Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: New Creed Aventus and Creed Spice and Woods Updates and notes!!

Cairomerta, thanks for the info. Even as an admirer of (many not all) Creed products, I have to say with no intentional malice that I have never seen anything wearing the august Creed signature to be graphically as cheesy - in darn poor taste! - as the Aventus bottle/box . The content (the "juice") must be much better.
    Last edited by Addict; 17th June 2010 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia Creed View Post
    everything i 'm gone say about the inspiration are not essential because it is not concrete as the perfume , it doesn't change the smell.
    i only want to rectify my father and mine influence.

i can tell Aventus hasn't been inspired by Napoleon travels and places he conquest.

the sketch on the stickers of the bottle and the box representing a man and his horse do not look like Napoleon , so much recognizable with his hat but there is not.

NO Napoleon, we got inspired by another historical hero.
    i won't say who, because that's not the fundamental and might bring us out of subject

it talks about a man at the begining of his own life , he has desir, passion, ardour, he's intense and want to conquest his goal which could be love, happiness, artistical career whatever is your goal; the important is to want this life.

about the note are :

Top : bergamot, blackcurrant leaves, apple, pineapple
    Coeur : pinkberries from Reunion island , birch, patchouli, jasmine
    Back : musk, oakmoss, ambergris, vanilla

there is no birch from louisiana or Napoleon roses

SPICE & WOOD

forget about Cleopatra and Mark Anthony's love . it is not.

Top: Bergamot, lemon, apple
    Coeur: Angélica root, pink berries, cloves, pimento, patchouli, vétiver, birch
    Back: Iris, cèdre, oakmoss, musk
    Congratulations on winning the award for the most nonsensical first post in the history of Basenotes! All kidding aside, you might want to lay off the glue sniffing.
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

WindyCity, did you consider at least the possibility that this may be a real member of the Creed family, for whom English is not the first language? Thanks.

I'll try to quickly and modestly reformulate what Olivia Creed (I suspect she is a genuine Creed family member, but I can't be 100% sure either) tried to say, in my opinion:

Whatever I could say about what precisely inspired these perfumes isn't important because the only thing that counts is the fragrance itself.

I only want to correct some details regarding what inspired me and my father.

I can assert that Aventus hasn't been inspired by Napoleon's travels nor by the places he conquered.

The image of a man and his horse on the box/bottle does not represent Napoleon, it doesn't even look like his recognizable profile, with the famous hat.

Our inspiration was another historical hero. I won't specify who it is, because it is unimportant and it would mean changing the subject.

[My suspicion here: Alexander the Great - Addict ( :]

Aventus tries to evoke a young man, with his desires, passions, sheer incandescence. He wants to achieve his dreams, whether they are amorous or artistic or else.

The notes are:

Top Notes: bergamot, blackcurrant leaves, apple, pineapple
    Middle : pinkberries from Reunion Island , birch, patchouli, jasmine
    Base : musk, oakmoss, ambergris, vanilla

[Aventus does contain neither birch from Louisiana nor Napoleon roses]

SPICE & WOOD

Forget about Cleopatra and Mark Anthony's love having inspired this. It did not.

Top notes: Bergamot, lemon, apple
    Middle: Angélica root, pink berries, cloves, pimento, patchouli, vétiver, birch
    Base: Iris, cedar, oakmoss, musk

-------------------------------------

You see, my first language isn't English either, so I may be somewhat able to comprehend more easily what other foreigners attempt to convey. ( :

Next time, Olivia Creed, write your text in French and I will be happy to translate it in English for you.
    Last edited by Addict; 17th June 2010 at 07:33 PM.

Come on Addict take the blinkers off if that post is from a real member of the Creed family then I'm Napoleon Bonaparte. But you can call me the little corporal.lol

Jack, of course it might be a hoax. (Sometimes I tend to err on the side of credulity, I know.)

On the other hand, the thing was really written like by somebody trying to approximate French in English. Not as a parody either (the "Clouseau" kind of Frenglish). It sounded authentic that way and it didn't try to be funny. I preferred to offer the benefit of the doubt to the poster.

