Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shalimar and Mitsouko Pure Parfum - Meteorites Bottle

Good Afternoon Everyone!
    Does anybody know how vintage is Shalimar and Mitsouko Pure Parfum in the refillable meteorite bottle?
    The version I`m talking about is this one:

I have found one for a reasonable price and I`m curious about how vintage or how different is Mitsouko and Shalimar pure parfum in this bottle regarding the original launches.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Shalimar and Mitsouko Pure Parfum - Meteorites Bottle

I know that these are old enough to not have gone through the last couple of reformulation waves... I'm guessing 90's?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have not seen Mitsouko in that kind of bottle before but, the hounds tooth patter may indicate it is vintage (1980 to 1990). The major differance betwee the Mitsouko of today and that of the past is Oakmoss. Either way though if you found this at a good price I would think you would do well to purchase it before someone else does. This bottle is very nice but, I am confused why the use of Les Meteorites which, is a very different Guerlain fragrance. I am sure someone will recognize this packaging and confirm or deny it's authenticity. Mitsouko is my absolute favorite fragrance. Good luck.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 14th June 2010 at 09:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    This bottle is very nice but, I am confused why the use of Les Meteorites which, is a very different Guerlain fragrance.
    That's why I'm guessing 90's, before Les Meteorites was launched in 2000.

That's such a cool bottle I'd snap it up, were I you.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Seen that on Ebay few times- looks very nice - lovely collector's piece.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

The concept of the Meteorites in Guerlain make-up may not be new but I cannot be sure. (This is makeup and face powder in the form of "perles," or pearls.) I would check with a Guerlain SA and see about how recent this might be. You can call the Las Vegas boutique at 1-866-409-6110 to talk to one of the SAs.

It's very pretty!

This might be a special promotion/limited edition bottle if you look at this design here:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...4&ci_sku=C0P6N
    Last edited by Primrose; 14th June 2010 at 09:56 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the opinions. I think i'll buy one, I found a seller that offered one of these beauties to me for 65 euros 15ml -a really bargain I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello; expert here
    I worked for Guerlain during the 90's and had owned this Meteorites bottle of Mitsouko, still own it, since the early 80's. So I know the Meteorites collection was around long, long before they launched the fragrance and even before they launched the Meteorites face powder pearls.

You cannot go wrong with this, it is soooooo superior to anything available these days. You would be a fool to let this one pass you buy.

Oh, and the whole idea behind le Collection "Les Meteorites" was to create a line of beautiful cloisonnée containers that could be refilled. Not only were Shalimar and Mitsouko available in this presentation but three other scents; I believe Chamade, L'huere bleue and Jicky. There were 10 lip colors available in refill, 3 face powder shades, and even a compact mirror.

There folks, now you have shared in the history of Les Meteorites from Guerlain. When the company was "truly" glamorous and not just over-priced and pretending to be glamorous.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brielle87 View Post
    Hello; expert here

There folks, now you have shared in the history of Les Meteorites from Guerlain. When the company was "truly" glamorous and not just over-priced and pretending to be glamorous.
    Well, thanks for clearing this up Brielle! And sadly, LVMH is all about selling the image of (hollow) luxury...

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Brielle87, that is so interesting. I only remember the powder pearls in the little box or the compacts the latter being refillable.
    DONNA

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the info Brielle! I decided that I`ll buy a bottle of shalimar and mitsouko in this version. You`re right about the refillables, the seller I contacted told me she has the refills too, but didn`t gave me the prices...

Post Thanks / Like

If you find out how much she is selling the refills for, please let me know.
    I miss the old Guerlain so much. As Tott said "...LVMH is all about selling the image of (hollow) luxury..." I still have all my old lipstick, blush and powder cases, now those were pure luxury...and at a very reasonable cost.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source