Code of Conduct

Default New frags from MPG and Amouage

Has anyone got the scoop for the (was it) 3 (?) new fragrances from Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier that have been announced for a while? I can't see any info on their website, although they are supposed to be out. Well, then, if they are as watered down and fleeting like their recent stuff, I will lose interest immediately...
    If I recall well, 3 "Opus" frags from Amouage to come (in the course of July?). I could quickly sniff the test stripes when I happened to be in my fave store... I memorised Opus 2 for being of interest (surprisingly the most "masculine" of the three) plus the one with mimosa in the note list. Has anyone got more profound info than I have?

Default Re: New frags from MPG and Amouage

Great to hear that MPG are back on track, after a period of doubt about their continued existence.

Very interested in any new releases from these 2 houses.
    Bois Du Turqiye & Jubilation XXV were both so close.

The only bit of info I found on Opus from Amouage was from a brief interview back in Jan 2010 by the looks, Translated it reads:

In 2010 we will be looking for a store in London to launch a fragrance and Increase our leather goods line. We are working on an exclusive range called the Library collection and those will be marked as Opus 1, Opus 2 and Opus 3 and not given names. These are very unusual and complex fragrances. These will be limited and will appeal to a highly sophisticated audience in the way Chanel's limited edition or Tom Ford's special blend does. The edition will be available only in the highest prestige outlet or in our stores. It will be 30 per cent above our current range. Our current range costs 60 rials for a 50ml fragrance and for a 100ml it goes upto 135 rials. The Library collection will be priced 30 per cent higher but for a 120-ml bottle.

Looks like they are going to be expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    The only bit of info I found on Opus from Amouage was from a brief interview back in Jan 2010 by the looks, Translated it reads:

In 2010 we will be looking for a store in London to launch a fragrance and Increase our leather goods line. We are working on an exclusive range called the Library collection and those will be marked as Opus 1, Opus 2 and Opus 3 and not given names. These are very unusual and complex fragrances. These will be limited and will appeal to a highly sophisticated audience in the way Chanel's limited edition or Tom Ford's special blend does. The edition will be available only in the highest prestige outlet or in our stores. It will be 30 per cent above our current range. Our current range costs 60 rials for a 50ml fragrance and for a 100ml it goes upto 135 rials. The Library collection will be priced 30 per cent higher but for a 120-ml bottle.

Looks like they are going to be expensive.
    Isn't it common practice to price the larger bottle at a slightly lower price ml/$ to entice buyers to get the bigger bottle? Why wouldn't someone just buy 2 50ml bottles in this case?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Opus II sounds amazing...

"Opus II is a floral oriental fragrance composition by perfumer Michele Saramito. After a start with hints of lavender, absinthe, pink pepper and bay leaf, a heart unfolds with exquisite flowers (jasmine and rose) and spice essences (cinnamon, cardamom). With cedarwood, patchouli, amber, musk and incense, Opus II finally fades away solemnly ..."
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I have not been a great fan of Amouage so far (in particular the burning incense note on my skin that is obviously considered 'masculine' at Amouage - have I mentioned how much I appreciate unisex concepts such as Serge Lutens ), but Opus II really smelled great (quick sniff from a test stripe). Fortunately, I will be able to just pop by in my fave store and get it sprayed on my wrist, once it is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Trufflehunter View Post
    Great to hear that MPG are back on track, after a period of doubt about their continued existence.
    +1, I would have been very sad to see it go. Now, please bring back the old Santal Noble!!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Unhappy Re: New frags from MPG and Amouage

The library colloection from Amouage looks like is not going to be availabled in the stores of North America. So sad!!

Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post

The library colloection from Amouage looks like is not going to be availabled in the stores of North America. So sad!!
    I just got an email for the preview night at Aedes...

Aedes sent me an email today offering a sneak peek at the Amouage Opus fragrances. So it looks like they will be offered in the US after all.

Beat me to it, tourist.

Banned

Opus I
    Parfumeur: Daniel Maurel
    Category: Chypre.
    Head: Bigarade, plum, cardamom
    Heart: Ylang-ylang, rose, jasmine, tuberose, lily of the valley
    Base: Papyrus, cedar wood, guaiac wood, incense, tonka bean, sandalwood, vetiver

Opus II
    Parfumeur: Michele Saramito
    Category: Floriental.
    Head: Lavender, Absinthe, pepper, pink bay
    Heart: Jasmine, rose, cinnamon, cardamom
    Base: Cedarwood, patchouli, amber, musk, incense

Opus III
    Parfumeur: Karine Vinchon-Spehn
    Category: Floriental.
    Head: Mimosa, broom, clove, nutmeg, thyme
    Heart: Violet, jasmine, ylang-ylang, orange blossom
    Base: Ambrette, musk, papyrus, cedar, sandalwood, guaiac wood, benzoin resin, vanilla

three virtuoso scents, a precious scented tribute to creativity and perfumer's virtuosity, inspired by the magical aura of a library, an universe of knowledge and experiences written down.
    275€ for 120ml. (should retail for north of $350 stateside)

Opus 1 and 2 look very interesting
    they better have samples ready
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Opus II sounds amazing...

"Opus II is a floral oriental fragrance composition by perfumer Michele Saramito. After a start with hints of lavender, absinthe, pink pepper and bay leaf, a heart unfolds with exquisite flowers (jasmine and rose) and spice essences (cinnamon, cardamom). With cedarwood, patchouli, amber, musk and incense, Opus II finally fades away solemnly ..."
    Take out the bay leaf (blech) and I'm sold! The price though....
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

You are so lucky in US. Anyone knows they will be in Canada too? Opus II sounds interesting.

Are samples of the new Amouage offerings available?

Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    You are so lucky in US. Anyone knows they will be in Canada too? Opus II sounds interesting.
    Andrew's at Hazelton Lanes in Toronto usually carries everything from Amouage's North American line-up, they even have Homage and Tribute.

Talking Re: New frags from MPG and Amouage

Thanks, Igor01

The perfume shoppe in Vancouver had just informed me that they will have the Library collection from Amouage in by Auguest. I can't wait to sniff the samples.

Now to MPG )
    3 new "eaux extravagantes" "for the summer season" and currently only available at their boutique in Paris and not yet worldwide.

A correction is in order here: Opus II is actually a fougère (two out of three of the collection being florientals seemed a bit weird).

http://www.nstperfume.com/2010/06/18...new-fragrances