Code of Conduct

Default Are any of these Cuba fragrances worth purchasing?

I own Cuba Gold, Black and Red all of which I love except Red, so I'm pretty content with purchasing more from their house, but I can't really find any info on any of these. All of which are newer. From the Cuba City collection - Miami, Hollywood, New York, Las Vegas; and from the Latino Collection (I believe, but not sure) Copa, Carnival, Cactus, Maya. If you have any info on any of these, it would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Are any of these Cuba fragrances worth purchasing?

Orange is like Rochas Lui. The top notes may come across as "synthetic" but I actually like them, and the drydown is excellent. Cuba Green is a cintronella/herbal frag with a mild woody/amber base. I haven't tried the others you mentioned.

I have New York and Miami, i got them for like 3 bucks each when kmart had the big online sale.

They both kinda suck IMO, i like NY better. Im not good at decribing notes and smells so i cant really help you there.

Hey Cologneist, just wrapped up a short Youtube video on Cuba Orange. I think that it's easy to get fooled into thinking that these Cubas are the greatest
    bargin in the history of all perfumery. They're dirt cheap, and actually smell kinda decent at the store. I'm sure that if they had Axe body spray
    testers, you might walk away with a dozen cans and a look of euphoria on your face. I get a synthetic plastic note here, and if you read the basenoter
    reviews, they mention it too, although someone said it was like Rochas Lui, which I haven't tested.
    If colognes that sell for 20-30 dollars a pop get dissed here for being synthetic or cheap smelling, how can a frag that is like 3 for 10 dollars even
    compete with those, not to mention your Creeds, Tom Fords, etc?

I have Cuba Las Vegas. It has a pretty strong tobacco smell with a little bit of sweetness. Its ok. For 3 dollars its hard to feel robbed. The tobacco could be done better. It smells like my humidor with a hint of sweetness. If you don't like tobacco, stay away. However, if you love tobacco. Buy it blind.

Another great "super cheapo" (at present) is Tabaco Latino, which I'd say is clearly better than any of the Cubas I've sampled (and I like the notes/construction better too).

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Another great "super cheapo" (at present) is Tabaco Latino, which I'd say is clearly better than any of the Cubas I've sampled (and I like the notes/construction better too).
    Thanks, I've seen this one from a site I buy from regularly, I will check it out soon

Cuba grey is Eternity. Not as good as the Original, but with better staying power.