Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up S O T D Thrusday 17 June 2010

Good Morning everyone. Have all a fantastic day

Alienor Massenet and Pierre Wargnye

ANTIDOTE

VIKTOR & ROLF
    Last edited by ROBERTO; 17th June 2010 at 07:12 AM.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: S O T D Thrusday 17 June 2010

Hello Have a Wonderfull Thursday All

Oscar by Oscar De la Renta for me today...
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Morning all. I'm feeling very perky because a very good friend of mine has just got engaged to a lovely man.

I have some school things to do today (Small's very first public performance! I have charged up every camera in the house and emptied all the memory cards so I can capture every moment of my 5 year old jumping up and down on a stage.) So, since Im going to be rubbing shoulders with lots of other parents and probably in a confined space, it has got to be something quiet and polite. Usually I'd reach straight for my trusty Lovely, but there's a bottle on my desk that might be even better: Zara'a Lirio de Agua edt. This is simple, grassy and fresh, much in the mould of L'Eau par Kenzo. Perfect for a polite school event.

I hope you all hear good news today, too.
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Wordbird I am so pleased your friend has found "Mr. Right" and I know you
    will love seeing your child on the stage.

It is quite warm here today and I had a nice day planned visting a friend for
    lunch but the school I do supply work at rang to say they needed me to go in
    and teach this afternoon, so I could hardly refuse!

I shall wear Cinema because the young children seem to like its sweet vanilla and
    almond scent.

Good morning everyone. Today was suppose to be my oral examdate before I got ill....But it's also my sister's birthday,so will go visit her in her new studentflat later. I got her Deseo since she seemed to like it, and it's not out of my budget. My sotd is Crystal Noir.

Hello, I'm working at home today so it doesn't matter what I smell like. Another package in the post means it's Carven Vert et Blanc for one arm, and Al Rehan Tea rose on the other.... and see how it compares to the vintage rose from yesterday.

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

Tilleul D'Orsay
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Would love to hear how you get on with the Carven, mumsy!

I'm "dressed" in a modest-but-lovely smidge of vintage Pucci Vivara. A delightfully herby, slightly powdery, slightly sweet green. VERY pretty.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Today I think I'll wear C16, a beautiful clean musk. And that's it. No layering. It's just plain too hot for that.

It is Indiscreet's birthday today -- she is a UKer and used to post very often manifesting her love for the same fragrance as her nickname and vintages in general. Have a fabulous day, whatever you are doing and wherever you find yourself. Hope it is filled with friends and fragrances (what else SMM says? food, fun and faith?).

I am in Creed Love in White, a sweet scent for a steamy day.

Have a nice day all and keeping all people with aches and pains (Zib's foot, inees' eyes, RHM's daughter) in my thoughts.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Serge Lutens Fleurs de Citronnier.

Notes include lemon blossom, neroli, tuberose and musk.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Oh, you guys! I barely know you, but I'm so pleased with my new perfume I'm going to blather for a little while!

Earlier this month I was working on a very difficult project, and at the time I thought to myself, "When this is all over, you can buy a Christian Dior perfume." Because I am a Dior-whore. A Diwhore. Hee. So anyway, the project is over and yesterday I got paid (wheee!), so I rolled into town this morning on a Dior hunt. I wanted something citrus, because I don't have a good citrus perfume, and it's summer. I was thinking Diorella or Eau Fraiche, or maybe even Miss Dior Cherie L'eau (which I actually really love, it's so pretty and sits so close to my skin, and I think it will be my birthday present to myself in a couple of months). So I sampled all of those, and then I tried Escale a Portofino, which went on really gorgeous. But it died on me after ten minutes, which was quite sad.

And then I tried Escale a Pondichery.

Oh my god.

LOVE.

Tea and bergamot and jasmine and sandalwood and ALL GOOD THINGS EVER. It's lovely! This is my new Dior fragrance and my scent of the day! I'm really, really pleased! Even though it's not a citrus. And I don't usually like tea scents. But, oh my god, it's so good. I highly recommend it.

I hope you are all wearing beautiful perfumes today! xxx

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Acier Aluminum this morning.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Plus

Hi Mel_Lou and welcome to Basenotes! Congrats on your new purchase. You're among fellow blatherers when it comes to new perfume loves. It's what we're here for.

Happy birthday to Indiscreet, hope you're having a lovely day.

Ghost Deepest Night. It's so lovely -- sweet, rich and luscious, like a fragrant tropical dessert.

top notes: freesia, mango
    middle notes: honey, tiare flower
    base notes: sandalwood, vanilla

Best to those feeling poorly and a great day to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

(tee hee hee Mel_Lou...tell us how you RULLY feel about Escale a Pondichery!!)

