From a sample given to me,
    by a certain Swedish BNer
    living in Amsterdam ...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Sotd - Wednesday the 16th of June

Vincent Roubert and François Coty' s

KNIZE TEN

Joining my Danish cousin LE GRAND DUC
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sotd - Wednesday the 16th of June

Wee ... a good day for the king!

Post Thanks / Like

GooD Morning Have a Wonderful Wednesday

I am in a wonderful scent...ROSE ISPAHAN by YVES ROCHER ..not existing in database...
    Launched by Yves Rocher, Rose Ispahan is an unusual oriental floral and spicy fragrance. Besides the main notes of rose and vanilla, it also features mimosa, spices, clove, amber, patchouli and vetiver.

LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Post Thanks / Like

Another day in Roma by Laura Biagiotti.

Why anybody could discontinue a scent like this
    I will never understand.

I was trying a very unspectacular mini of Spectacular by Joan Collins but have washed it off now, because some interesting ancient frags arrived....

Now I am wearing on one hand a vintage Potter & Moore's Mitcham Lavender and on the other a vintage Fragonard E. Fuchs Rose.
    Amazingly they both smell as pure as if they were bottled yesterday. They must have used the best quality ingredients in those days.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

My SOTD is Marc Jacobs Ivy.

Top notes: nutmeg, cardamom and mandarin
    Middle notes: candy cane accord and fresh orris
    Base Notes: suede, tonka bean, vetiver and sandalwood

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

I was also thinking about a Fragonard scent, not the old one but what I have got on hand -- from Les Confidentiels collection Cette Nuit-La -- a full bodied green oriental dream fragrance, woody and slightly weird with its dark herbs. What a change from loveable and huggable Monday and Tuesday. Blame the community now.

Have a nice hump day, folks!

I'm having a perfume frenzy today, fourth and fifth on. I now have Gres, Cabotine on one hand and a Ma Griffe reformulation on the other. That is a green Wednesday. I didn't think I liked Cabotine as it is a bit catty, but actually it's ok, like a squashed dandelion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    My SOTD is Marc Jacobs Ivy.

Top notes: nutmeg, cardamom and mandarin
    Middle notes: candy cane accord and fresh orris
    Base Notes: suede, tonka bean, vetiver and sandalwood

Mmmmmm, Petruccij, you smell wonderful! I'm a big fan of MJ's Ivy.

Sophi, do you know if the Yves Rocher Rose Ispahan is a new or vintage fragrance from the line? Often it's the scents on the far ends of a perfumer's line that fall off the radar. Just wondering. It sounds glorious!

My SoTD is Creed Tuberose Indiana. Perfect weather to wear this (lightly sprayed!) -sunny and with low humidity.

Tuberose Indiana notes include: bergamot, Indian tubereuse, vanilla, ambergris.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 16th June 2010 at 11:58 AM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Eau d'Hermès.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Day one of the cutting down on the cortison tablets slightly...So kind of feeling a littlebit under the weather today. The eye is stable,though. Sotd is Angel.

Post Thanks / Like

YR Rose Ispahan came out a few years later after the original Ispahan, 1995-1996 perhaps? It was packaged in the same shaped bottle as dark blue Ispahan, only in Rose's case the bottle was bright pink.

Some older YR are treasures.

kewart, Roma is on my "to buy" list, although I've never tried it, purely because I'm a big fan of Tempore Donna. Mmm, I might wear that tomorrow, thanks for putting it in my head.

And thanks for the welcome yesterday, guys! Friendliest internet forum ever, or what?

Today is 24, Faubourg. LOVE IT.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    Mmmmmm, Petruccij, you smell wonderful! I'm a big fan of MJ's Ivy.

My SoTD is Creed Tuberose Indiana. Perfect weather to wear this (lightly sprayed!) -sunny and with low humidity.

