Code of Conduct

Default Escada Pour Homme - Underrated?

Yesterday i picked up a 1.4oz bottle of Escada pour homme at marshalls after seeing the excellent reviews on basenotes (not a single bad 43 pos, 7 net, 0 neg)

I remembered smelling it a while ago and i was able to sort-of recall the scent but i didnt remember how good it actually was.

It starts pretty bad on me, but thats how my skin is with most citrus/lemon scents.
    After couple of seconds the sourness starts but after 15min~ it settles down into a nice cognac aroma.
    My dad used to drink cognac with honey green tea, and it smells very similar.

I find it as a great night scent for cooler days.
    Its not too sweet, but it has a hint of some sweetness. The scent itself is very warm and i find it pretty romantic. Its boozy but not enough to be a loud drunk guy.
    It smells slightly perfumy, and has a hint of powder to it. The vanilla is present, and has a creamy feel and smells somewhat closer to maple.
    Its not heavy but it lasts pretty long and projects pretty good (3-4 sprays would do)

I was reading one review where someone said its "dated"
    It doesn't smell like anything out today, but is it really a bad thing? it makes the scent unique.
    My girl didnt get a chance to smell it yet, but other girls i asked (including mom and sister lol) approved it. I cant really see someone disliking it

Anyone is a fan?

Default Re: Escada Pour Homme - Underrated?

I wore Avon's Starring for Men yesterday, and I was thinking "this is Escada PH done right." I don't know what it is, because it's not a bad frag, but the notes just don't work together coherently for me. The quality seems to be there, at least for a designer frag, but it seems like "hard" and "soft" notes are fighting it out for dominance here. I prefer it when the notes seem to harmonize, especially when those notes are "contrasting," but for me that does not happen in this frag.

DeepSilence

I saw the reviews, and i didn't see any negative review for it. I will try it soon.

Good fragrance. Underrated? No IMO.

Hm, one neutral review should be mine, but I was leaning towards negative, because I think Escada PH is vastly overrated here at Basenotes. The whole construction, smelled up close, smells cheap and hollow to me. However, given the price, the perfumer(s) did a good job.

If you want a light, airy version of Escada PH, try Tom Ford for Men. If you want the gourmand version, try L'Instant de Guerlain PH.
    Last edited by Stereotomy; 19th June 2010 at 12:22 AM.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Escada PH is an outstanding frag, and is very much underrated. I think it's because its current "bargain bin" reputation. I don't give a damn - it smells better than most of the designer and niche frags that I've smelled in the past 15 years.

I consider it an excellent light floral oriental. I actually wear it in the summer, not cold weather for me. Love it.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Good fragrance. Underrated? No IMO.
    Agreed. A rather good scent that is fortunately cheap to buy. It never once occurred to me this is underrated.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

From the reviews here, EpH is not underrated. Generally unappreciated? Most likely. A wonderful frag, IMO.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Basenotes Plus

The reviews are bang on. I actually got it today. I think it has a wonderful old-school vibe with a modern twist that makes it a viable proposition for virtually anyone.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 20th June 2010 at 07:25 AM.

IT is amazing!!! i tried this last week. and hell yea it is underrated.

The lime, cognac, mandarin....

I could taste it in my mouth.

Simply decadent.
    Current Favorites

Creed- Windsor
    Serge Lutens- Chergui
    Creed- GIT
    Lolita Lempica Au Masculin
    Ysl M7
    Creed-Aventus
    Pure Malt
    Chanel Egoiste
    Egyptian Goddess
    Serge Lutens- Arabie
    Frederic Malle- Musc Ravageur
    Acqua di Parma- Mandorlo

It's boozy heaven.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Splits: O'driu, La Via del Profumo/AbdesSalaam Attar, Nasomatto, Chanel Les Exclusifs, Profumi del Forte, Mona di Orio, Kurkdjian, Slumberhouse.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

dayum, im really wanting to try this one

i hope it is
    really Boozy and classy, long lasting and well projected

i dope it isnt
    perfumey, too synthetic, urinal

I love Escada PH. It is boozy and classy and a lovely night time, romantic fragrance IMO. Cognac and vanilla well blended.
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!