Code of Conduct

Default What cologne with good projection and good longevity you think is good for daily wear?

I want someting that projects and has a good longevity,please help

Default Re: What cologne with good projection and good longevity you think is good for daily wear?

Here we go again. One man's pain is another man's pleasure. But anyway, you might start by looking at the
    thread that lists the most complimented by females (at the top of the Male discussion Forum). Some of
    these I like, some I don't . You might want to write down any that sound good and try to test them at
    a fragrance shop. I find that a cologne with a musky base will usually last awhile. I like Hugo Boss in
    Motion for it's orangey musk smell. Until you can figure out what type of scent you actually want,though,
    you will get more suggestions then you could possibly need.

AromiErotici

Default Re: What cologne with good projection and good longevity you think is good for daily wear?

Carven Homme fits the bill. It's economical and excellent for all seasons. An exceptional citric woody.

Chanel Platinum Egoiste

Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier

Sur la Plage

Aramis
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Not much lasts long on me.

Daily as in daytime (i.e. work, casual, etc.):

-- VETIVER (1961) BY GUERLAIN

--Tommy Bahama (Tommy Bahama)

-- L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme (1994) by Issey Miyake

The above suggestions weighed heavily on daytime appropriate instead of specifically long lasting. Unfortunately, the ones I'm familiar with as having great longevity, were missing the daytime quality. The above also kept in mind your requirement of DAILY meaning nearly every day. Thus, fragrances were chosen that would not smell the same all the time.

Original Vetiver (Creed) could be tried. It is a favorite of mine and many others. Personally, I get tired of it as an every day scent.

Like all suggestions, take them as pointers toward further research to narrow down options. Then, sample. Buying blind is very risky.

Not much lasts long on me.

Daily as in daytime (i.e. work, casual, etc.):

-- VETIVER (1961) BY GUERLAIN

--Tommy Bahama (Tommy Bahama)

-- L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme (1994) by Issey Miyake

The above suggestions weighed heavily on daytime appropriate instead of specifically long lasting. Unfortunately, the ones I'm familiar with as having great longevity, were missing the daytime quality. The above also kept in mind your requirement of DAILY; meaning nearly every day. Thus, fragrances were chosen that would not smell the same all the time and cause olfactory fatigue or boredom.

Original Vetiver (Creed) could be tried. It is a favorite of mine and many others. Personally, I get tired of it as an every day scent. On me, it's linear for a while, then BAM...wonderful sandalwood dry down.

Like all suggestions, take them as pointers toward further research (by you) to narrow down options. Then, sample or test a few times*. Buying blind is very risky.

* If sample vials can not be obtained, I suggest, essentially, go in to the retailer with clean & scent-neutral skin, apply, and leave. Don't confuse your nose with smelling other fragrances on cards or spending too much time inside as it soaks up the atmosphere of the stench of a thousand notes left by the cloud of others spraying.

Van Cleef & Arpels - Pour Homme

Powerhouse avant la lettre..bon chique, bon genre
    Knize Ten !

YSL L'Homme

Offrez-Lui

Genghis Khan.
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumičre Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

Green Irish Tweed. Lasts all day for me. Silage is average (perfect, IMO), however.

Amouage Ciel. A fresh, airy, uplifting fragrance perfect for spring/summer. Gives a luxurious aura, with great longevity!

Chanel Platinum Egoiste

Gianfranco Ferre for men is bold, but not overwhelming and lasts at least 8 hours.

Fahrenheit 32 all day, everyday.
    I want to smell good.

Diorre Homme Sport works well, as does its more sophisticated big brother Tabarome Millesime.

Allure Homme also covers a lot of ground, is inoffensive, and performs well (at least on me) as well.

- Terre d“Hermes
    - Kenzo Power Cologne
    - BLV homme by Bvlgari
    - Rive Gauche Pour Homme YSL
    - Pour Monsieur EDT Concentree

Another vote for Rive Gauche Pour Homme YSL

IMHO, every classic powerhouse is suitable for daily wear if you apply it properly.

dior farenheit absolute

Blog Entries

As far as masculines go:

Terre d'Hermes (I prefer the Parfum for its richness but the EdT is nice too)
    Guerlain Vetiver (If you like Vetiver, I suggest going the whole way and getting Vetiver Pour Elle.)
    Green Irish Tweed
    Givenchy Vetyver
    Azzaro Pour Homme
    Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Joop! Jump, Dior Homme and Black Xs by Paco Rabanne.

Habit Rouge in the EDP strength.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Green Irish Tweed

Rive Gauche PH
    Terre d'Hermes

Basenotes Junkie

allure homme sport, terre dhermes, issey miyake

A*Men.

+1 TdH

+1 Issey Miyake

TDH EDT has monster longevity. Cartier Roadster is pretty good too, as so are majority of Chanels; specifically, Chanel Egoiste Platinum and Allure Sport (I get about 12hrs plus on this)

Aventus sounds perfect for what your asking for
    lasts projects can be worn anywhere
    Current top 5

1 spiriteuse double vanille
    2 musc ravageur
    3 versace dreamer
    4 chanel allure
    5 new haarlem

My signature scent...Platinum Egoiste

Guerlain - Vetiver
    Azzaro - Chrome Legend
    Dunhill - Pursuit
    Azzaro - Visit

Another vote for Platinum Egoiste.

Banned
    Blog Entries

le labo rose 31, taste of fragrance,pure malt,havane,coffee, you get my drift..

Basenotes Member

Green Irish Tweed, and Aventus are both powerhouses and suitable for everyday wear in my opinion.

I would also like to mention Bleecker Street by bond no. 9. The dry-down on this one is really nice.

And another vote for Chanel Platinum Egoiste

Ferre Bergamotto Marino..It is a cologne but as potent as an EDP...great on longevity. Shines in summers.

- - - Updated - - -

Ferre Bergamotto Marino..It is a cologne but as potent as an EDP...great on longevity. Shines in summers.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Currently on my Rotation:
    1. Cartier D'un Soir
    2. Loewe Essencia
    3. Bergamotto Marino
    4. Herb Alpert Listen
    5. Artisan
    6. Bang
    7. GIT
    8. Pal Zileri No 18
    9. TdH
    0. Kenzo Homme

360 red,paris hilton, michael jordan legend. Great cheap long lasting frags!!!

I like your style Tiger Wood. I own and rock Paris Hilton and MJ as well. Dirt cheap stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Van Cleef & Arpels - Pour Homme

Powerhouse avant la lettre..bon chique, bon genre
    +1`....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    YSL L'Homme
    Since when is this one good for longevity and projection? Few get this from L'Homme
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Quote Originally Posted by romeocasido View Post
    I like your style Tiger Wood. I own and rock Paris Hilton and MJ as well. Dirt cheap stuff
    Could never get into this frag. Smells too much like cherry vicks vapor rub to me but I hear it works better in the summer to which I haven't had a chance to try it.

Heard great things about MJ legend too but never tried it. Frag bros did a nice comparison of it as it's a clone to a much more expensive niche house, just can't remember which one. Creed maybe? actually New Harlem Bond no 9, not creed.

Givenchy Play Intense or La Nuit

Reflection

Banned
    Blog Entries

Looking for a cologne that projects, lasts, is suited for daily wear and is quality is like trying to find a wife who will work 9 hours a day, come home to cook you dinner and clean the entire house. It's not happening, lol.

Seriously, maybe Platinum Egoiste,