Gotta say I can relate, though. Last night and this ayem in newly discovered Keiko Mecheri Mogador....roses to the max! Doesn't get that much love in the directory but what the hey! On me an almost equal to La Rose Jacquminot. And for me that's saying a lot!! MUST have.

Like I said before - this sample program is gonna cost me a bundle!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Thumbs up Re: S O T D Thrusday 17 June 2010

Quote Originally Posted by soirdelune View Post
    Would love to hear how you get on with the Carven, mumsy!

I'm "dressed" in a modest-but-lovely smidge of vintage Pucci Vivara. A delightfully herby, slightly powdery, slightly sweet green. VERY pretty.
    I love love the original Pucci's VIVARA . Congratulations....
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

I have a big smile on my face reading everybody's posts this morning. I'm wearing Versace edp by Versace. This one has really grown on me, especially in the hot weather we've been having. The drydown is lovely. Then I read Wordbird's SotD - Lovely, and I was thinking, "hmmm...that sounds nice..." although I was envisioning the Covet, bottle, so I might go with that later on because it's rather strange and might be interesting later in the evening. And then I read Mel_Lou's (welcome Mel_Lou!) post about how she's fallen in love with Pondicherry, and that sounds so nice, too! Dang, everybody just smells so good, and it's so inspiring! But I can't stay and daydream, I have lots to do this morning. Then I get to reward myself with a lecture at the library on Virginia birds.

Quote Originally Posted by TaoLady View Post
    (tee hee hee Mel_Lou...tell us how you RULLY feel about Escale a Pondichery!!)
    TaoLady, haha. Can't do that, I think it would break forum rules! My love for this perfume is truly indecent.

It doesn't bother me if fragrances don't get a lot of love in the directory, though. As you say, what the hey! We all like what we like. I love Alyssa Ashley Musk Oil, and I'm really fond of Body Shop perfume oils. They don't get a lot of love, though! Apart from the Patchouli oil, which I still cannot find anywhere, curses.

Quote Originally Posted by tdem1961 View Post
    Hi Mel_Lou and welcome to Basenotes! Congrats on your new purchase. You're among fellow blatherers when it comes to new perfume loves. It's what we're here for.
    Thank you! Your perfume sounds gorgeous, too. Freesia! Beautiful note for a perfume. And, god, I love mango, too. I'm very intrigued by that combination. And I'm a sucker for sandalwood/vanilla/amber drydowns. Ghost, you say? Intriguing!

Welcome Mel_Lou, and happy birthday Indiscreet, wherever you may be my dear!!!

Today my DD "graduates" from elementary school, and I am risking her wrath to take 2 minutes to post before I head out to the celebration!

Decided to lemming Petruccij from yesterday in Marc Jacobs Ivy Splash. Despite having no "ivy accord" in the notes, it does smell to me like green, slightly waxy ivy leaves! And other wonderful things, too.

Ivy splash:
    Top Notes of Nutmeg, Mandarin, Cardamom. Middle Notes of Candy Cane accord, Orris. Base Notes of Suede, Tonka, Vetiver, Sandalwood.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

cc attribution: *Maroon Michelle*

Yay, Thrusday!

Left the house scentless, hoping to make a quick dash around the shops before work. Better to be hung for an hour than a half hour, eh?

Installed myself in front of the Hermès display and ended up in Un Jardin Après Le Mousson. Despite a few moments of "Watermelon?? Chai tea??" confusion, I'm rather liking this.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Lots of happy posts today! Hi ComDiva – hope to see you soon!!!!!

What pure joy when you're wearing a scent that just sings on your skin. I mean most days, a loved fragrance smells great, and you enjoy it as always. But there are those special days when the same scent just wafts up from your skin in 'total perfection'...where every single note shines brilliantly on it's own and in complete harmony with the others....do you know what I mean?

I'm actually having one of those days with 31, rue Cambon. It's going back and forth between gorgeous iris and lemony-woodsy, chypre notes, and making me quite jubilant! Love this fragrance

I hope everyone has a beautiful Thursday!
    Last edited by pomander; 17th June 2010 at 01:07 PM.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

SoTD for another heavy-meeting day is Turbulences vintage PDT... The sweetie's in town so it's workday-only for scent...

