Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Creed Windsor to return as a part of the regular line up!!

I was at Saks a few days ago and the SA mentioned to me that, coincidentally, she was on a conference call with Creed that same day. She told me that on that call they were told that Creed has decided to introduce Windsor as a part of the regular line up with the regular bottle sizes. She said she was told that the prices will be consistent with the existing prices for millisimes in the regular line up, and that the flacon will be similarly prices as Selection Verde.

Default Re: Creed Windsor to return as a part of the regular line up!!

Thanks for the info, I guess I can cancel my flacon reservation for October

Sur la Plage

Let me know when it shows up at online discounters for $125 + some % discount.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Oh dear.

I mean, oh good. I mean - well anyway, I have been wanting to try it so no doubt it'll turn up here sooner or later.

Regular bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by litworth View Post
    She told me that on that call they were told that Creed has decided to introduce Windsor as a part of the regular line up with the regular bottle sizes. She said she was told that the prices will be consistent with the existing prices for millisimes in the regular line up, and that the flacon will be similarly prices as Selection Verde.
    I really really hope what you're saying is true. Can anyone else confirm this?

This is the best news! I was just trying to figure out how to get a hold of some Windsor after trying it for the first time yesterday. I'm sure you would have told us if you knew, but were you given any indication as to when this might be released?
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

Quote Originally Posted by Igor01 View Post
    Thanks for the info, I guess I can cancel my flacon reservation for October
    Me too!

Although I am kind of pissed that I paid such a premium for a bottle this past January. And what about those who paid $600 for a flacon and it will now be $350? That sucks too.

Something doesn't sound right here. It doesn't make sense for Creed to do that, IMO... especially since they have already sold another 100 flacons at $600 for the fall.

Reminds me of when the iPhone came out and people paid $650 for it and then like 3 months later they dropped the price to $450, pissing off all the early adopters.

Quote Originally Posted by TalkingMuffin View Post
    Me too!

Although I am kind of pissed that I paid such a premium for a bottle this past January. And what about those who paid $600 for a flacon and it will now be $350? That sucks too.

Something doesn't sound right here. It doesn't make sense for Creed to do that, IMO... especially since they have already sold another 100 flacons at $600 for the fall.

Reminds me of when the iPhone came out and people paid $650 for it and then like 3 months later they dropped the price to $450, pissing off all the early adopters.
    I agree. First Creed sells a very limited number of flacons saying that this is a limited edition release and then they re-release some more flacons....and now this? If this is true, it will be hard for them to repeat this with with their future 'so called limited edition' releases.

The more I think about it, the more this doesn't make sense. But I hope that I'm wrong...
    TOP 10
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

Well, absolutely no disrespect to our new poster intended, but any confirmation / corroboration? It does seem a bit odd.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 17th June 2010 at 03:22 PM.

She said that Saks will have it in November. Thought that I should mention this to everyone as I too was on the waiting list at the Creed Boutique in NY for a flacon, but obviously this new information changes that.

Also Muffin, I'm gonna have to correct you. They haven't sold another 100 flacons as they have not collected any money from anyone. Being on a waiting list is not a contract. For what its worth, I think it does make sense, given that the general consensus was that it was a great scent, but just not worth $600 a flacon. In addition, the $600 price tag was in large part based on the assumption of limited supply. They cannot sustain such a price point given increased supply.

No, I'm not insulted at all. In fact, I'd like for there to be corroboration. So let me know what you guys hear.

WindyCity1014 -

If you are trying to find Windsor then see the link below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=263602_263622

Apparently this person got the news as well, lol. It was 59.99 for 10ML last week and now its 49.99. I'm going to hold out on getting some until it 39.99 for 10ML

Basenotes Institution

Where the heck is cairomerta, our resident Creed Liaison?

Also Muffin, I'm gonna have to correct you. They haven't sold another 100 flacons as they have not collected any money from anyone. Being on a waiting list is not a contract..
    True... but the point is that they have 100 definite "buys" waiting for them. I'm sure if they made more than 100 flacons, those would sell at the $600 price point as well. In other words, it seems like the demand is there for this fragrance to sell pretty well at the $600. It's very unlike Creed to willingly drop the price that much and leave money on the table, and giving up an air of exclusivity, AND pissing off some loyal customers who ponied up big cash for it early on.

With 4 other new scents coming, 3 of which are in their "regular" lineup (one is a Royal Exclusive), it again doesn't make sense to do this with Windsor.

Send a letter to Olivier. Hand written for impact.

Whatever the case, I think it'd be awesome to add Windsor to the regular collection!
    TOP 10
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

It makes no sense to me at all.

After all, they declined to do this with Feuille Verte (which I have and love), but I had respect for the position in view of an implicit commitment to the original buyers of FV being a limited edition.
    Currently wearing: Augusto by Mazzolari

This seller is crazy! I heard he is a regular around here Actually there are other reasons for the price drop on ebay, nothing to do with it being reintroduced.
    I've heard rumors of Windsor being reintroduced like a month ago. I haven't heard anything of what the price will be and I haven't heard that it will be part of the regular collection.

