Code of Conduct

Default what makes Bvlgari pour homme unique?

Hey folks,

I think we all agree tha Bvlgari pour homme is a simple clean smell, but there is something about it that's so unique! Is it that it doesn't smell like anything on the market, or the fact that it is so subtle and inoffensive? Lately, I've been getting tons of compliments on it and can't even notice it on myself after a few minutes.

Nick

Default Re: what makes Bvlgari pour homme unique?

I only have a small sample that I haven't used yet. I will put it on tomorrow and check back. Bvlgari Extreme is one of my favorites and I wonder how similar they are. BLV is pretty sweet too.

I know what you mean. It doesn't seem like it would be so unique, but it definitely is.

I think it has to do with the fact that it's so woody, dry and austere, yet so refreshing. Scents in this category are generally very intimidating powerhouses. Bvlgari PH obviously is not, and I don't think it achieves this just because of low concentration of perfume oils: longevity is excellent, despite its reputation. I don't know how the perfumer pulled it off, but it is definitely an outstanding creation.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 17th June 2010 at 03:26 AM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

LiveJazz,

Do you think it's better than the extreme version?

What makes it so unique?

It contains warehouses full of white musk.

I think there is a nice tea note lurking in there somewhere that differentiates it from most other mainstream offerings.

Something about the tea note that is a dynamism stopper for me, no matter what frag I've tried. I guess the best of the bunch is Tommy Girl, actually, though I don't enjoy it much for that reason. I think there is a reason why the tea note is fairly new to perfumery. LOL.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 17th June 2010 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    LiveJazz,

Do you think it's better than the extreme version?
    I am not very familiar with the Extreme version...I'll have to re-sample it next time I'm at Sephora.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

White musk is not exactly my favorite note and can be intrusive in inappropriate doses but in Bulgari pH, it adds sparkle - the blending is simply masterful. One of Jacques Cavallier finest. I dare say it has a finer balance than the Extreme version. The compliments you've been getting are well deserved, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    White musk is not exactly my favorite note and can be intrusive in inappropriate doses but in Bulgari pH, it adds sparkle - the blending is simply masterful. One of Jacques Cavallier finest. I dare say it has a finer balance than the Extreme version.
    That's kind of what I was thinking re: white musk. I know its in there, but I don't really notice it that much. It seems to enhance the green/woody/pepperyness, rather than just sit by itself blasting white muskiness everywhere, like it does in Mugler Cologne.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 17th June 2010 at 06:45 PM.

I believe Bulgari pour Homme uses a variation of white musk that almost no other fragrance has used to date. It's not your typical type of white musk, if it is white musk at all... it doesn't have that powdery velvet feel that I associate with most types of white musk. In texture, it almost feels wet and streamlined, as opposed to dry and soft. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if [Bulgari/Jacques Cavallier/Whatever company they sourced the musk from] has a patent on it.

The only other fragrance I've smelled that uses a similar kind of musk is Silver Musk by Nasomatto. It's definitely the musk note that gives it that unique vibe. Kind of smells like clean semen! (No, seriously).
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 17th June 2010 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    What makes it so unique?

It contains warehouses full of white musk.
    Eh, I don't think that's what makes it so unique, certainly not if we include ALL fragrances and not just designer fragrances. I think it's the interpretation of tea. There aren't many scents which have such a sparkling, effervescent take on the note. I think that in a combination with the clean musks create something truly unique.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

As I said in another thread, Bvlgari and Gendarme are the two scents in my wardrobe that give me severe olfactory fatigue. I use to detect both scents for many hrs, and now I can't after 5 minutes. However, both get complimented MANY hours after i've sprayed it....