Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: New Creed Aventus and Creed Spice and Woods Updates and notes!!

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    If the girls don't like the smell of Aventus on me will I be exiled to St Helena?
    I am going to wear it and let the girls know that I am the Count Of Montrcristo. lol

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    It never went anywhere.

There is no such thing as synthetic oakmoss.

Oakmoss is not the allergen. It was discovered a couple of years ago (after EU regulations) that Tree moss is the allergen.

-- Most people still use oakmoss in varying quantities because there is no synthetic version and there is no fixative to match it. Dior uses as much as ever. So do many others, regardless of all the talk otherwise. Jacques Polge says he finds it bitter and has discovered varieties of patchouli undergrowth, a pepper-iris accord, and other things to achieve to oakmoss effect at least to some extent.
    There are a lot of synth oak moss/ oak moss substitutes running around and the IFRA/EU thinks both tree moss and oak moss are allergens. From what I've read, there is no good tree moss substitute, which is why you see tree moss listed under allergens for a lot of the new formulations and not oak moss.

But I don't think Creed is an IFRA member so it would be a moot point for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I think I gave a cologne recommendation to a bot!
    On the bright side, never did a bot smell better than then!

( :

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    It never went anywhere.

There is no such thing as synthetic oakmoss.

Oakmoss is not the allergen. It was discovered a couple of years ago (after EU regulations) that Tree moss is the allergen.

-- Most people still use oakmoss in varying quantities because there is no synthetic version and there is no fixative to match it. Dior uses as much as ever. So do many others, regardless of all the talk otherwise. Jacques Polge says he finds it bitter and has discovered varieties of patchouli undergrowth, a pepper-iris accord, and other things to achieve to oakmoss effect at least to some extent.

I wish I could be excited about new Creeds..............

There is talk among perfumers of one of the companies coming up with a [processed oakmoss with the material which is the reason for the restriction by IFRA removed. They don't know if it will smell good enough yet..

I agree about the Creeds.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

First impressions:

Light, superbly balanced, yet lasts approx. 6 hours. The citrus melange at the top is what you would expect from Creed - made with top notch citrus materials and each note is balanced against the other. The blackcurrant is well tempered, and you all can allay your fears about the pineapple and apple notes - these ain't the typically loud and scratchy ones you find in other modern frags, they just add a subtle apple/pineapple layer to the citrus top (and are ofcourse ephemeral and disappear in minutes). The patchouli/birch is most prominent in the middle notes yet its not the bushwhacker patchouli you find in the typical frag - think a light leathery patchouli accord with toned down soft florals. Patchouli Patch lovers will love it. Need more time to decide on the base. Check out the Society-of-Friends-not-Fanboys Creed Group for a chance to get samples.
    -

Several hours later I detect the ambergris base. Not a whole lot of oakmoss. Theres some vanilla.
    -

Now on the CREED website. Looks like the US will be getting this ahead of everyone else.

http://blog.creedboutique.com/ask-cr...ebut/#more-267

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    First impressions:

Light, superbly balanced, yet lasts approx. 6 hours. The citrus melange at the top is what you would expect from Creed - made with top notch citrus materials and each note is balanced against the other. The blackcurrant is well tempered, and you all can allay your fears about the pineapple and apple notes - these ain't the typically loud and scratchy ones you find in other modern frags, they just add a subtle apple/pineapple layer to the citrus top (and are ofcourse ephemeral and disappear in minutes). The patchouli/birch is most prominent in the middle notes yet its not the bushwhacker patchouli you find in the typical frag - think a light leathery patchouli accord with toned down soft florals. Patchouli Patch lovers will love it. Need more time to decide on the base. Check out the Society-of-Friends-not-Fanboys Creed Group for a chance to get samples.
    great description!

but do you LIKE it? how does it match up against other Creed favorites of yours?

I get a lot of pineapple in it. i too do not get any oakmoss and I didnt get any birch in it.