Am just checking in as I'll be out of touch for the most part through the weekend, with work and the garden and the "honey-do's" I'm "supervising" for my sweetie. <big grin>
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

In answer to the Carven....Vert et Blanc. I struggle with the very beginning on this one. I had a vintage bottle before and this strong, sharp, sweet and dry at the same time, urinous, slightly stale note blasts over at first. The first time I had tried it, I had assumed that note to be due to it's great age as it was a dark amount left in an ancient bottle, but this new (1958?) little mini bottle is a much paler liquid, and comes over the same way, so now I'm not so sure. It is delightful after that, very creamy and dark green with a strong base rooting the planty aspect behind it like damp earth. I cannot make it out, not being familiar with a civet note. I would imagine it is something like that. It's a very hard one to suss, and I'm not that experienced in note detection. I tend to love old fashioned green Chypres and this is certainly one of them.

Has anyone else got it and fancies trying it at the same time?

Neil Morris's Gandhara for me today.

Hello everyone!

It's the fifth consecutive day of rose-chypres for me, this time it's the tragically discontinued Donna Trussardi from 1994 (created by Jean Guichard, the nose responsible for Cacharel's Eden and LouLou, as well as CK Obsession for Women and Cartier's So Pretty, among others.) I went through a big bottle of this in the '90s and never replaced it, although I've kept a mini around so I'd always "have" it, but I think I need to begin a new hunt. It's very similar to some other favorites (Rose Cardin, La Perla and Parfum Prive, 1000 de Patou) but Donna Trussardi has a bit more rose and less moss and patchouli than some of the more chypre-y of those...it's really more of a leathery rose, but I feel the base enough to call it a chypre. It's lush and spicy, and the rose is very assertive and robust. Just gorgeous from start to finish. But the thing that really grabs me is the wonderful dose of Mom's Sunday Purse, complete with gleaming hardware. Want.

Top notes - aldehydes, bergamot, mandarin, hyacinth, ginger, coriander
    Middle notes - ylang-ylang, rose, orris, tuberose, carnation, jasmine
    Base notes - patchouli, cedar, labdanum, moss, cedar, benzoin

Congratulations to Wordbird and ComDiva - please extend the "Well-dones" to the performer/graduate!

Also, a belated welcome to mel_lou - you're among friends here so blather away!

Y'all have a fantastic day!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 17th June 2010 at 03:02 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Have a great Thursday everyone and it's great to hear from Wordbird - I hope Small has a great performance.
    Birthday wishes to Indiscreet too !
    Congratulations to ComDiva !

Fresh Hesperides again for me ,this morning .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 17th June 2010 at 01:56 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

TaoLady, I forgot to mention how gorgeous you smell!! I'm a bit envious, as I've had Mogador on my WishList for ages, and I've gone through two large decants. They're empty now and I haven't sniffed it in months, but oh, the memory....it almost hurts. Damascena is another nice rosey-posey from Keiko, but Mogador is To Die For! Ignore the directory - you smell divine!

eta - Actually, I just checked and the reviews aren't bad, there just aren't very many of them. All of Keiko Mecheri's fragrances seemed to be well-liked by those who try them (I love them!) but that audience seems small to me....or just not very vocal. I've been enjoying all of your reviews, and I agree with your eloquent praise. Definitely an under-appreciated house.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 17th June 2010 at 02:51 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Antaeus Sport by Chanel (from a sample - thanks AromiErotici)

One of the best sport fragrances out there. The 80's powerhouse vibe is toned down quite nicely, by a gentle refreshing accord. Delightful!

Today's thread is full of cheer and joy! I love it!

I'm planning a super-productive day at work. My liberal spritzing of L'Eau de Jatamansi should offer support. Right now, I'm just groovin' on the cardamom. :-)

Blog Entries

Strange Invisible Perfumes -Trapeze

Nearly retro, this mysterious blend combines the unlikely bedfellows;
    tuberose & carnation with vetiver & spearmint.
    Dense, sweet but gutsy and fresh, this scent has the
    chutzpa required for such derring do.
    Last edited by kumquat; 17th June 2010 at 03:20 PM.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Happy "Thrus" day to all! We all seem to be downright thrusting vivacious.

Wordbird: We expect a full report on Small's performance as only you can tell it.
    Indiscreet: We're ready to light the candles and pop a cork. Are you about?
    Mel_lou: I think I can speak for many in saying I got a vicarious thrill from your tale. Except now it's driving me nuts why I can't find my Lilybelle sample of Portofino. (It's time to reorganize the sample drawer again.) You've got me very excited about Pondichery, which is on my very short list (countable by fingers and toes) of scents I must try in Boston.
    Lilybelle: If I could teletransport, I would sit next to you at the library today.
    Quote Originally Posted by pomander View Post
    What pure joy when you're wearing a scent that just sings on your skin. I mean most days, a loved fragrance smells great, and you enjoy it as always. But there are those special days when the same scent just wafts up from your skin in 'total perfection'...where every single note shines brilliantly on it's own and in complete harmony with the others....do you know what I mean?
    Pomander: You spoke for everyone's hearts!

