Code of Conduct

Question Favorite BBW scents

I'm intrigued with Bath and Body Works because the chain seems to get a lot of love on this forum, and the price is right (to do some serious damage on my wallet!). I've never really explored their fragrances. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Default Re: Favorite BBW scents

god, I read it as "favorite fat women scents"
    phew.

Sur la Plage

I like their Sensual Amber fragrance.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sarıpatates View Post
    phew.
    me too.

bbw=big beautiful women

bath and body works... ok!
    "Diego: Why did you do that? you could've died trying to rescue me.
    Manfred: That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. " (Ice Age)

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

The only one I wear (and not often) is Black Raspberry Vanilla in the older, silk version of body spray (the EdT has too much vanilla for my taste.)

I have had a number of these fragrances over the years, but have been giving them away as I don't find myself wearing them. But I do like their scented shampoos and hand sanitizers.

I couldn't live without their scented shower gels and antibacterial hand soaps...here are the ones I repurchase regularly:

Shower gels -

Clover (green and fresh)
    Sensual Amber
    Vanilla Noir
    Gardenia
    Nightblooming Jasmine
    Ylang Ylang & Myrrh
    Lavender & Vanilla

Hand soaps -

Cool Citrus Basil
    Kitchen Lemon
    Orange Sapphire
    Kitchen Spice

I used to love a couple of their discontinueds, original Freesia and Magnolia Blossom. Not much of what they've released in the last few years has spoken to me, but it is fun to go in and check out what's new.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Like my two girlfriends above, I'm more into B&BW scented soap products. Kitchen Lemon for hand soap and Coconut, Lime, Verbena for shampoo are my current favorites. I never developed a fondness for any of their spray scents.

(Update: The very funny Sunnyfunny sneaked in just ahead of my post. She's a girlfriend, too!)
    Last edited by Quarry; 17th June 2010 at 02:32 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Like my two girlfriends above, I'm more into B&BW scented soap products. Kitchen Lemon for hand soap and Coconut, Lime, Verbena for shampoo are my current favorites. I never developed a fondness for any of their spray scents.

(Update: The very funny Sunnyfunny sneaked in just ahead of my post. She's a girlfriend, too!)
    Ahww! CLV is nice, I almost forgot about that one. I have a samp of the spray from Tao that I'm waiting on a properly balmy day to try. I do enjoy the lotion.

I bet you COULD do a list of voluptuous, plush fragrances that would suit a voluptuous, plush woman ...

My problem with BBW is that the store itself reeks so bad of Skittlesesque sugary fake frootiness that I can't go in to try individual fragrances! I like their "spa" footcare line, though -- I think it's called True Blue?

I'm curious about Coconut Lime Verbena and White Citrus after reading comments online.
    This scent is great, but ... MORE KITTENS!

I really like their White Citrus antibx soap and body lotion. Not too orange-y or grapefruit-y, just a nice citrus scent. I've never tried their fragrances, though.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

I am very much in love with Vanilla Noir - it is absolutely perfect during our cold Ohio winters. I also like:

- Warm Vanilla Sugar (great vanilla for layering under perfumes & comforting to boot)
    - Black Amethyst (a well-constructed, surprisingly complex scent for the price)
    - Japanese Cherry Blossom (although *so* many people wear this, I've grown a little tired of it)
    - Rainkissed Leaves (really nice and fresh)
    - Sensual Amber (very different from other ambers I've tried, sweet and fruity)
    - Velvet Tuberose (ridiculously rich and pretty)
    - Sweet Pea (really sweet & strong)
    - Black Currant Vanilla (from the Aromatherapy line - so gorgeous & sexy!)

Like Thalia, I can't stay long in BBW store -- nothing smells good enough to continue the first fruity-stuffy impression. However, last year another BNer introduced me to a 50ml bottle of their discontinued Java Bloom EdP and I have finished the whole bottle already -- simple yet very cozy scent with coffee, flowers, patchouli, woods and vanilla.

