Code of Conduct

Question Creed Selection Verte. Are there different bottle designs for the 250ml at all?

I've just received a bottle of Selection Verte and couldn't help notice that the bottle stopper is different from the pictures on the web sites. Are there different designs at all, is mine legit, is it old stock - any ideas please?

Pictures off Creed Boutique and Creed UK show

My bottle looks like:

Front and box

Bottle stopper

Rear of bottle

You can see that it is quite different, especially the stopper at the top. Mine is not fancy and doesn't have the Creed logo on the stopper. The bottle does have the Creed symbol all around the rear and sides.
    If any Creed expert can shine a light on this, I would appreciate it. The bottle was purchased from a legit well known shop.

Default Re: Creed Selection Verte. Are there different bottle designs for the 250ml at all?

all i can tell you is that I got a flacon of Selection Verte from the Creed Boutique about 4 months ago.

the bottle looks the same as yours. the top definitely has the Creed logo on it. Not sure why yours does not. Also, on mine, the "Selection Verte" sticker isn't on the neck, it was on the bottom of the bottle. the "coded" year is 08.

how does it smell? where did you get it from? yours looks very real, aside from the top. in fact, the Creed logo on top is likely a sticker, and for whatever reason it's not on yours. The actual physical top looks exactly the same though.

perhaps the reason you got it at a discount is because the top was missing the Creed logo sticker? who knows... i wouldn't worry about it as long as it smells good.
    Last edited by TalkingMuffin; 15th June 2010 at 06:58 PM.

Default Re: Creed Selection Verte. Are there different bottle designs for the 250ml at all?

Where does it let you know what the coded year is please? Does the year indicate how old the bottle is?

lots of debate about this... i think the year code is the date the ingredients were harvested, not necessarily the year it was bottled.

it's a really small serial number on the bottom of the bottle. the middle two digits are "01" or "05" or "08". I have a Green Irish Tweed with an "09" stamp. and man does GIT smell good when it's fresh... WOW.

Totally legit and real. there are slightly different bottle designs varying by year and region.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

There's no serial at the bottom, all I can see is MADE IN FRANCE and another sticker that says Selection Verte. The bottom of the bottle does have VB 5 or
    V8 5 on it, but I don't think that's a serial? as it is indented into the glass.
    Thanks anyway to all for the help. It smells fantastic anyway. I've not purchased a Creed for a while, so with websites showing a different top, I did think the worse at first

I had bought a flacon of Selection Verte from fragrancenet, a few months ago. It did have that gold emblem thing on top of the cap but due to slight leakage during shipping, the perfume came in contact with that gold emblem thingy and it came off the top. I had to then stick it back on with super glue.

Your flacon does appear legit, no question about that. I am not sure if I can see from the pic of your flacon, if on the top of the screw top the edges are slightly raised for that gold emblem logo to fit in. If there is then there is a possibility that the emblem fell off it. Obviously it did not happen during shipping. Just for info, where did you buy it?

and btw, congratulations on your purchase. It's a great buy.