I think time will tell (-:.

PS As long as we have you here, Napoleon, which is the cologne you truly preferred? (-:
    Last edited by Addict; 17th June 2010 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Come on Addict take the blinkers off if that post is from a real member of the Creed family then I'm Napoleon Bonaparte. But you can call me the little corporal.lol
    Hilarious!!

I'm not suggesting you're gullible, Addict, but would you be interested in purchasing a bridge in Brooklyn by any chance?

Anyway, second language or not, those comments were pretty damn wacky.
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

You can poke fun at me, guys, I don't mind at all. I freely accepted that it might be a hoax. It might be not though.

Olivia Creed is introduced as "Mr. CREED’s only daughter and a talented visual artist who works for the company". Could it be that she designed the box/bottle image? It would then make sense she would write her first BaseNotes post "defending" a Creed product which may contain her "debut" work for her father's company.

Yeah, yeah, I'm just speculating. I'll cease and desist and hope that truth will surface. If I was a little ridiculous in my credulity I'll make amends and survive the shame (-:.

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    I freely accepted that it might be a hoax. It might be not though.
    no, it is definitely a hoax.
    Last edited by TalkingMuffin; 18th June 2010 at 02:49 PM.

WindyCity, did you consider at least the possibility that this may be a real member of the Creed family, for whom English is not the first language? Thanks.
    My guess is its somebody 'we' already know, who wants to share this information without exposing him(or her)self, and hence his (or her) source.

OTOH, it could just be a troll.

Whatever, I'm still going to pop into my local Creed outlet ands ask what they know../.

Quote Originally Posted by TalkingMuffin View Post
    no, it is definitely a hoax.

here's some REAL information from my Creed contact, which fits in line with what Cairomerta said in the first place...

"It will be sometime in July (fingers crossed) ... As with all of Creed scents, the dry down is wonderful... Believe me, it's a "winner".... Aventus tracks the life and rise of Napoleon. It's top note is Blackcurrant from Corsica where Napoleon was born... Bergamot from Italy where Napoleon first victories make him famous... Royal Pineapple, Napoleon's favorite desert. Middle notes are Napoleon Roses used by the emperor in the romance of his wife... Louisiana Birch crafted to make his throne. Jasmine from Egypt which signifies the far point of his empire and patchouli... The Base note is Oak Moss. from Spain... Ambergris to signify the Strength of His Navy and finally Gourmand Vanilla in the French style signals high living which Napoleon enjoyed very much... Truly a fragrance of conquest in the style of Napoleon."
    What will be interesting for all of us who haunt the Creed counters to observe is how long it takes for SAs to morph from "tracks the life of Napoleon" to "created for" or "worn by" Napoleon.

Creed takes a lot of hits for much of their "history" but I think most of it is fostered by SAs looking to make a quick sale to the "average" consumer.

Big historical names make for a great hook. Churchill. Napoleon. Cary Grant. Cleopartra. It will be tough to say Spice and Woods was developed for Cleoparta with a staight face, but I'd bet money some SAs will eventually start saying it was "based on a scent that Cleoparta wore." LOL
    Last edited by StylinLA; 17th June 2010 at 08:45 PM.

"based on a scent that Cleopatra wore... "

Is that spelled right? (-:

Cleopatra didn't die a virgin, that's for sure... (-:

About the scent... it must be based on a mumified sample of Mark Anthony's sweat... (-:
    Last edited by Addict; 17th June 2010 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    What will be interesting for all of us who haunt the Creed counters to observe is how long it takes for SAs to morph from "tracks the life of Napoleon" to "created for" or "worn by" Napoleon.

Creed takes a lot of hits for much of their "history" but I think most of it is fostered by SAs looking to make a quick sale to the "average" consumer.