Everybody at work raves about Japanese Cherry Blossom.

A couple of years ago they had a line called Tutti Dolci -- I think -- with gourmand scents packaged in red boxes, also nothing special but at least they were just sweet, not stuffy. I remember I liked two or three of them while sniffing at the store but that first impression has never materialized into a FB purchase.

Thanks all for the recommendations! I, too, have been put off by the smell of the store, and have rarely ventured in. I LOVE scented body products, and maybe that's where it's at for B&BW products for me. (Love the Big Beautiful Women take on BBW! Awesome )

Hillaire

phew.
    I thought this, too. LOL!! I thought, 'First exoticism, now blatant fetishism... infiltrating out little Female Fragrance Forum!' I was shocked!!

Well now I know what else BBW means! I always thought it meant Bath & Body Works. I love their fruity scented shower gels - peach, lime, all of them. And I've been enjoying the Pink Grapefruit body spray this week as well. It's very sweet like a syrupy citrus fruit drink, not a tart clean grapefruit. I also liked their Brown Sugar & Fig a while back. And the peppermint hand soap. I get tired of their scents pretty quickly, though.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 18th June 2010 at 12:29 AM.

For summer - CLV....(agree with Tanya that it almost beats Virgin Island Water - but the latter has better longevity and more coconut. On me.) LUVLUVLUV Brown Sugar and Figs anytime I want to feel comfy... Wordie and I are both gaga over her.
    Last edited by TaoLady; 18th June 2010 at 12:40 AM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

None.

Reine

White Tea and Ginger

I have never owned a fragrance from BBW, but I like some of the shower gels, the very old Juniper Breeze is my all-time favorite. I also liked Sensual Amber and right now the Coconut-Verbena is in my shower.
    Evenstar

Banned

Generally I use them as air fresheners, because they lack longevity. Too bad, because their Velvet Tuberose is so good.

I bought a Lemon Pomegranate Body Splash from B&BW's C.O.Bigelow line for my mother who is in the hospital. All of the nursing staff loved it and wanted to know where to get it! I thought it was lovely--very lemony and bright, with just a hint of sweetness. Was tempted to keep it for myself. It would be nice to spray on after a day at the beach, for instance. Here's a link: http://tinyurl.com/393tktn
    I like Warm Vanilla Sugar too.

I just went to the website, and since many of the items mentioned above are on sale, it's tempting to do a bunch of blind buying. Still, I think I'll venture into one of those overpowering stores, so I can try before I buy!

I've not tried many of the BBW scents as we don't have that chain in Australia - however I've blind bought two of their scents which I both like.

Velvet Tuberose - certainly not the best tuberose scent I've encountered but it's a nice, sheer scent which is great for warm days where my other white florals would knock me out. It's got minimal staying power but works better over the matching body lotion which is quite pretty smelling.

Sensual Amber - a great warm scent which is comforting and sexy in a cosy kind of way. It's a great winter scent and has decent staying power on me; I think this one is a good product considering the price point.
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

summer means fireflys

I only have one EDP from B&BW and that was a gift actually. I do use the body sprays a lot. I prefer using a body spray at night before bed. I have (or have had):
    Cherry Blossom
    Coco Cabana
    Coconut Lime Verbena
    Mango Mandarin
    Pink Grapefruit
    Sea Island Cotton
    Strawberry Lemonade
    Warm Vanilla Sugar
    White Tea and Ginger

I use the antibacterial foaming hand soaps also. I use all different scents of those, depending on the time of year.

phew.
    Quote Originally Posted by w3pearl View Post
    me too.

bbw=big beautiful women

bath and body works... ok!
    Me too!

Blog Entries

I have a bottle of Sensual Amber and accompanying body lotions and shower. I don't even layer, because the EDT is strong by itself. I like it, not love it.