WindyCity1014 -

If you are trying to find Windsor then see the link below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=263602_263622

Apparently this person got the news as well, lol. It was 59.99 for 10ML last week and now its 49.99. I'm going to hold out on getting some until it 39.99 for 10ML
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    This seller is crazy! I heard he is a regular around here Actually there are other reasons for the price drop on ebay, nothing to do with it being reintroduced.
    I've heard rumors of Windsor being reintroduced like a month ago. I haven't heard anything of what the price will be and I haven't heard that it will be part of the regular collection.
    I happen to know that seller and can confirm that he is a total wack-job!
    Last edited by WindyCity1014; 17th June 2010 at 04:17 PM.
    TOP 10
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma

FWIW, I just called up the Creed boutique and they're saying Windsor won't be introduced as regular part of the lineup due to ingredients being too hard to source, etc.

Crossing fingers!

Quote Originally Posted by grm215 View Post
    FWIW, I just called up the Creed boutique and they're saying Windsor won't be introduced as regular part of the lineup due to ingredients being too hard to source, etc.
    Too hard to source? Does that mean Symrise's phone number is busy?
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Windsor will remain one of my top five ever regardless of whether it is $600 or $300 a flacon.

Quite frankly, expensive Creeds are rare enough for me not to care whether 100 more people or 1000 more people wear it.

That GreenIT is - for a somewhat niche product! - relatively affordable and relatively easy to find doesn't make it any worse to me. I continuously had it for more than ten years now. (The only fragrance with this status in my wardrobe.)

I've got only one Windsor so I wouldn't mind getting it for cheaper in the future at all, and I wouldn't resent others paying less than what I paid and a somewhat larger availability of the product.

On the other hand - again if this piece of news is confirmed - somebody like Dullah, who bought four flacons from the first batch at a high price, would have any right to be irritated, I think.

We'll see. I don't know why but I suspect that the Saks representative confused the upcoming "second limited edition" with the introduction of Windsor in the regular line of products.

PS Who do I have to kill to ever sniff Feuille Verte? I'd pay The Perfumed Court prices but they don't have it either. Just a sniff!
    Last edited by Addict; 17th June 2010 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Too hard to source? Does that mean Symrise's phone number is busy?
    Bwahaha, well played, sir.

It is funny, yes, but it doesn't explain why specific ingredients in certain (not all) Creed perfumes have often a depth and a "naturalness" (which doesn't mean that they would be 100% natural/organic, nobody AFAIK claimed that) missing in aldehydes-ridden, synthetic-from-a-mile smelling products of other houses. Of course, other "sniffers" (including the illustrious Luca Turin) like aldehydes quite a bit, so take the above with a grain of salt and as in my humble opinion etc.

Addict -

I agree that it is possible that the SA is mistaking the second release for an addition to the regular line. But I specifically said to her "you mean the second limited release right?" and she said "No, no this won't be limited, its gonna be a part of the regular line up just like Green Irish Tweed, etc". Then she said " and get this, the prices will be the same as the other products in the regular line". She went on to talk about how she pleaded with Creed for months to bring it back because she gets so many calls a week about it. She said there were many other SA's of Creed that had the same 'battle cry'.

Bear in mind this was a SAKS and not the creed boutique. Can a few of you call your local SAKS? This conversation took place last Thursday.

Addict -

I agree that it is possible that the SA is mistaking the second release for an addition to the regular line. But I specifically said to her "you mean the second limited release right?" and she said "No, no this won't be limited, its gonna be a part of the regular line up just like Green Irish Tweed, etc". Then she said " and get this, the prices will be the same as the other products in the regular line". She went on to talk about how she pleaded with Creed for months to bring it back because she gets so many calls a week about it. She said there were many other SA's of Creed that had the same 'battle cry'.

Bear in mind this was a SAKS and not the creed boutique. Can a few of you call your local SAKS? This conversation took place last Thursday.
    This just isn't true man. I'm telling you man, sales associates at Saks and NM will make up stuff just for the hell of it.
    Last edited by TalkingMuffin; 18th June 2010 at 02:51 PM.

Many of us are very dedicated to this hobby and frankly have a much deeper knowledge of the fragrance industry and many product lines than the average SA. Like all of you, I spend a lot of time at cologne counters at many different stores and chat with a lot of them. The variety of people selling Creed at my local store are a constant source of amusement. Only one has some depth of knowledge. The rest pump out a lot of the usual drivel designed to get a customer to buy. They are rarely expecting that the person they are talking to is highly knowledgeable and in fact may know more a lot more about their product than they do. I can't imagine the typical SA running their Creed "patter" on ZZtop, Dullah, Cairomerta or redneckperfumisto - and many others in here.

In my experience, this is a "job" to most SAs, not a calling. As such, many don't dedicate much, if any, time or energy into knowledge of their product line. On a daily basis, the average customer they run into has nowhere near the knowledge that anyone in here with around 100 posts has. I'd take what most of them say with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 17th June 2010 at 08:47 PM.

This is good news since I've never smelled it. I'll finally get the opportunity.