Code of Conduct

Angry I hate fagrances like this. Piper Nigrum and Dior Eau Noire - driving me crazy.

Piper Nigrum and Dior Eau Noire. Two fragrance that drive me crazy.
    Piper Nigrum; one minute this is the most amazing juice, the next minute the pepper is just a blazing too much....absolutely disgusting.
    Dior Eau Noire; one minute this is the most amazing juice, the next minute maple syrup and bacon...absolutely disgusting.

And then there are the opposite type fragrances; Monsieur De Givenchy, Acqua de Parma Colonia that are always safe and steady.
    Last edited by neal; 15th June 2010 at 01:46 PM.

Default Re: I hate fagrances like this. Piper Nigrum and Dior Eau Noire - driving me crazy.

I quite like Piper Negrum, but it makes me sneeze incessantly. Shame.

Default Re: I hate fagrances like this. Piper Nigrum and Dior Eau Noire - driving me crazy.

Maple syrup and bacon doesn't smell too bad but that is definitely not something I'd want to smell like!

Describing Eau Noire as "maple syrup and bacon" is a gross oversimplification of this complex, magnificent creation.
    Last edited by WindyCity1014; 15th June 2010 at 04:42 PM.
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Clearly those are not meant for you. Nothing wrong with sticking to the safe and steady.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity1014 View Post
    Describing Eau Noire as "maple syrup and bacon" is a gross oversimplification of this complex, magnificent creation.
    Of course it is. My point was in one sniff, one day I love it, the next sniff, next day I hate it. Not sure why?

I am always amazed at the fluctuation of the tolerance and appreciation of different scents that humans have...it seems it is different every day, probably depending on our body chemistry, hormone fluctuations, what we've eaten and many other factors, I suppose. It is probably an atavistic survival mechanism within us to discern and analyze what is edible or toxic in gathering a variety of foodstuffs. I suspect that is what may be coming into play with your love/hate relationship with these scents. I wouldn't get rid of them, just use them on "on" days and avoid on "off" days.

That's alright, it just means you have boring taste.

I joke, I joke, I keed, I keed.

To each his own. I can see how those two fragrances can be off-putting to some. They're actually faves of mine. I don't get any bacon in Eau Noire, however I do get a burnt sugar accord. Maybe that's what you're interpreting as bacon?? lol
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 15th June 2010 at 10:36 PM.

"Maple syrup and bacon" sounds like the beginning of what might very well prove to be the most successful female perfume of all time.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Disgusting is the right word for Piper Nigrum. I may even think of throwing the sample away ( at least, I got it for free in a shop ).

I prefer Piper Perabo

Mmmmmmmmm..... maple syrup and bacon

All it needs is a hint of egg and a pancake bun and you got Ode de M'griddle....
    Last edited by Pipsta; 16th June 2010 at 05:42 AM.

Piper Nigrum is good and Eau Noire is my fetish (immortelle) perfume.
    Just send them to me, brother, I pay for the postage
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Default ---

---
    Last edited by Jette; 17th June 2010 at 10:05 PM.