Got smaller bottles of "fragrance mist" (stays on me pretty well!) of Japanese Cherry Blossom and Warm Sugar Vanilla. If you want to try them without coming to the store, we can exchange samples!

Blog Entries

Bumpity bump. I don't really use their body products but I love their soaps and anti-bac products. I got some hand soap in Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin and HOLY LORD it's wonderful! I want to get some shower gel to layer with, but unfortunately they didn't have it in stock. I'm hoping it's just a seasonal thing and they'll get some in soon. If not, it's available on their website. I've been washing my hands and forearms a lot just to smell this stuff!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Basenotes Plus

I love their antibacterial hand soap, we use it all the time, think I've tried every scent they have. Their body creams are also very good, also have tried most of them. Love Sensual Amber and of course Plumeria, 2 of my favorites. I have 2 edt's from them, Twilight Woods and P.S. I Love You Spring Fling, they are both nice, don't find that I use them all that often. I like their new scent, Dark Kiss, it's black raspberry, mirabelle plum, amber, dark vanilla bean and sensual balsam, it smells really good.

Blog Entries

Japanese Cherry Blossom
    Cherry Blossom
    Juniper Breeze

I love their antibacterial soaps as well. I have Coconut Lime Verbena soap in my guest bathroom, and nearly everyone who uses it raves about the great smell. I am a big fan of the Kitchen Spice and Kitchen Lemon soaps and hope they never discontinue them. Which leads me to a bit of a gripe about BBW in general. It seems like there is such a focus on having this huge line of varied scents, with the new ones always coming, one behind another. However, some of their really great items have been discontinued and I don't get it. Their Sandalwood and Rose is one of my all time favorites evah! I love the body spray, which is impossible to find now. Whyyyy?? I liked their Breathe line..the one in the pink bottle was lovely. I, too, am a fan of the old favorite Juniper Breeze. Of the more recent releases, I own few. I like Vanilla Noir in the winter, but just didn't fall in love with Twilight Woods. I smell that one on many women around here, so I know that it is very popular.

Blog Entries

Oh gosh I LOOOOVED Sandalwood & Rose! I forgot all about that one. It was great. I'm also a Juniper Breeze fan & was able to pick up a bottle of lotion during one of their sales recently. Also, for my birthday my soon-to-be SIL got me gift packs in Sun Ripened Raspberries & Flowering Herbs. One of my all-time favorites was Orange Blossom. I don't think that was around for very long but I'm still hoarding a bottle of lotion & a bottle of shave gel. Also, going back in the wayback machine, I remember a scent called Happy Daisy that smelled just like Sunflowers perfume, which was popular around the same time. Another one of my seasonal favorites was a watermelon scented one.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I have a honeysukle FB and my family got a christmas basket with midnight pomegranate anti-bac hand soap we've loved it and are virtually out .A lady in my choir uses the seasonally released vanilla noel lotion and it smells so great I intend to get some when the holiday shipment comes in .(I can get a heads up -the manager of my store shares an apartment with a girl who works a second job at B&BW.)

Bumpity bump. I don't really use their body products but I love their soaps and anti-bac products. I got some hand soap in Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin and HOLY LORD it's wonderful! I want to get some shower gel to layer with, but unfortunately they didn't have it in stock. I'm hoping it's just a seasonal thing and they'll get some in soon. If not, it's available on their website. I've been washing my hands and forearms a lot just to smell this stuff!
    I have a bottle of the lotion (partially used, 85% full) that I would be happy to swap or give you. I was given it as a gift, but it's not one of my favorites.

My favorites are Brown Sugar & Fig, Twilight Woods,Sweet Pea, Cherry Blossom (original not Japanese), and Seaspray. They used to have a line called Simplicity that had the best fig lotion I have found. Of course they discontinued it. Also you can find some of their discontinued scents online in their classics collection.
    Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Thanks for asking. I adore Warm Vanilla Sugar.