Big historical names make for a great hook. Churchill. Napoleon. Cary Grant. Cleopartra. It will be tough to say Spice and Woods was developed for Cleoparta with a staight face, but I'd bet money some SAs will eventually start saying it was "based on a scent that Cleoparta wore." LOL
    These were my thoughts exactly, from the very beginning of this thread. I'm not as great a mind as Stylin is, because he says it better than I could have, but this is exactly the dynamic at work.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

"based on a scent that Cleopatra wore... "

Is that spelled right? (-:
    wore   [wawr, wohr]
    –verb
    pt. of wear.

Probably better expressed as "based on a scent worn by Cleopatra"

Thanks DustB. I've noted for awhile that each SA has a different spin on some of the Creed legends and it always reminds me of that game called Chinese whispers or telephone, wherein one person whispers a sentence to another and that persons whispers to another and so on... the last person in the chain repeats it to all and it has turned into "Tabarome was made for Winston Churchill."

I think the query was a little joke about the missing H in that word.
    This scent is great, but ... MORE KITTENS!

Both sound exciting and can't wait to sample them!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
    I think the query was a little joke about the missing H in that word.
    D'oh!!! Good one addict

D'oh!!! Good one addict
    Sorry... just fooling around (-:.

Part of the fun in all this is that, of course, Napoleon was no royalty, in any recognizable meaning of that word. (As in being at least part of high-end aristocracy, if not part of a true royal dynasty tracing its claims many centuries back.) Napoleon was a plebeian through and through who, after demonstrating a political acumen and a military excellence which granted him raw power, afforded to put on airs for a little while.

It's a bit as if General Petraeus decided USA is ripe for abrupt change, took over the White House, declared himself Emperor of the United States of America, and started pouring Windsor by the liter on him, trying to make himself more palatable to the White House press corps.

... All said and done, I am looking forward to trying the new Creeds, as always. With them, "In fragrantia veritas" has felicitously substituted the old school "In vino veritas" (-:.
    Last edited by Addict; 18th June 2010 at 12:33 AM.

Default Re: New Creed Aventis and Creed Spice and Woods Updates and notes!!

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    Thank you. Creed will also be releasing a 250 year anniversary scent. it will be housed in a crystal flacon and the scent is still not decided. It may be a scent that has been in the vault for a very long time and brought back or it may be a new scent. That will be also released in a few months. The price will be north of $1000.00 from what I hear. Not sure the size but I am thinking 8.4oz
    *cough* Vintage Tabarome *cough*

Default Re: New Creed Aventis and Creed Spice and Woods Updates and notes!!

Quote Originally Posted by evbo View Post
    *cough* Vintage Tabarome *cough*
    Well count me in for a split if it is Evbo...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheBeginner View Post
    My guess is its somebody 'we' already know, who wants to share this information without exposing him(or her)self, and hence his (or her) source.

OTOH, it could just be a troll.

Whatever, I'm still going to pop into my local Creed outlet ands ask what they know../.
    Father Basenotes, aka Grant, can confirm whether this is the real Olivia Creed just like how he confirmed that we were conversing with the real Luca Turin ..
    -

Ms. Creed, may I be the first to tell you "Welcome to Basenotes".

It would be really nice to have somebody from the Creed family offering more or less regularly first-hand information about your House's perfumes. We are an opinionated bunch of people, but seldom more evil than any other cross-section of the population ( :.
    ...did I miss something, or someone?

see post 59 & 62

OP #58 has chnaged his/her original post

see post 59 & 62

OP #58 has changed his/her original post
    True. Which makes me believe I was gullible indeed. Mea culpa.

Blog Entries

True. Which makes me believe I was gullible indeed. Mea culpa.
    No worries. I don't think there's a person on the board who never got their leg pulled by a troll.

At least you fell for Creed's daughter. I think I gave a cologne recommendation to a bot!

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    ...Looks like oakmoss is back!!!!!
    It never went anywhere.

You think it's real oakmoss or synth?
    There is no such thing as synthetic oakmoss.

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    .....Oakmoss is not banned but is heavilly restricted. There is talk of a "safe" oaknmoss with the "harmfull" material removed. Wonder what it smells like?
    Oakmoss is not the allergen. It was discovered a couple of years ago (after EU regulations) that Tree moss is the allergen.

