desert Marocain would be a perfect fit, although its niche.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Boss Bottled

Uomo Moschino
    Escada magnetism
    Ascendant -Oriflame

I must recommend to you Daddy Yankee, don't let the name fool you, it is sex in a bottle. It smells very much like Perry Ellis in the opening, but takes more twists and turns while on your skin. I did a review on it which I'd like to think is one of my more accurate reviews. Best of all, it can always be found at TJ Maxx or Marshall's and comes with a low price tag.

When looking for something sweet and sexy, I know first hand that it can be confused with gourmand; while I do enjoy many gourmands, there's definitley a huge difference between gourmand and sweet. Gourmands emphasize on the sweet foods, while sweet fragrances just add that little sweetness that differentiates it from a gourmand, or from even a spicy fragrance. I think if you like Code, Daddy Yankee may be but what you're looking for, I can use another bottle myself. It also projects much better than Code, which to me sits pretty close to the skin.

Opium pour Homme

You can pick it up at Walmart rather cheap and it's a great scent.

Bogart Pour Homme
    Rochas Lui
    Arpege Pour Homme

A*men & JPG Le Male ?
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by easyfish View Post
    Bogart Pour Homme
    Rochas Lui
    Arpege Pour Homme
    Is Rochas Lui sweet?

My suggestion is YSL La Nuit De L´Homme

JPG Le Male, LB Roma Uomo, YSL Body Kouros, Chanel Allure pour homme, Versace the Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Is Rochas Lui sweet?
    Touche! A lot of woods, a touch of sweetness.

You should give Givenchy Xeryus Rouge a try

I am surprised no one has mentioned Rochas Man! This one is definitely a nice creamy blended sweet fragrance, mocha, vanilla, slight floral notes, extremely well-blended and well done! Definitely a compliment getter!

I also recommend Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin, on a nice cold day, the Liquorice/Anise notes really project itself as REFRESHING! The dry down comes down to a nice sweet Liqorice/Anise smell after, with a hint of vanilla. Very well done fragrance as well.

Escada - Escada pour Homme
    Lanvin - Arpege pour Homme

Body kouros is not discontinued in Europe, dont know about Canada. One thing to be mindful of, the YSL concessions counter in most department stores will only usually have L'Homme, La Nuit De L´Homme, Rive Gauche PH, Kouros and the Jazzes on display (and maybe also Opium PH). You have to ask the sales assistant on the counter if they have any BK in a drawer under the counter.

But as others have said, BK has got 'sweet and sexy' completely nailed.

Armani Attitude Extreme is another idea, but might be too close to Code that you have already, try it anyway. Duhill Desire Red if you try Joop Homme and find it too much of everything

I second Marshmellow's suggestion for Rochas Man. It got some love on the most complimented by
    female message board. I got a mini. It blows away Givenchy Pi and A*Men IMO.

Gaultier 2 unisex, but erotic, Pi - tad bit more masculine, very strong, one spray; Joop! Homme - sexy but I don't need to say 1 light spritz only; Zino by Davidoff - not quite sweet, but erotic; JPG Le Male - yeah, mentioned zillion times, but most of girls drool over this one; Body Kouros -same vibe like Le Male, but different; Hugo Boss Dark Blue - underrated, very appealing, not weak two sprays allowed; Cerruti 1881 Black - underrated, strong - marzipan-ish; Gucci Envy for men - spicy, sexy; CK Obsession for men - great, strong,sweet, light application; Prada Amber Man - elegant, Le Male vibe, but more soapy, lovable; Moschino Uomo? - elegant, spicy sweet; Givenchy Xeryus Rouge - unique, different, sweet, not warm but cold; Cerruti PH - Joop Jump vibe, but more elegant, underrated - compliment getter with no doubt.
    Last edited by Zgb; 26th June 2010 at 08:30 AM.

YSL M7
    Chanel Egoiste

I will simply give my 2 cents based on a few of the suggestions that others have given.

D&G The One - My wife likes this, to me it smells a lot like many others (Similar to Pi and maybe even a bit of Musc Ravageur)
    Musc Ravageur - Well, you don't want niche so I guess this one is out. Seriously smells like a box of band-aids at first. Weird.
    Pi - Nice, masculine & warm. Received well by others around me.
    John Varvatos - Awesome designer fragrance. Too bad that on myself and many others it doesn't last more than a couple hours.
    Penhaligon Endymion - Well, barely has much of a smell at all and definitely doesn't last long whatsoever. Penhaligon Castile however is amazing!!
    Dior Homme - Completely horrible for me. One of the colognes that I have actually had multiple females complain about. (old lady smell)
    Joop! - As they say, it can be very good, but too much can be completely disgusting. It's all in the amount used.

Kenzo/Jungle pour homme
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 14th June 2010 at 07:09 PM.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Aigner Black for Men - Etienne Aigner (John Varvatos much improved)
    Fleur de Male - JPG
    Cristobal pour Homme - Balenciaga
    Nikos Homme - Nikos
    Apparition Homme Intense - Ungaro
    Cerruti Si
    Emporio Armani Night He
    Gaultier2 - JPG
    Joop Jump
    Burberry Touch for Men
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Wow, I'm getting a lot of feedback here. Thank you all. There are a few suggestions here that especially intrigue me.

Rochas Man: It sounds like the kind of thing I might like, but I don't want anything too overwhelming. I tried A*Men and it's just too much. Do you think Rochas Man is something I could wear casually? Or on a first date? How "out there" is it compared to Code?

