Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1

    Default Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    Is this available still anywhere?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    I looked for it everywhere but NEVER came across a listing on ebay or even a decant.
    I think it was too much of a good thing.

  3. #3
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010

    Default Re: Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    I thought I heard they were releasing a new Vetiver fragrance this year.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  4. #4

    Default Re: Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    I heard that too, they are going to release a new vetiver later this year, I can't wait for that one...

  5. #5

    Default Re: Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    Tried The Perfumed Court? I sold them my backup bottle a couple years back.
    It was/is lovely stuff. Very raw, grassy with very little citrus and something like an incense angle, used in the way that JC Ellena often uses it.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    Quote Originally Posted by Strollyourlobster View Post
    Tried The Perfumed Court? I sold them my backup bottle a couple years back.
    It was/is lovely stuff. Very raw, grassy with very little citrus and something like an incense angle, used in the way that JC Ellena often uses it.
    Yeah, tried them with no luck.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    I've looked everywhere for this with no luck. I've had an Ebay alert set up for the past year or more, and none have come up for sale.

  8. #8

    Arrow Re: Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I thought I heard they were releasing a new Vetiver fragrance this year.
    I had a nice conversation with an Artisan rep at Aedes last week and he mentioned something to that effect. I don't remember if he said it would be Duchaufour, though why wouldn't it be?

    Their recent offerings have been pretty good so I look forward to it.
    Last edited by Emlynevermore; 19th June 2010 at 02:57 AM. Reason: phunctuation

  9. #9
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,277

    Default Re: Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    Quote Originally Posted by Strollyourlobster View Post
    Tried The Perfumed Court? I sold them my backup bottle a couple years back.
    It was/is lovely stuff. Very raw, grassy with very little citrus and something like an incense angle, used in the way that JC Ellena often uses it.
    Oh I didn't realize you owned it Stroll. Wow...I thought this stuff was just an urban legend...like gupts I've never seen a bottle of it ever. Lucky you!

  10. #10

    Default Re: Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    I have a sample of this and Strollyourlobster described it perfectly. It it is a bit like a tamed Santa Maria Novella vetiver-monster.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Oh I didn't realize you owned it Stroll. Wow...I thought this stuff was just an urban legend...like gupts I've never seen a bottle of it ever. Lucky you!
    I once had an almost heart attack when I saw the L'Artisan Parfumeur page on The Perfume House's website:
    http://www.theperfumehouse.com/index...8&categoryID=5

    They have this picture as their generic L'Artisan photo:


    I emailed them frantically to see if they had any Vetiver left, but of course they do not.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    Any idea why did they discontinue making this? I mean L'artisan has a huge array of fragrances and I assume, in their current portfolio there are a few that are older than their vetiver. So there has to be a particular reason for them to take this off the market.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    Not actually the Vetiver but the original L'Artisan Patchouli out at the same time. I do own it.

    Anyway, I remember some years back trying to buy another bottle as back up. Phoned the boutique in London and no stock and it never appeared again. They brought out Patch instead. But I emailed L'Artisan in Paris to enquire? I received a relpy they said it was concerning ingredients being the reason for the original not coming back. I will say it was the same for Vetiver. I have no idea which ingredients caused the problem?
    DONNA

  14. #14

    Default Re: Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    If I'm not mistaken this fragrance was released in 2001, and discontinued in 2005. I don't think it was created in 1978, and have no idea what that 1978 is a reference to. If I'm not mistaken Patchouli was a 1979 release the 4th. release from this house after It's founding in 1976 by Jean Laporte. At any rate This fragrance was not exported to the US, and coupled with It's short run it was a tough find. As for the fragrance itself I cannot find a pyramid anywhere, so all I can do is guess as to the notes used in this composition. I can detect no citrus at all, and this fragrance consists mostly of Vetiver, and woods. It does have a hint of sweetness about it, but it think that is formed solely by the skillful blending of the Vetiver along with the woods. Cedar I can detect, and the Vetiver is Bourbon, and Patchouli is also apparent. It would not surprise me to find perhaps a little Oak also. This fragrance has what I would call panache, and carries about itself an unabashed attitude, and is not afraid to let it be known. Subtle, and at the same time it is bold. It took me over a year, and a half of steady searching to find this fragrance, and was well worth the time, and effort. If it were not for Vetyver by Carlo Corinto this would be atop the list of my favorite Vetivers.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

  15. #15

    Default Re: Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    I used to own this and I really liked it. I sold it I think here on this board not realizing how rare it was. I also owned L'Artisan Santal which was another good one that I stupidly got rid of.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

  16. #16

    Default Re: Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    The new one is exclusive to Printemps in Paris at the moment and called:

    Coeur de Vetiver Sacré from L'Artisan

    Someone on POL was in Printemps and spotted it.
    DONNA

  17. #17

    Default Re: Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron199 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken this fragrance was released in 2001, and discontinued in 2005. I don't think it was created in 1978, and have no idea what that 1978 is a reference to. If I'm not mistaken Patchouli was a 1979 release the 4th. release from this house after It's founding in 1976 by Jean Laporte. At any rate This fragrance was not exported to the US, and coupled with It's short run it was a tough find. As for the fragrance itself I cannot find a pyramid anywhere, so all I can do is guess as to the notes used in this composition. I can detect no citrus at all, and this fragrance consists mostly of Vetiver, and woods. It does have a hint of sweetness about it, but it think that is formed solely by the skillful blending of the Vetiver along with the woods. Cedar I can detect, and the Vetiver is Bourbon, and Patchouli is also apparent. It would not surprise me to find perhaps a little Oak also. This fragrance has what I would call panache, and carries about itself an unabashed attitude, and is not afraid to let it be known. Subtle, and at the same time it is bold. It took me over a year, and a half of steady searching to find this fragrance, and was well worth the time, and effort. If it were not for Vetyver by Carlo Corinto this would be atop the list of my favorite Vetivers.
    Ron,
    I think you may be mistaken, but I may have confused which scent you're talking about. The Basenotes directory indicates L'Artisan released a Vetiver in 1978, along with Santal and Vanila and Tubereuse. You're right about Patchouli, which was released in 1979. http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancedi...&submit=search

    I bought the Vetiver in a brick and mortar store here in the US, and a few years ago I saw a couple remaining bottles at another. It happens I also bought Santal over the counter here in the US, but I got my bottle of Patchouli in France. (Sorry, AZ, I wasn't one of your L'Artisan purchasers.)

