Code of Conduct

Exclamation New GAP Core for men

Simple, fresh, clean and sexy fragrance for men named Core is a novelty from the house of Gap.

Available in an elegant and dark glass bottle with metallic silver stopper, designed for everyday wear.

The composition of the new fragrance Core contains organic sweet basil, hot black pepper, freshly sweet mandarin, freesia flowers, lavender, nutmeg, suede, amber, sandalwood and tropical moss. The fragrance, launched in 2010, will be available in 100 ml bottles. A counterpart to Gap's Close for women launched two years ago.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New GAP Core for men

Simple, fresh, clean and sexy! How exciting! (*barf*)
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Just picked one up. GAP has a $10 off coupon in-store so I snagged this for like $20 (100ml bottle).

^^^^ How do you like it?

Post Thanks / Like

I just picked this one up. Not bad, a basil/pepper opening with a bit of added sweetness on the drydown. I got the 1 oz. for just over 10 bucks because Gap had a 30% off sale, so for the price, it's a pretty good buy. Nothing overly fantastic, a good everyday scent that isn't overly generic, fresh, and boring. It's nothing really new, but if you like peppery-sweet scents, it's worth it for the price.

Gap fragances stay with a great reputation i think, their fragances are cheap but enough high in relation to the generic standard fragances to be in a better place, i hope to see it soon on stores.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

The bottle is even more beautiful in person, than in the picture above. Really modern and it just feels good in your hand. Reminds me of a cross between the Kenzo Power bottle and a mini, stainless steel pepper grinder.

The scent is your typical boring fresh aquatic, very been-there-done-that and I'm sure it will garner it's wearers tons of compliments from 'chicks', but this is not something I could imagine wearing. It reminds me of a less metallic Curve.

Post Thanks / Like

After wearing this for a day, too much basil and pepper, wayyy too much basil and pepper.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

What insipid crap this is. Why do they even bother to make stuff like this????
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    because it sells

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, the more I wear this, (spray it on after I get out of the shower at night hoping that maybe it might smell better this time) the more it continues to suck.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried this the other day , very ordinary generic scent , just nothing stands out about it,the bottle however is great ! The best thing about it !

Post Thanks / Like

Someone's become a little jaded ?

This type of scent is not made for serious fragrance lovers.....This is made to sell, sell, sell.....Money, money, money.....That's what these fragrances are about.....They launch a new scent and it brings people to the store in hopes of selling other merchandise.....Bottum line!!! The bottle looks good.....the fragrance isn't bad.....A new fragrance and a new shirt or pants to go along with the new fragrance.....That's called selling in the retail business.....Gary

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
    Someone's become a little jaded ?

I went into the store and tried it. I certainly didn't find it fresh, clean or sexy. I think many Axe products smell better than this.

I have liked some other Gap scents in the past (Grass, Om). I don't find this anywhere on par with them.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 15th July 2010 at 01:03 AM.

I like this - it is just a nice layed back scent. Great with short and t-shirt for casual saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I like this - it is just a nice layed back scent. Great with short and t-shirt for casual saturday.
    Good for you. I liked it quite a bit too. I wore some last Saturday after a wrist spritz at the mall. Long lasting and pleasant. Smells as good as a new Bond release lately. It smells nice, maybe a bit boring or derivative...but this is GAP not Barney's. Don't go to GAP people expecting to discover the next Black Aoud. It does what it does well, and I liked the pepper quite a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Just pulling your leg a little J . . . . nothing serious

I went into the store and tried it. I certainly didn't find it fresh, clean or sexy. I think many Axe products smell better than this.

I have liked some other Gap scents in the past (Grass, Om). I don't find this anywhere on par with them.