I have this thing today … wait, let me look up the spelling as I'm not terribly familiar with the word … it's spelled l-e-i-s-u-r-e. That's right! Spare time, a loose schedule, R&R, downtime. And DH and the dog are at the rental property today, so I even get extra privacy. Will soon take a l-e-i-s-u-r-e-l-y shower and choose SotD.

Smelly story: My dear Aunt Rita and other relatives visited here on Sunday. We took a lap around the outside of the house, and I pointed out that the elderberry shrubs are blooming (knowing that my Grandma used to make a kind of fritter with them by dipping them in batter and frying them). Now I don't ever remember my Aunt Rita losing it emotionally before, but when she smelled those flowers, she put her hand to her chest and her voice cracked as she staggered back and gasped, “Mother …” My 77-year-old aunt hadn't smelled those blossoms in probably over 50 years. It was awesome to witness the impact of this scent.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Everyone's in a great mood today! Love it! I'm in Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere from my brand new bottle. This is coming to New Orleans with me - I'm visiting this weekend for the first time. Can't wait!!

mel-lou, you make Pondicherry sound HEAVENLY! And Tao-Lady, Mogador was one of my favorites from the Mecheri samples ... it has so much more presence and gravity than some of her scents, it's just beautiful.

I'm in 1990 Vent Vert today. Fresh, brisk, and sweetly green. I don't know what the original smelled like, but I do love this version of it so much -- it's everything I want a green perfume to be.

Last edited by Thalia; 17th June 2010 at 04:09 PM.
    This scent is great, but ... MORE KITTENS!

Diamonds & Sapphires

Quote Originally Posted by Thalia View Post

I'm in 1990 Vent Vert today. Fresh, brisk, and sweetly green. I don't know what the original smelled like, but I do love this version of it so much -- it's everything I want a green perfume to be.

My dear Thalia ,i am so in love with vent vert ,my favorite green fresh scent along with chanel 19 toilette
    This afternoon i applied VANDERBILT
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Wearing Jo Malone Blue Agava and Cacao. The day is quite young and I've already been complimented on this fragrance three times. I must admit, it is one of my favs and always has been.

BTW -- Sophi, if Oscar really smells as pretty as your picture looks, I need to get some!
    This scent is great, but ... MORE KITTENS!

Sophi - That photo is exquisite.
    Mel_Lou - A thousand welcomes.
    ComDiva - We just graduated another one from HS. Are we getting old? When might you next be down my way?

Jicky today. Woke up, couldn't read my watch, saw Bill Geist on the tube & thought it was 0610. Yikes!!!
    Turns out he now has his own lead-in show to Joe Scarborough & I was an hour early. Phoo.
    Working on old report requests & starting to plan for an FBI audit next month,.
    I'd rather be outside watching the clouds reflected in the building across the street.
    Jicky? She be wonderful for this kind of day.
    ************************************************** ****************************
    I truly believe that with a cape & the right tiara I could save the world.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Scent of the Evening
    COCO MADEMOISELLE
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 17th June 2010 at 05:10 PM.

Blog Entries

Mumsy, I have this & find it deeper than Ma Griffe. I think there must be more aldehydes in MaGriffe. I get much more oak moss and vetiver in this one. I definitely prefer it to MaGriffe. MaGriffe is beautiful and showcases gardenia, but this is the queen of the two, IMO. It is just drop-dead sexy with that deep dark clary sage to anchor it. I think your lighter liquid is certainly the higher quality scent & with a lengthy dri-down the oak moss should kick in to mellow it. This is a winner of a chypre from 1946. a real gem. Congratulations on your find!
    Carven Vert et Blanc features notes of gardenia, galbanum, aldehydes, clary sage, jasmine, ylang-ylang, sandal, vetiver, styrax, cinnamon, benzoin, labdanum.
    Last edited by kumquat; 17th June 2010 at 05:20 PM.

Wearing Ava Luxe's Turkish Vanilla today. It is indistinguishable from POTL on me - yay for less expensive smell-alikes!

What an exuberant and fragrant bunch you are today! Welcome, mel_lou! Congrats to Wordbird and ComDiva!

My Ava Luxe order arrived yesterday so I am officially out of my perfume rut, at least for the next little while. I am wearing Moroccan Mint Tea today, which I have never tried before, and fairly hyperventilating from repeated sniffings of my wrists. Have a wonderful Thrusday, and -- take care, all.