    It is a great vetiver, and I rank it up with Guerlain myself.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

  18. #18

    Smile Re: Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    There is indeed a new Vetiver scent by l'Artisan parfumeur for sale at Printemps in Paris but also in Lille. The SA told me that is was exclusive to Printemps. She gave me a large decant of the "Coeur de Vetiver Sacré". After trying it at home, I'm completly head over heels with it. it starts out very fresh and green but then something incensy comes up. I might have to return to Printemps to get me a full bottle..

  19. #19

    Default Re: Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    The reviews in the directory for this one are quite favorable. Too bad it isn't readily available.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    I cannot remember where I got it but in my collection descriptions it goes like this:
    L`Artisan Parfumeur Vetiver (Jean-François Laporte, 1978). Citrus, mint, cedre, coffee, tonka, oakmoss, vetivers (Bourbon and Java).
    I`m sure there`s some geranium in it too - as I feel it. (Not in descripiton)
    For me it`s similar to Carlo Corinto Vetiver and SMN Vetiver - citrus spicy cologne with vetiver base.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

  21. #21

    Default Re: Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    The new one is exclusive to Printemps in Paris at the moment and called:

    Coeur de Vetiver Sacré from L'Artisan

    Someone on POL was in Printemps and spotted it.
    Here is the discussion on French:
    http://www.beaute-test.com/forums/in...p?topic=239087

    Lucky Parisiennes mentioned some notes of the new perfume as they tried it: orange, pepper, cardamom, clove, rose, violette, tonka, vanille, vetiver.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

  22. #22

    Default Re: Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    Hi!
    My name is Celene, and I am the U.S. Brand Manager from L'Artisan Parfumeur.

    Glad to hear the excitement from all of you about our upcoming launch Coeur de Vetiver Sacre!

    It is due in U.S. September 2010 exclusively at Barneys New York.
    For this launch we have asked the very talented perfumer, Carine Vinchon, to interpret the noble vetiver and we have imagined it as " an offering to the gods, a mystical journey between east and west, with its vibrant and ethereal woodiness..."

    We have used a Haitian vetiver and a Robertet specialty heart vetiver to accentuate both the masculine and feminine qualities of this scent.

    It sparkles with a freshness from black tea and bergomot, peppered with saffron, ginger, and coriander, and has accents of dates and dried apricot...

    I hope this helps answer a few burning questions!
    Best,
    Celene

  23. #23
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,277

    Default Re: Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    Quote Originally Posted by gogopinkkitty View Post
    Hi!
    My name is Celene, and I am the U.S. Brand Manager from L'Artisan Parfumeur.

    Glad to hear the excitement from all of you about our upcoming launch Coeur de Vetiver Sacre!

    It is due in U.S. September 2010 exclusively at Barneys New York.
    For this launch we have asked the very talented perfumer, Carine Vinchon, to interpret the noble vetiver and we have imagined it as " an offering to the gods, a mystical journey between east and west, with its vibrant and ethereal woodiness..."

    We have used a Haitian vetiver and a Robertet specialty heart vetiver to accentuate both the masculine and feminine qualities of this scent.

    It sparkles with a freshness from black tea and bergomot, peppered with saffron, ginger, and coriander, and has accents of dates and dried apricot...

    I hope this helps answer a few burning questions!
    Best,
    Celene
    Thanks Celene. Welcome to Basenotes! I'm wondering: Did you ever smell the original Vetiver by L'Artisan? If so, how would you compare it to the new Coeur de Vetiver Sacre.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    Hi!
    oh...kind of... I found a lone bottle hidden way back behind some newer fragrances we keep in the office. I had heard so many of our customers wax poetic about this perfume, so I was really excited to sniff it. From what I can remember, which I hate to say is very little, Coeur de Vetiver Sacre is MUCH brighter, and immediatley tickles my nose like little fragrant bubbles.
    I don't remember the other Vetiver having such sparkle.
    I also feel this is a very modern take on vetiver, more gender-neutral, and faceted.
    Having been with the company for a little over three years now, I know this was a gap we needed to fill in our array of offerings...I'm really interested to hear what all of you think of this new addition.
    It's always really interesting for me to read and hear what others inpressions are, just as a avid perfume addict myself, the different perspectives are enlightening!

    Thanks so much for the welcome!
    Best!
    Celene
    L'Artisan Parfumeur

  25. #25
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,277

    Default Re: Vetiver (1978) by l'artisan parfumeur

    Sounds great. Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. L'Artisan Parfumeur Mon Numéro
    By scent in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 19th September 2009, 09:39 PM
  2. L'Artisan Parfumeur being sold?
    By Perfume_Addict in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27th October 2008, 05:15 AM
  3. Need Help (L'Artisan Parfumeur)
    By Pepe Le Pew in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14th November 2007, 12:32 AM
  4. New L'artisan Parfumeur
    By castorpollux in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25th January 2007, 02:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •