Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Looking for Something Sweet and Sexy

It sounds like Fresh Cannabis Santal. Sweet and sexy.

1 Million by Paco Rabanne
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Last edited by pluran; 27th June 2010 at 02:24 PM.

I'm going to throw Paco Rabanne - Black XS into the ring.. very very fruity sweet on me and M7 Fresh one word "fruit Loops"
    Last edited by lingus; 16th June 2010 at 11:56 AM.

I'm interested in the suggestion that I look at L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme. I'm trying to locate it at local stores with no luck, and even blind buying might be hard since I don't see it on any of the sites I use.

Edit: I just found it on fragrancex. Are these guys trustworthy? I've never used them.
    Last edited by vulcan; 16th June 2010 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan View Post
    I'm interested in the suggestion that I look at L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme. I'm trying to locate it at local stores with no luck, and even blind buying might be hard since I don't see it on any of the sites I use.

Edit: I just found it on fragrancex. Are these guys trustworthy? I've never used them.
    No problem with me. Several orders with them from Spain and all was correct and fine.

Kenzo Jungle Pour Homme + 1

Yes, they're okay. Just dumb. They often pack items poorly, but by all accounts stand behind the product if it's damaged in shipping. I generally prefer fragrancenet or scentiments; they also carry it. It is tricky to find in US stores as well. Guerlain has odd distribution network.

FYI, if a local department store carries Guerlain, L'Instant Pour Homme and other male Guerlain scents may be kept in the women's department with Guerlain's substantial line of women's frags and other beauty products.

There's another thread going right now about L'Instant Pour Homme you might want to look at. I wish you could sample it. Though I'm a champion of this one, everybody's got their own nose.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 16th June 2010 at 04:54 PM.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I never had a problem with FragranceX's packing and I'm located half a world away. Every package arrived solidly insulated with tough cardboard and ample bubble wraps/foam peanuts. Perhaps they pay a little more attention to packages meant for faraway destinations. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    I never had a problem with FragranceX's packing and I'm located half a world away. Every package arrived solidly insulated with tough cardboard and ample bubble wraps/foam peanuts. Perhaps they pay a little more attention to packages meant for faraway destinations. *shrugs*
    Perhaps, but so many in here have groused about it, maybe they got the message. I ordered Millesime Imperiale from them. It came in shoe box sized container with no padding at all. The little Creed box was just bouncing around inside it for the whole journey. Wasn't damaged but...
    Last edited by StylinLA; 16th June 2010 at 04:58 PM.

Well I ordered L'instant PH. I should have it by about Wednesday. I'll give my review after a few wears. I'm very excited--my first Guerlain! I'm really maturing.

I agree with Aigner Black. Sweet, but very manly leather.

There are no 'club' fragrances. Here, I will give you the secret to not offending anyone and being liked by women: wear what other people your age wear. That will be one 3.4 oz bottle of Joop!, shipped to my corporate office.
    Last edited by Asmo; 26th June 2010 at 11:31 PM.

Well I bought Armani Code and I'm enjoying its sweet and sexy qualities. I think this is the kind of cologne I like best. I want one more to add variety to my wardrobe, and would appreciate suggestions. I don't want anything niche, but I'm open to any designer suggestions you might have.

One requirement: it must be liked by women.

I should add that I have very little experience with gourmands and orientals, and I'm willing to experiment. I don't go to the clubs, so it should be something wearable.
    May I suggest Paco Rabanna's Black XS as well, amazing fragrance. Smells so good, like strawberry rhubarb pie, yes you can smell the "Shortbread pastry" note together with the strawberries, very yummy! Very pleasant!

Body Kouros
    New Haarlem
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

MARIO - yer box is full! Empty it out!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Body kouros is really nice. currently its my favorite in my collection. Au masculine is nice too if you like some licorice and spice in it, but i prefer BK over it.
    You may also like rochas man!

Cool Re: Looking for Something Sweet and Sexy

Oh, for the love of Aphrodite!

Bulgari Black---The dark side of Vanilla. May the Force be with you.

Cacharel Pour L'Homme---Nutmeg at the heart along with--well, a quiet and understated Oriental. For Noble souls.

Individuel by Mont Blanc---Cristobal's an improvement on Joop! This is an improvement on Cristobal. Monster sillage but not too " loud." Juniper Berrry as counterpoint prevents it from being sickly sweet. A GQ 20's something scent.

John Varvatos--Yep. It has vanilla at the base along with "vanilla CO2" I missed that one in chemistry class. Anyway it's the fruit notes that give it its power.

Michael for Men by Michael Kors a kind of " pop" Givenchy Gnetleman. Also, not surprisingly, made by Givenchy for M.K. Read the reviews.

Roma Uomo by Laura Biagotti
    5 stars. There's a discussion on The Female Forum about Roma for women. One of our members ( Descartes) got mixed up and thought they were talking about Uomo-- But--You should read what he has to say, though!
    Hell, you should read what i have to say Zeus bless our reviews . . .

Egoiste by Chanel
    Not enough o's in smooth for this one. Nightime date.

Yes, Rochas Man is an improvement on A*Men.

(What's an improvement on a chocolate shake? )

Sorry, but I must I interpose my Tribunary veto--on the grounds that as R.M is much too plebeian--ditto Le Male.

Get Roma. Get any of the ones I listed--

Mind you, just remember that this is merely my personal, subjective and infallible opinion . . .

Oh yeah, and Zino rocks, too!

Vucan, may you make out like a bandit, but may you always do so with subtlety and finesse

Cheers,

Mario

Point Blank

I'm a bit confused about BK's strength. Some people here are saying it's not that strong, while some of the reviews call it a sillage monster. How would you rank it compared to other well known designers?
    I don't find it to be a sillage monster - it's comparable to other scents. However, the scent is very sweet and intense, which is why you should go lighter with this one, lest it gets cloying. It's too sweet for me personally, yet I'm still undecided because it has an almost narcotic quality - you just keep on sniffing and get lost in that sweet, eucalyptic haze... However, you seem to be looking for something more allround - in my opinion Body Kouros is not very versatile, it's good for clubbing, bed passion, dating depending on the form... it's not good for romantic walks and it's totally inappropriate for office. The name does capture it - it's about bodily attraction, there's nothing intellectual about it... I might get hanged for this because of course there are no dictatorial scent rules to follow and you make the scent. But from a guidance point of view, yeah, that's my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Point Blank; 27th June 2010 at 01:28 PM.

Le 3e Homme de Caron

I would consider Baldessarini by Baldessarini a sweet sexy fragrance, with some class.
    Last edited by jlentz; 27th June 2010 at 07:16 PM.

Pi-chewy almond.
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

Quote Originally Posted by The Grifter View Post
    Opium pour Homme

You can pick it up at Walmart rather cheap and it's a great scent.
    Make sure you get the EDP not the EDT .EDT has a minty midnote which is a bit odd with spice,vanilla and patchouli/sandalwood.The EDP is delicious.

PawelL

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin.
    It's ultraelegant - and ladies love it.
    Greeting!
    Last edited by PawelL; 27th June 2010 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    Le Male, Varvatos classic, 1 Million, JOOP! Homme
    If it should be not to sweet. You should try Azzaro Elixir which i did try the last days and want to buy at next as my sexy/party frag.
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."