Escale a Portofino today. (I love this more and more - though not quite as much as Mel Lou loves the Escale a Pondichery it seems ).

((((Wordbird)))) that's nice news, and good luck to Small.

SotA is Origins Ginger Essence. I'm surprised by how much I like that ginger note!

Blog Entries

Welcome mel lou! I don't normally care for tea scents either, but you've inspired me to put Pondicherry on my test list!

Congrats also to everyone with graduating little ones. I'm still waiting for my LO to graduate to the outside world!

Boxes are arriving daily-- stroller, carseat... It's like Joe's getting a birthday party before he's even born. I'm off to play with his new toys in Gucci Envy. Have a wonderful Thursday!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Blog Entries

I've been wearing a sample of Tocca Bianca today. It's pleasant enough but not compelling, not enough for a FB.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 17th June 2010 at 08:24 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    .....Smelly story: My dear Aunt Rita and other relatives visited here on Sunday. We took a lap around the outside of the house, and I pointed out that the elderberry shrubs are blooming (knowing that my Grandma used to make a kind of fritter with them by dipping them in batter and frying them). Now I don't ever remember my Aunt Rita losing it emotionally before, but when she smelled those flowers, she put her hand to her chest and her voice cracked as she staggered back and gasped, “Mother …” My 77-year-old aunt hadn't smelled those blossoms in probably over 50 years. It was awesome to witness the impact of this scent.
    Oh wow! What a wonderful story, Joy. Many thanks for this shared moment!!

And Evangeline...and Thalia? Buoyed by your support I'm going for Damascena c'est soir. If I don't first succumb to a wild search for that frag being touted by Kumquat...chutzpa gets my vote every time!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Dabbing Creed Aubepine Acacia on one hand and i Coloniali Yuzu Water on the other.
    Refreshing!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Institution

Aubepine Acacia is so lovely Quarry !

This afternoon I'm in Joy . here's lookin' at you Q !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

bleu autumn haze

Home early from work today ... several of my doctors are on vacation, so it's been a little slow. I'm wearing Cuir de Lancome today.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Yohji Homme tonight.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Blog Entries

Shaal Nur.

Great story, Quarry--the importance of scent in our lives never ceases to fill me with wonder.

I happen to reek...of Dior Homme. I think that is ok.

You reek lovely Asha - that is one of my faves
    Wore Gabriela Sabatini today, and I don't know what my SotE will be yet

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Hello everyone!

It's the fifth consecutive day of rose-chypres for me, this time it's the tragically discontinued Donna Trussardi from 1994 (created by Jean Guichard, the nose responsible for Cacharel's Eden and LouLou, as well as CK Obsession for Women and Cartier's So Pretty, among others.) I went through a big bottle of this in the '90s and never replaced it, although I've kept a mini around so I'd always "have" it, but I think I need to begin a new hunt. It's very similar to some other favorites (Rose Cardin, La Perla and Parfum Prive, 1000 de Patou) but Donna Trussardi has a bit more rose and less moss and patchouli than some of the more chypre-y of those...it's really more of a leathery rose, but I feel the base enough to call it a chypre. It's lush and spicy, and the rose is very assertive and robust. Just gorgeous from start to finish. But the thing that really grabs me is the wonderful dose of Mom's Sunday Purse, complete with gleaming hardware. Want.

Top notes - aldehydes, bergamot, mandarin, hyacinth, ginger, coriander
    Middle notes - ylang-ylang, rose, orris, tuberose, carnation, jasmine
    Base notes - patchouli, cedar, labdanum, moss, cedar, benzoin

So glad to see another Donna lover. A GREAT chypre! It can be found at a premium on ebay, but I think it's totally worth it.
    Last edited by Hillaire; 17th June 2010 at 10:51 PM.

Hillaire

I am wearing my newly-acquired Sabi this afternoon.

And I moreover hereby declare it:

The most regal, ethereal perfume of all time!

Last edited by Hillaire; 17th June 2010 at 10:56 PM.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I ain't going to argue with you, Hillaire. Sabi is a real wowser.

Spent the day in Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau, tonight is Lolita Lempicka Coral Flower.

Reine
    Last edited by reine; 18th June 2010 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    I am wearing my newly-acquired Sabi this afternoon.

And I moreover hereby declare it:

The most regal, ethereal perfume of all time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    I ain't going to argue with you, Hillaire. Sabi is a real wowser.
    No argument from here, either. Congrats on a great purchase!
    Quarry, I love the elderberry blossom story!