Tuberose Indiana notes include: bergamot, Indian tubereuse, vanilla, ambergris.
    Thank you ComDiva. You smell gorgeous yourself - I just love tuberose. I feel that Ivy is the best of the Marc Jacobs splash line.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    YR Rose Ispahan came out a few years later after the original Ispahan, 1995-1996 perhaps? It was packaged in the same shaped bottle as dark blue Ispahan, only in Rose's case the bottle was bright pink.

Some older YR are treasures.
    I know. I wish I could find a bottle of Venise!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

I am wearing Rive Gauche. Why is it that I so forget the exquisite beauty of Rive Gauche? Each time I wear it, I promise myself to wear it more often, and then...who knows?

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Agatha Brown Imperial Jade Emperor

Last edited by kbe; 16th June 2010 at 12:54 PM.
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Good Morning All. Yesterday I was out and about at my favorite outdoor mall. Ouch! some of those exclusive shops can do some serious damage to my pocketbook, but anyway thats a different story. I went into the L'Occitane store and lo and behold, they were having their semi-annual sale. Selected items are 30% to 50% off, its a great way to try the line. Long story short, I purchased the the 'Honey Miel & Lemon Citron' I had sampled this previously and was not a fan, this time a whole different opinion, loved it! Their going to discontinue this particular scent, so if your interested, go, go now! Their is something comforting about the scent, top notes;cinnamon and lemon, middle notes; honey and caramel, base; patchouli and vanilla.

Post Thanks / Like

No. 5 Eau Première is working well for me in this morning's swamp.

Post Thanks / Like

Today I'm in Untitled No. 4 by Sarah Barton-King.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Twolf, Cette Nuit La is on my imminent to buy list

Estee Lauder Sensuous

Have a lovely day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

((ineespenes)) Hope you feel better soon.

I'm wearing a Verveine of L'Occitane's from the late 1990s, with a base of lavender. Going over to Mom's in a few minutes to tell Maintenance where to hang Dad's paintings which we unpacked this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

John Singer Sargent
    Pierre Balmain - Ivoire

The perfect scent for a warm day.
    Softly wrapped in loose white linen, I dream.
    Sweet lemonade is the ideal companion
    for the light greens and spritely florals.

Created in 1980 by Florasynth;
    a soft fresh green floral parfum with
    top notes of marigold, bergamot, galbanum and camomile with
    heart notes of jasmine, lily of the valley, rose, jonquil and neroli on
    base notes are frankincense, vetiver, sandalwood and amber.
    Last edited by kumquat; 16th June 2010 at 02:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Klaire!! (Eau Claire??) Thank you so much for letting us know L'Occitane's discontinuing
    Miel et Citron
    (One of MY all time faves). Ran right over to the site and got me two bottles of the shimmering EDT. Totally panicked at the idea of not having this handy by!!

My second round of house guests having left I am back snuffling through my Mecheri samples and today it's
    Datura Blanche
    The notes are: White Datura, Indian Tuberose, Heliotrope, Bitter Almond, Myrrh, Tonka Bean and Vanille Madagascar. There's a sickly sweetness to it with an undertone of pee pee. Neither of these things particularly bother me but it's just not sitting well at the moment.

Jury's still out.

Will report.
    Last edited by TaoLady; 16th June 2010 at 02:17 PM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Starting my morning with Fresh Hesperides again. I love this stuff - simple fresh grapefruit hit- gets me high first thing ! *LOL*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Smile Re: Sotd - Wednesday the 16th of June

Costes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am in Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil. Just got it in a swap, had no idea what it smelled like, but when I tried it I was elated! Here's something along the "tropical" lines that actually works for me. White petals asoar a light breeze scented by some tropical fruit... light breeze, not a B&B breakfast bowl -- here's the key for me!

It probably won't work in really hot weather, but over here.... ah well, I'll stop rubbing it in. I'm off to the valley, maybe it'll be warmer there!

Have a nice day, y'all!

