Code of Conduct

Default You'd be suprised to hear what I think Gris Clair smell like!

I finally took the time to test the sample of Gris Clair that Teresa (of YouTube fame) sent me. I always
    like to take the time to figure out what other frag is my collection is the most similar. I have a rather
    large frame of reference to go by, but I needed only a minute or so to decide that Hummer or
    Hummer H2 would be the best one to compare it to. I don't really see much in the pyramids to
    back me up here, except maybe the insense note. Interesting to me also that Hummer frags get
    dissed, but this stuff is considered a gem. Maybe I'm off-base or missing something here, but I
    just get a feeling here.

Default Re: You'd be suprised to hear what I think Gris Clair smell like!

Maybe Hummer scents aren't the apex of conversational praise here, but I can't recall seeing them dissed, exactly.

I don't like Gris Clair myself, but that doesn't mean, by contrast, that I diss it or that my dislike of it is the same thing as dissing it.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Actually, I was looking at the basenote directory reviews to see how Hummer and H2 were described by some basenoters. For example:

- Eau de fart spray
    - bummer
    - simply horrible

Also, they ratio of positive/neutral/negative reviews was less accepting that the Gris Clair got. If it was me, I'd rather someone say that I smelled
    nice while wearing H2, that say, have someone ask me if I was wearing Hummer while wearing Gris Clair. Not sure if that would actually happen, but
    once 212 was mistaken for Tommy and Bulgari Aqua smelled like Cool Water. Not everyone has the same nose of elegance as an experienced basenoter.
    Last edited by BradW; 17th June 2010 at 10:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Hummer H2 is actually a rather complex fragrance that can be difficult to understand, a lot of people do diss it on here, but it's really not bad at all. It has a certain "manly" element to it that comes from the metallic notes.. reminds me of an old tool box really, but in a good way. Typically I can't stand metallic notes, but H2 is tolerable. The original Hummer I must try again soon, I recall smelling it back in like 2006 I think, and it had a decent peppery smell, but that was while at the mall, and on a test strip. Smelling fragrances at the mall plays games with your mind, and puts you in that "mall shopper" mindset; at which times, I wish I had a Basenoter with me to just tell me NO! Somebody should invent a pocket Basenoter that jumps out of your pocket when you're about to buy something you haven't tested on your skin, and slaps you with a bottle of Azzaro pH, lulz. Anyways though.. moving away from fantasy land, I'm not gonna jump to conclusions on the original Hummer yet, or let Basenoters reviews make up my mind for me, I will have to try it. But, countless times have I messed up and wished I would have found a way to test it on my skin first.

I heard someone say Gris Clair smelled hot. Hot, as in the smell of potpouri and incense burning. Once your nose gets past
    the citrus notes of H2, I believe some of the hotness starts to appear there as well. I think notes like myrhh and incense
    would give off that vibe, irregardless of whether it's a niche or a drugstore frag.