Body Kouros: This sounds like a blast! I want to try it, but I would have to blind buy to do so because I can't find it here in Canada. I know it's strong, but maybe I'm ready to grow a pair and have something daring in my wardrobe. Considering that I don't go to clubs, what kinds of situations could you see someone using this?

Sur la Plage

Givenchy Play Intense
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Wow, I'm getting a lot of feedback here. Thank you all. There are a few suggestions here that especially intrigue me.

Rochas Man: It sounds like the kind of thing I might like, but I don't want anything too overwhelming. I tried A*Men and it's just too much. Do you think Rochas Man is something I could wear casually? Or on a first date? How "out there" is it compared to Code?

Body Kouros: This sounds like a blast! I want to try it, but I would have to blind buy to do so because I can't find it here in Canada. I know it's strong, but maybe I'm ready to grow a pair and have something daring in my wardrobe. Considering that I don't go to clubs, what kinds of situations could you see someone using this?
    There is no such thing as a fragrance specially designed for a certain activity (at least according to my knowledge). Body Kouros is sensual, smoky, incense-y, dizzy, cozy, warm and personally it's not even close in terms of strength to A*MEN, Boss Bottled, etc.

At first I hated it, simply because of the top-notes. I received it as a gift, and it took about 2-3 full wears to understand and appreciate it, so if you will buy it blind don't get disappointed if the start fails to amaze you, because you'll eventually understand all the good things that are been said about this awesome juice.
    Last edited by trapper; 14th June 2010 at 08:50 PM.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Quote Originally Posted by trapper View Post
    There is no such thing as a fragrance specially designed for a certain activity (at least according to my knowledge). Body Kouros is sensual, smoky, incense-y, dizzy, cozy, warm and personally it's not even close in terms of strength to A*MEN, Boss Bottled, etc.

At first I hated it, simply because of the top-notes. I received it as a gift, and it took about 2-3 full wears to understand and appreciate it, so if you will buy it blind don't get disappointed if the start fails to amaze you, because you'll eventually understand all the good things that are been said about this awesome juice.
    That's interesting what you said about strength. Do you mean to say Boss Bottled is stronger than Body Kouros?

Noses vary, but I don't think of Body Kouros as overly strong. I think you have a more sensitive nose than many. I had to blind buy it too. Hard to find. It's very much more of a casual scent. Not mature or serious.

Rochas man is nowhere near as intense as A*Men, and it has a different, more refined vibe to me. It is very "foody." I recall once I was wearing it around the house once and hadn't eaten and suddenly noticed I was ravenous. LOL. I don't know how to compare it to Code. Very different scents. Code is pretty conventional to me. It's a nice scent and I'm not knocking it, but Rochas Man is much more distinctive and doesn't smell like a lot of other scents. It's quite sweet. It is certainly more of a casual frag to me. I would feel silly wearing it with a suit.

Vulcan, my sense of you so far from prior posts is that you're probably young, but a bit more mature in demeanor than many your age. I do think you should sample L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme at some point. It is not an "old guy" scent. But it is very refined and a bit on the sweet side. Mostly considered an oriental I think, with just a touch of gourmand. It doesn't bludgeon women like A*Men or Le Male, but sort of quietly invites them to get closer.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 14th June 2010 at 10:13 PM.

a few that cometo mind while I am sitting here at a perfume store:
    Escada Magnetism
    Zegna Intenso
    Lancome Hypnose
    Lagerfeld Kapsule Floriental
    Rochas Man
    La Nuit de l'Homme YSL
    Nino Cerruti Si
    Guerlain Shalimar
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    lol
    I dont understand whats so funny?

I'm a bit confused about BK's strength. Some people here are saying it's not that strong, while some of the reviews call it a sillage monster. How would you rank it compared to other well known designers?
    Last edited by vulcan; 14th June 2010 at 11:49 PM.

Bond No 9 So NY.....It is really great....better than New Haarlem IMO
    Uden (Xerjoff)
    Im the be$t @ thi$

I second New Harlem, Bond No 9 with the caveat that a few ladies might not like it. I have found lately that Silver Mountain Water, Creed seems sweet. SMW is definitely a panty dropper for most.

Pi, Amen, Opium, LeMale, Boss Bottled or Bvlgari Black.
    Peace ~ Markymark

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyylicous View Post
    I dont understand whats so funny?
    I know enough about Vulcan from many of his posts to know that A*Men and Le Male are a bit loud for his tastes. They are both indeed good, sweet male scents liked by a lot of women, but I found it amusing.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 15th June 2010 at 03:23 AM.

That's interesting what you said about strength. Do you mean to say Boss Bottled is stronger than Body Kouros?
    on me BK has more than average projection, but not as loud as Le Male. Boss Bottled projects great on me, even after 8 hours, would not call it sillage monster, but if I'd overspray Boss Bottled it'd definitely be a killer.
    Last edited by Zgb; 26th June 2010 at 08:33 AM.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Try Hypnotic Poison by Dior. I know many women LOVE it.

Also add my vote to Arpege pour Homme by Lanvin.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post

I need to echo this recommendation as it is excellent advice. I would add in addition to The One, also try Givenchy Style N Play Intense.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Basenotes Plus

Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge is a combination of Le Male and Xeryus Rouge but rather more subtle. It has a seductive vibe and is not too expensive either.

Hypnose by Lancome
    La Nuit de l´homme YSL
    Very irresistible fresh attitude by Givenchy

Le Male
    Body Koruos
    L Instant
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creed Acier Aluminium

Lancome Miracle.
    Its somewhat similar to lancome hypnose just without that grassy note