Code of Conduct

Thread: Beeswax Note

Default Beeswax Note

Looking for female frag with prominent beeswax note in it....any ideas?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Beeswax Note

Demeter has a fragrance called Beeswax:
    http://www.demeterfragrance.com/Prod...ProductID=1137

Typing "beeswax" into the search field for fragrance notes in the Directory brings up these:
    http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancedi...&submit=search

You might also wish to sniff L'Occitane Honey & Lemon EdT or Honey & Lemmon Shimmering (different formula; less vanilla plus apricot added); certainly they have the strong honey note; I'm not so sure about beeswax per se.
    Also, L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger 2007 has a beeswax note.

Hillaire

In my experience of perfumes, the most prominent ans special beeswax note has always belonged to Estee Lauder's Beautiful ...and always will.

Seriously, I was a young fragrance collector when I first smelled Beautiful for the first time, and the beeswax note was so obvious and delicious, I became convinced I loved beeswax more than any smell, but most other prominent beeswax perfumes have left me cold. I'd say it's poetic.

Hillaire

Oh, and I should add the discontinued L'Occitane fragrance Eau de Miel, which if I'd known it would be so short-lived, I'd have stocked-up on...It's worth hunting down on ebay, but I'll second the Honey and Lemon scent, too.

Basenotes Institution

You need to try Moss Breches by Tom Ford.

HUGE +1 on Moss Breches...it's just that...moss and beeswax

Balenciaga Talisman, but here it is in combination with boozey fruit and mossy drydown.

Molinard Nirmala, but there is a lot going on there besides beeswax, it's similar to Nuits de Noho.

Blog Entries

+1 on the Molinard Nirmala.

Have you tried Honey I Washed the Kids from Lush? The solid parfum is very proeminent to me in beeswax note + sweet orange. On the soap form, it has a incredible smell of dulce de leche and it's dangerous because it makes you wanna lick the soap (no kidding, my syster licked it O.o)

I also detect proeminent beeswax note on the new Cuir from LT Piver, but in a leather and strong spices context. I don't know if it's what you're searching for, but if you can it's worth trying.

Miel des Bois.

A lot of Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab fragrances feature a very natural beeswax note. It's *very* prominent in Hanerot Halalu, which is a really beautiful frag. The notes are olive oil, beeswax, and smoke.

Blog Entries

Drydown of Lancome Poeme is beeswax to me, which works really well since it starts with flowers, then it's honey and pollen and then goes into beeswax -- a honey in development!

One of the best beeswax notes I've experienced was Jo Malone French Lime Blossom. I don't like the top or the middle notes (and maybe you'll be luckier), but the drydown is pure lovely beeswax note.

Quote Originally Posted by Linds View Post
    A lot of Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab fragrances feature a very natural beeswax note. It's *very* prominent in Hanerot Halalu, which is a really beautiful frag. The notes are olive oil, beeswax, and smoke.

discontinued

so excited to go shopping and try these!!

Suprisingly attractive is the Demeter Beeswax fragrance! Also, Estee Lauder's Sensuous.

I don't know if you feel comfortable buying fragrances on Ebay, but I don't think HH is that hard to find. It usually goes for about $15-20, so if you're interested, you might want to watch the BPAL auctions.

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

L'heure bleue , Quand vient la pluie
    both from

Guerlain
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Serge Lutens Feminite du Bois (or any of the spin-offs)
    Serge Lutens Muscs Kulblai Khan

Without a doubt and without discussion, most definately..

Miel de Bois

I got 2 bottles of it at the moment.

I would give a kidney for a bottle of that fragrance if i had to

If thats too much for you, you can find just a hint of honey in L'Instant, soft floral; and in Sweet Oriental Dream (Montale), very gourmand honey.

L'Occitane isnt bad but its just so light.. too light.

Thanks so much, all! I've enjoyed hunting down and sampling as many of he recs. as I can find. Any suggestions where I can go to sample Miel de Bois, Serge Lutens Feminite du Bois, Jo Malone French Lime Blossom (and I happen to LOVE linden blossom!, Hanerot Halalu (discont. and not even on Ebay,) Balenciaga Talisman (I'd probably dig the booziness,) Molinard Nirmala, L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger, and Moss Breches?

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieE View Post
    Thanks so much, all! I've enjoyed hunting down and sampling as many of he recs. as I can find. Any suggestions where I can go to sample Miel de Bois, Serge Lutens Feminite du Bois, Jo Malone French Lime Blossom (and I happen to LOVE linden blossom!, Hanerot Halalu (discont. and not even on Ebay,) Balenciaga Talisman (I'd probably dig the booziness,) Molinard Nirmala, L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger, and Moss Breches?
    well i would send you a sample but we are too far away.
    try on ebay. or simply buy miel de bois because i think its discontinued and if you dont like it, you will easily sell it.