Code of Conduct

Default Calypso Homme - Tangerine in a bottle

So I ordered Calypso Homme the other day. I had purchased a big sample pack from Luscious Cargo (best sample program ever btw) a while back, and this one was one of the standouts. Then it went on sale and I grabbed it.
    I am generally a fall/winter fragrance lover, but there are certain notes and fragrances that I just love to pull out when the sun arrives. I am a sucker for grapefruit, orange peels, and sometimes lemon or lime. Even mango, as done in Un Jardin Sur Le Nil can rock my world sometimes.

This one is pure tangerine. The peel, the juice, and the leaves. There is some herbal element that rises up with an almost oceanic note in the dry down, but the green/orangy note stays for a surprisingly long time. The drydown sort of reminds me of some citrus based soap. Very clean, a little musky/soapy, and pleasant. I really enjoyed it today in the hot weather as I was wandering around the city.

Unisex rather than unabashedly masculine, but not floral at all. Again, Un Jardin Sur Le Nil comes to mind. The duration is about as you would expect with a citrus based fragrance, though not as fleeting as most.

Any other good tangerine/orange peel fragrances I should try?

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Calypso Homme - Tangerine in a bottle

If you like tangerine/orange peel you must try Arancia Di Capri by Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo.

I've never tried Calypso Homme, it sounds wonderful.

A couple of years ago I really wanted to like Calypso Homme, but try as I did at the high-end niche store, it couldn't make me want to wear it.

I loved the idea--a niche house (Christiane Celle was it?) with a line of scents for women named for their ingredients, as I recall, and the one, Calypso Homme, not named for ingredients, just named "Man." I liked that, and wanted to enjoy the house's single stuff for me, and thus keep my pee-pee from falling off and all that. In principle I like it when a niche house makes "Man," "Homme," "Monsieur," and "Gentleman," and I'll be inclined to think favorably about the juice. Not so with Calypso Homme though, and in truth Slim, I regret I don't really go for tangerine much if I judge from my collection. I was once thinking about Miller Harris's Tangerine Vert though, but for orange peel I'm very partial to Caron's L'Anarchiste.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Sur la Plage

I really like Calypso Homme. The tangerine makes it "not your ordinary citrus" fragrance - and it has good longevity as well.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I like Trumper Portugal. Lots of "peel" in the opening. Dries down to a pleasant orangey musk.

This was really short-lived on me, unlike most everything else I wear.

There is a fragrance listed on LuckyScent as Calypso Tangerine. Are they the same?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Sur la Plage

It was originaly called Homme. But it has now been renamed Tangerine and is being positioned as a unisex fragrance.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 15th June 2010 at 08:51 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    This is the one I purchased:
    http://www.lusciouscargo.com/Merchan...roduct_Count=2

Here is the sale listing to get 25% off:
    http://www.lusciouscargo.com/Merchan...egory_Code=CSB

They look like different products to me, but seems to be the same company repackaging and rebranding. Maybe that's why LusciousCargo is selling them off.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Blog Entries

I have never tried Calypson Homme but, I put it on "The List". Thanks for the information.

I like it, but longevity is zero.

Thanks guys, I'll definitely try it out. Always looking for more citrus.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense