Code of Conduct

Default Torn Between Love and Hate

Received a sample of Explorer from Boadicea the Victorious yesterday. I ordered it on the basis of its notes/description, rather than on reviews here (negative). It's a dirty resinous citrus drying down to cedar with resinous citric (as opposed to citrus) qualities. It is very dry and stark. Its as I imagine a full bodied JC Ellena creation would be like, quite bare in some aspects. I really do like the resinous, grim almost industrial aspect.

I love it (I think)but............................I think I prefer it as a general fragrance plus it gives me a sore throat. I do not think others nearby will appreciate the qualities of this stuff.

I'm so tempted to buy a full bottle and almost certainly will, but cannot imagine me wearing it in company.

Are there any scents that have a similar effect on other people?
    Last edited by dnc; 16th June 2010 at 08:09 PM.

Default Re: Torn Between Love and Hate

Boudicea sent me a few samples a couple of months ago and I Explorer was one of them. It certainly is different, not what I had in mind from reading the notes and I know what you mean about the sore throat. I ended up buying a bottle of Energizer.

Default Re: Torn Between Love and Hate

Sounds like you should forget about it and grab a bottle of Messe de Minuit instead !