Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Diptyque Eau Duelle

From nstperfume.com:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diptyque will launch Eau Duelle, a new unisex fragrance and a ‘unique interpretation of vanilla’, this September.

Eau Deulle was developed by perfumer Fabrice Pellegrin, and follows vanilla on its journey along the Spice Route. Additional notes include cardamom, elemi, juniper, saffron, calamus, black tea and amber.

Diptyque Eau Duelle will be available in 50 and 100 ml, concentration unknown, and in solid perfume.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrance: Diptyque Eau Duelle

Sounds potentially interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Notes sound intrigueing.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Basenotes Institution

Sounds very Tea for Two, if you ask me. The saffron in the list of notes scares me.

I smelled it - it is a musky, slightly animalic vanilla decorated with various other notes but definitely dominated by the vanilla. I liked it a lot and would definitely recommend a try.
    It smells really quite similar to Creed's Sublime Vanille - to the extent that I wondered if the same perfumer did it. No difference in quality in my opinion and about 1/10th the price.

mike - the tea is quite a subtle background smoky note

Its an EDT
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 17th June 2010 at 09:38 PM.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I like the idea of having the vanilla complete with cool spices and some greens (as per the article on the front page).

Could this be another Eau Lente for me? Love that stuff.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 17th June 2010 at 09:53 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

After the disappointment that was Vetyverio, hope this will be more solid...

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    I smelled it - it is a musky, slightly animalic vanilla decorated with various other notes but definitely dominated by the vanilla. I liked it a lot and would definitely recommend a try.
    It smells really quite similar to Creed's Sublime Vanille - to the extent that I wondered if the same perfumer did it. No difference in quality in my opinion and about 1/10th the price.

mike - the tea is quite a subtle background smoky note

Its an EDT
    Thanks hirch. Would you compare it at all to Havana Vanille by L' Artisan?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Thanks hirch. Would you compare it at all to Havana Vanille by L' Artisan?
    Can't help there Mike - never smelt it!
    Gave this a wearing tonight and have to say strength and longevity are superb - behaves like an EDP in my opinion. It also has an excellent biscuit note.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

reviews

It also reminds me a little of L'Instant because of the fresh/vanillic contrast idea

reviews

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Hmmm...intriguing. I have yet to sample Creed Sublime Vanille. Hirch, how would you describe the vanilla itself? More on the resinuous & smoky side or warm and creamy? And with the tea and biscuit notes, is the style noticeably 'gourmand'?

I've always found Diptyque fragrances favorably 'potent'.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 26th June 2010 at 02:40 PM.

Basenotes Institution

hirch - is it as radiant and 'bright' as L' Instant (I'm assuming you're talking about L' Instant Pour Homme)?

Basenotes Institution

Anyone else smell this? I can't wait to smell it.

I tried it a few days ago. Its got a little too much Vanilla in it. But not in the bad way. In the really good way but I prefer less vanilla essence. The boutique had all the ingredients laid out on a table. I got to smell each ingredient like juniper berries, white vanilla, black vanilla, saffron, tea, pink pepper. This is all that comes to mind. The good thing is that I think the Vanilla is a top note as it quickly evaporates.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptedSanity View Post
    I tried it a few days ago. Its got a little too much Vanilla in it. But not in the bad way. In the really good way but I prefer less vanilla essence. The boutique had all the ingredients laid out on a table. I got to smell each ingredient like juniper berries, white vanilla, black vanilla, saffron, tea, pink pepper. This is all that comes to mind. The good thing is that I think the Vanilla is a top note as it quickly evaporates.
    Oh how neat - I wish there was a Diptyque boutique in Miami, I love it when fragrance companies give you a little 'how to' olfactory tools when they market their scents. I know that most fragrances are primarily aromachemicals, but still this type of stuff at fragrance counters really gets my inner-fragrance-geek all excited. Jo Malone does this ever so often too.

I just got a sample of Eau Duelle, so I imagine I will post my thoughts about this as soon as I have the opportunity to test it.

I can't wait to hear your impressions Mike. The notes in this one are very appealing, vanilla, juniper and amber - nice combo.

Received my bottle about two weeks ago from Diptyque. They included a tin of solid perfume of the same scent. A wonderful
    vanilla prominent scent IMO. I like it a lot.

I did NOT like it. Not necessarily for any reason other than personal preference though. It's true what some people have mentioned about it, that's it's a green fragrance at heart. But because of this I find the addition of a very prominent, true vanilla accord to be odd and not to my liking. Too dissonant.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I've heard from a friend, that this is a fantastic vanilla scent.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

I would say its a warm smokey tea vanilla , I love it

Basenotes Institution

Wore it today, from a sample.

I must agree with hirch's references to Creed's Sublime Vanille, they are very similar. I smelled almost no tea, but then again I can be sort of anosmic to this note. It smells salty, sweet and just green enough to balance it all out. I found the longevity above average.

The biscuit note is almost buried underneath the vanilla, but it's there ever so subtly. I am reminded of breaking apart those vanilla sandwich cookies (with the white cream center) with my teeth and licking the insides right before I bite into the hard cookie exterior. Nonetheless I don't want to paint the picture that this is a gourmand, because to me it isn't. It's not as 'comfy' as many of my vanilla prominent fragrances (like my Guerlains) - it has a crispness to it that gives it a polished and exacting sort of texture. It is this facet, that IMO makes it entirely unisex.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    It's not as 'comfy' as many of my vanilla prominent fragrances (like my Guerlains) - it has a crispness to it that gives it a polished and exacting sort of texture. It is this facet, that IMO makes it entirely unisex.
    I like this description, a vanilla that is polished and exacting sounds very intriguing to me - you make it sound like it may be a bit sharp? Vanilla fascinates me, it can go in so many different directions. Unfortunately, yesterday I developed a full blown head cold that has shut down my olfactory system. As soon as the nose is back in business, I'm heading over to the Bleecker Street Diptyque shop.

Well, I will pass on this considering that it is a vanilla prominent fragrance although if I every get a chance to sample it, I will for posterity sakes.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    I like this description, a vanilla that is polished and exacting sounds very intriguing to me - you make it sound like it may be a bit sharp?..
    Well not sharp, which makes me think of aldehydes (or 'synthetic' smelling accords)...Eau Duelle is nothing like this. Nonetheless, it smells very modern and the greenness of the scent manages to freshen the vanilla accord so that it's a crisp (for lack of a better word) sort of vanilla. This is worlds away from the vanilla pods and syrupy extracts of Spiriteuse Double Vanille and Tobacco Vanille - no booze at all. The spices are subtle too - goodness knows I have a saffron sensitivity and I don't get this at all from ED. I actually expected it to be more spicy, seeing as Diptyque is just known for their over-the-top spiciness and that's part of the reason why I like the house. But ED is definitely a 'new' sort of scent for Diptyque. Not very French, if you know what I mean. And that's a good thing.

Sur la Plage

Quite a light, boring vanilla fragrance. Pass.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

'Crisp' is a pretty apt description. The vanilla here is not quite as sweet as SDV's, tempered as it is by the tinge of spices. I admit Eau Duelle may be a little subtle for some but that's precisely why I LIKE it. Other than the green nuances typical of Diptyques its transparent feel is more reminiscent of a L'Artisan. Definitely a departure from the likes of Eau Lente and imo more wearable.