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Alt-Innsbruck Cologne by Kosmetikerzeugung Reinhold Neuner (the last of my sample)

Yeah, I'm gonna need a bottle of this. This stuff is fantastic.

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mel_lou View Post
    And thanks for the welcome yesterday, guys! Friendliest internet forum ever, or what?
    You have wonderful powers of observation! And I compliment your good taste in choosing to join ever-so-fine us. [Snort]

Thought I'd compare real Chanel No. 5 parfum on my left arm against advertising insert No. 5 on my right arm, just for ha-ha's. Applied liquid to left arm, and … whoops, turns out the paper rubbing was of Eau Premiere (one of Lilybelle's faves, as attested by today's SotD). Strangely, the "dry rub" EP smells much better on my skin than the real juice did. Since nothing about my applications is making sense today, I took a shot of Bel Respiro to the chest, too. So, let's just say I smell Chanel-y now.

It's a purely gorgeous laundry-drying day in southeastern Wisconsin today. (Special note of appreciation for “Eau Claire” reference, Taolady.)
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Lauren by Lauren today. The marigold note feels nice on this humid june day.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Wearing Bandit parfum, might as well go for the strong stuff today. I need it. The dr put my daughter on bed rest until the 21st, so she's missing most of the end of school. The kids don't get out until the 28th here. Poor girl, she's just miserable & antibiotics wipe you out all by themselves.

Mimi, I really like FRESH Hesperides myself. Have you tried the soap & body lotion? It's a treat.

Blessings on all of my virtual friends.
    "Not my cup of mud."
    Oscar the Grouch

Daim Blond today!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone!

Hooray for sunny blue skies! I wish I had some laundry to dry...and a clothes line! For this glorious day I'm in the appropriately glorious La Perla edp, the fourth rosey-floral-chypre-from-the-80s in a row for me - my favorite genre, without a doubt. Chic, elegant and sophisticated, mossy green, lush and rosey...to my nose this has a lot in common with a few other favorite rose-centric chypres, namely the discontinued Donna Trussardi and Rose Cardin. Fotunately, La Perla is still available and quite affordable - I highly recommend it.

Top notes - lemon, bergamot, osmanthus, coriander, cardamom
    Middle notes - rose, jasmine, ylang-ylang, iris, honey, pepper
    Base notes - patchouli, vetiver, sandalwood, oakmoss, benzoin

Hey Wolfie and tdem - I'm so excited to find you talking about Cette nuit là! Fragonard added it to their site rather recently and I assumed it was brand new, especially since it's not in the BN directory. It sounds wonderful, but by now I expect everything from Fragonard to be wonderful. Almost every fragrance I've sampled has gone straight to my Wish List, and I haven't tested one that I really dislike. High quality and very affordable - I just love this house!

How's the construction coming along, cello?

Y'all have a beautiful day!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 16th June 2010 at 09:51 PM. Reason: pic problems

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    You have wonderful powers of observation! And I compliment your good taste in choosing to join ever-so-fine us. [Snort]

Thought I'd compare real Chanel No. 5 parfum on my left arm against advertising insert No. 5 on my right arm, just for ha-ha's. Applied liquid to left arm, and … whoops, turns out the paper rubbing was of Eau Premiere (one of Lilybelle's faves, as attested by today's SotD). Strangely, the "dry rub" EP smells much better on my skin than the real juice did. Since nothing about my applications is making sense today, I took a shot of Bel Respiro to the chest, too. So, let's just say I smell Chanel-y now.

It's a purely gorgeous laundry-drying day in southeastern Wisconsin today. (Special note of appreciation for “Eau Claire” reference, Taolady.)
    Quarry, I often use the dry rub method of sampling - while my husband gives me perplexed and pitying looks. He knows not to throw out the mailers before I've had a chance to investigate. Which reminds me, I was remembering the other day how much I used to enjoy those dry spray body powders that I never see anymore. Smelling "chanel-y" today sounds good, btw!