-- Most people still use oakmoss in varying quantities because there is no synthetic version and there is no fixative to match it. Dior uses as much as ever. So do many others, regardless of all the talk otherwise. Jacques Polge says he finds it bitter and has discovered varieties of patchouli undergrowth, a pepper-iris accord, and other things to achieve to oakmoss effect at least to some extent.

I wish I could be excited about new Creeds..............
    Last edited by pluran; 18th June 2010 at 05:46 AM.

If the girls don't like the smell of Aventus on me will I be exiled to St Helena?

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    If the girls don't like the smell of Aventus on me will I be exiled to St Helena?
    You’ll be sent to Elba first and may try to come back and give the girls a second sniff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorag View Post
    You’ll be sent to Elba first and may try to come back and give the girls a second sniff.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    I am going to wear it and let the girls know that I am the Count Of Montrcristo. lol

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    It never went anywhere.

Oakmoss is not the allergen. It was discovered a couple of years ago (after EU regulations) that Tree moss is the allergen.

-- Most people still use oakmoss in varying quantities because there is no synthetic version and there is no fixative to match it. Dior uses as much as ever. So do many others, regardless of all the talk otherwise. Jacques Polge says he finds it bitter and has discovered varieties of patchouli undergrowth, a pepper-iris accord, and other things to achieve to oakmoss effect at least to some extent.
    There are a lot of synth oak moss/ oak moss substitutes running around and the IFRA/EU thinks both tree moss and oak moss are allergens. From what I've read, there is no good tree moss substitute, which is why you see tree moss listed under allergens for a lot of the new formulations and not oak moss.

But I don't think Creed is an IFRA member so it would be a moot point for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I think I gave a cologne recommendation to a bot!
    On the bright side, never did a bot smell better than then!

( :

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    It never went anywhere.

I wish I could be excited about new Creeds..............

There is talk among perfumers of one of the companies coming up with a [processed oakmoss with the material which is the reason for the restriction by IFRA removed. They don't know if it will smell good enough yet..

I agree about the Creeds.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

First impressions:

Light, superbly balanced, yet lasts approx. 6 hours. The citrus melange at the top is what you would expect from Creed - made with top notch citrus materials and each note is balanced against the other. The blackcurrant is well tempered, and you all can allay your fears about the pineapple and apple notes - these ain't the typically loud and scratchy ones you find in other modern frags, they just add a subtle apple/pineapple layer to the citrus top (and are ofcourse ephemeral and disappear in minutes). The patchouli/birch is most prominent in the middle notes yet its not the bushwhacker patchouli you find in the typical frag - think a light leathery patchouli accord with toned down soft florals. Patchouli Patch lovers will love it. Need more time to decide on the base. Check out the Society-of-Friends-not-Fanboys Creed Group for a chance to get samples.
    -

Several hours later I detect the ambergris base. Not a whole lot of oakmoss. Theres some vanilla.
    -

Now on the CREED website. Looks like the US will be getting this ahead of everyone else.

http://blog.creedboutique.com/ask-cr...ebut/#more-267

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    First impressions:

Light, superbly balanced, yet lasts approx. 6 hours. The citrus melange at the top is what you would expect from Creed - made with top notch citrus materials and each note is balanced against the other. The blackcurrant is well tempered, and you all can allay your fears about the pineapple and apple notes - these ain't the typically loud and scratchy ones you find in other modern frags, they just add a subtle apple/pineapple layer to the citrus top (and are ofcourse ephemeral and disappear in minutes). The patchouli/birch is most prominent in the middle notes yet its not the bushwhacker patchouli you find in the typical frag - think a light leathery patchouli accord with toned down soft florals. Patchouli Patch lovers will love it. Need more time to decide on the base. Check out the Society-of-Friends-not-Fanboys Creed Group for a chance to get samples.
    great description!

but do you LIKE it? how does it match up against other Creed favorites of yours?

I get a lot of pineapple in it. i too do not get any oakmoss and I didnt get any birch in it.