Code of Conduct

Arrow Vintage Cristalle,,,or not!!

I purchased a new old bottle of Cristalle, Chanel. The perfume store that I purchased it from says it's about 10+ years old, at least. Does anyone know if this would have the oakmoss intact?? Or is the reformulated batch?? I am terrible with bottle styles TIA Oh,,it's EdT,,,not EdP
    Last edited by llnewcomb; 14th June 2010 at 07:14 PM.

Hillaire

Default Re: Vintage Cristalle,,,or not!!

Firstly, congratulations.

2. The edt is the one you want; the edp is another fragrance altogether and not as nice ...IMO.
    3. If it's older than three it is likely the right stuff. Your ten-year-old bottle of edt -- assuming it's legit -- is an oakmoss-rich beauty. But you can always ask someone for a sample, if you are concerned.

Best
    Last edited by Hillaire; 14th June 2010 at 07:54 PM.

Blog Entries

I have the reformulated Cristalle and I have been told that the older formulation was a darker yellow juice compared to the new which is a light yellow but, I have not been able to verify it.

To qualify for a "vintage" -- in perfumery -- the bottle with the fragrance inside has to have been manufactured before 1985, it is 25 years, I think.

Does your Cristalle EdT come in a box? Is there a list of ingredients on the back?

Thanks all for your comments. I don't have it in hand yet. Is there a particular ingredient that denotes Oak Moss?
    Yeah,,,10 years for a perfume is infancy

Be on the lookout for Evernia prunastri. You can Google it too, if you are inclined so.

I have a Cristalle from 9 years ago. The juice is a darkish yellow. (I haven't seen the new one, so I can't compare.) The box only lists Alcohol*Aqua*Parfum as the ingredients. I don't think the allergen lists started until a few years later.
    Anakin: What was that all about?
    Obi-Wan: Well, R2 has been...
    Anakin: No loose wire jokes.
    Obi-Wan: Did I say anything?
    Anakin: He's trying.
    Obi-Wan: I didn't say anything!

-ROTS