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, everyone! You all smell wonderful today.

mumsy, LOL -- Cabotine does smell a bit like a squashed dandelion!

I am scent twins with Cello in my sample of Daim Blond. That fruit-syrup opening is a tad much for me, but it is a nice rich tough-girl scent once it settles down.

Last edited by Thalia; 16th June 2010 at 03:51 PM.
    This scent is great, but ... MORE KITTENS!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool and overcast here in San Diego - I'm wearing Encens Flamboyant today.

Hi all. Great fragrance descriptions today! You have me craving crushed dandelions, marigolds, dark herbs, and other smelly wonders.

Extending a belated welcome to Mel_Lou!

I chose Sonoma Scent Studio's Velvet Rose today, and I'm loving its dewy magnificence!

Post Thanks / Like

Bond No. 9 - Chinatown

Post Thanks / Like

Givenchy Oblique Rewind over BBW Japanese Cherry Blossom lotion.

As I was leaving my house this morning, I could smell something great, then I realized it was the one rose bush I have in my yard. The sillage was amazing. At my parents house, my mom's white lilies fill the air. I love when great smelling flowers are blooming.

Post Thanks / Like

Joining Quarry in Chanel-y-ness today... the gorgeous beauty 31 Rue Cambon. Loooooove it.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Feminite du Bois.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Post Thanks / Like

Mumsy, squashed dandelion sounds great to me! I'm joining all the green-ness in PdN Le Temps d'une Fete.

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio
    Post Thanks / Like

In this cold evening of June, I wear Chanel n° 5
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Hi, everyone. Wearing Tauer's L'Air du Desert Marocain and feelin' sultry.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm back after a short vacation, and wearing a smidgeon of Barbara Bui. I seem to be in a perfume rut at the moment. Hopefully, it will pass soon. Take care, all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Months ago, SMM posted a review of AdP Magnolia Nobile in this SOTD thread. It's been posted at the fragrance's page, along with a similarly excellent, descriptive one by Off-Scenter (formerly Vibert?). Anyhow, SMM's review inspired me to try this fragrance.. and then keep trying it. The first time out was .. meh. But in the warm, humid summer months here, it is absolutely fabulous & definitely FBW.

SOTD: Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile

Post Thanks / Like

Balmain de Balmain

[John Frederick Lewis, In the Bey's Garden, 1865]

Montale Amande Orientales and Penhaligon's Lily & Spice for the softest orientalist dream of a lily.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of you are sporting some of my faves today- IVY, Ivoire, Balmain de Balmain, Roma, 24 Faubourg, Eau premiere, Jardin Sur le Nil- all of which I found because of Basenotes

Welcome to Mel_Lou

My SOTD is my new Guerlain Vetiver pour Elle
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

CHANEL
    ALLURE HOMME EDITION BLANCHE

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon!
    Still hanging out at the beach --
    reading trashy novels, and enjoying the cheap but never trashy Moschino by Moschino.

Post Thanks / Like

SotE is Real Patchouly by Bois 1920. It's soooo awesome I'm lusting after a full bottle.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Guerlain Vega from a sample.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Scent of the Evening

Post Thanks / Like

I spent the day in the too-beautiful-for-this-world Prada Oeillet. So, so gorgeous.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Sharing the Bond house with Coconut, but mine is Fire Island today.

Post Thanks / Like

Jo Malone cologne: Grapefruit

Comme des Garcon's Odeur 71
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

(((inees))) I hope you feel better soon

Quarry smells gorgeous in that Chanel-y combination.

Today I wore Sous le Vent. It made me happy all day.
    Evenstar

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all, or rather anyone still awake.

Today was a day for vintage Emeraude de Coty, one can truly see how this inspired other fragrances at its time.

Tonight I am wearing Snob by Le Galion, it is similar to Joy but much smoother around the edges. Very creamy and lush.

Hugs for all
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source