Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Yves Saint-Laurent Belle d'Opium

http://whatisyouropium.com/

Anybody have any further news on this?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Sur la Plage

Default Re: New Fragrance: Yves Saint-Laurent Belle d'Opium

Some information from nstperfume.com:

Yves Saint Laurent will launch Belle d’Opium, the “next-generation” version of the brand’s iconic Opium fragrance, in August. Belle d’Opium is fronted by actress Mélanie Thierry.

Belle d’Opium is an oriental developed by perfumers Honorine Blanc and Alberto Morillas; it is described as having “less of an amber-like effect” than the original. The notes include Casablanca lily, sandalwood, gardenia, white pepper, jasmine and narguile accord.

Yves Saint Laurent Belle d’Opium will be available in 30, 50 and 90 ml Eau de Parfum. In the US, it will launch in September

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I'm looking forward to this one!

I can't wait to smell this. I love the original

A friend is the manager of a YSL counter and I asked her again about this on saturday. She says to her it is a cross between Opium Homme and Nu.
    DONNA

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    She says to her it is a cross between Opium Homme and Nu.
    Now I am even more excited to try it out ... wee!

Sounds good to me...

If this has anything in commom with nu, specially nu edp, i`ll buy it

Basenotes Plus

If it is anything remotely like Nu it will be fantastic! I'm very excited to try this now.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

My friend on the YSL counter says they want to end up dropping the Opium name and just call it Belle eventually .She said it is also reminiscent of Coco Mademoiselle , and it smells really wonderful !!!!

Thank you for this, i didn't know about it!

I just tried this perfume this past weekend in Geneva. It is extremely sweet with a fruity smell, and not like the original at all. It smells like a sephora knock off than a genuinely classy sort of fragrance. For 90 euro I think I can find something better to buy.

I can't wait to give this a test drive.....Sounds like it will be fantastic!!!
    Gary

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Not to be snarky or anything, but doesn't it look like her you-know-what is steaming and she's trying to get a little ventilation?
    Speaking as a woman, that strikes me as an uncomfortable situation.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Plus

It's a very unfortunate picture, you would think Yves Saint Laurent could do better than that. The perfume sounds very interesting though, I look forward to giving it a try.

Basenotes Institution

Quarry - you're right- it does looks like her 'you-know-what' is steaming. *giggles* Most unfortunate picture. I actually haven't seen this Belle stuff yet....must look out for it.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Horrible , nothing comparable to Opium..it's a kind of floral water + some sugar ...no personnality . A girly perfume for teenagers who will buy it for the brand ..nothing from Saint Laurent's originality , class & chic ... blurp ...

If this is as good as I think it will be, this would make the perfect christmas present for a special woman in any man's life.

I tried this yesterday, I didn't know it was very new. I was really shocked when I first smelled, not only it has to resemblance to opium, it doesn't feel like an YSL at all. It's a very boring sugary, fruity floral, like half of the crappy perfumes out there. Such a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    A friend is the manager of a YSL counter and I asked her again about this on saturday. She says to her it is a cross between Opium Homme and Nu.
    You're friend needs to get her nose fixed, Belle d'Opium is all sugar and no spice! I tired it at Paris Duty Free on Monday. Not a hint of the bright incense that made Nu so bold and original. This one has hasn't any connection to Mr. St. Laurent's chic vision or even Tom Ford's retro-disco aesthetic, for that matter. It's loud and silly and sure to be a huge hit with the girls that shop at Sephora!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    You're friend needs to get her nose fixed, Belle d'Opium is all sugar and no spice! I tired it at Paris Duty Free on Monday. Not a hint of the bright incense that made Nu so bold and original. This one has hasn't any connection to Mr. St. Laurent's chic vision or even Tom Ford's retro-disco aesthetic, for that matter. It's loud and silly and sure to be a huge hit with the girls that shop at Sephora!
    This is disappointing to hear Kevin. Thanks for the heads up!

Sur la Plage

I agree. It is a disgrace to the Opium name.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Not to be snarky or anything, but doesn't it look like her you-know-what is steaming and she's trying to get a little ventilation?
    Speaking as a woman, that strikes me as an uncomfortable situation.
    Hahahahahahaha!! Uncomfortable indeed. l've only just found this thread & initially l thought; "ooh, gardenia? Jasmine? Sandalwood? Gimme gimme!" Very disappointing if it turns out to be yet another yawn-worthy fruity floral. l spotted this in Boots last week, l'll give it a sniff soon just to make sure...
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Tried it today and am not bowled over.
    It doesn't last long and is very ordinary.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

I did sample this and I like this alot.....I hope I can talk my Wife into wearing this.....Gary

To bad its not as good as I hoped it would be. YSL should have done better......
    "Now I have become death. The destroyer of worlds"

-J. Robert Oppenheimer-

I find the ad with the steaming you-know-what very off putting!
    Brrrrrr!
    But then you can see clearly that the lady herself is extremely unhappy.
    Is this the actual effect of this fragrance?
    I'll wait for the other basenoters to give it a good try I think.
    Besides, I am getting very distrustful of flankers...
    If not actually prejudiced...

Any more inpressions of this? I have not seen this released. Maybe I am in the wrong places.

Too bad about the sweetness and sugar. All too common these days.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

l tried this from a tester today, & l'm sad to report that it was another disappointing fruity-floral on me. For a brief moment in the opening l thought l sensed creamy white flowers, then the moment was gone. Maybe these notes might be more prominent on some people than others? After that it was all sweet fruitiness with no distinguishable notes, the sillage was ok but it lasted barely 2 hours. Such a shame, l love that dark indigo bottle!
    l compared it with Opium on the other wrist, & there was no relation between the two. l'm not even biased because l still don't like Opium even though it must be 20 years since l last sniffed it! Much too overwhelmingly spicy for me. Ah well, next!!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Any more inpressions of this? I have not seen this released. Maybe I am in the wrong places.

Too bad about the sweetness and sugar. All too common these days.
    I tried it in Nordstrom.

Thumbs up Re: New Fragrance: Yves Saint-Laurent Belle d'Opium

Oh, i don't find it that bad at all!!
    The Opium heritage is heavyly loaded, of course. With expectations, connotations and perhaps unfair associations?
    Of course it's a whole different thing than the original Opium. You have to see it completely seperately.
    Trying it on skin these days it has a whole new impression to me than on paper a few weeks ago. Less synthetic, less acidic and artificial its notes are melting softly, mellow and very tender into my skin.
    Bought the small size. Finding it perfect for mood and season at the moment.
    "They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
    Edgar Allan Poe

http://perfumum.blogspot.com/

I have some of this stuff and it smells fabulous on me...lighter than the priginal Opium and kind of woody. I really like this one

I meant to say lighter than the "original" Opium

I bought it. No fruit on me appart from the opening which disappears quickly. I dislike fruity fragrances. It easy to wear and I get compliments a lot when I wear it.

I have no idea why they put the name Opium in there as it has nothing to do with original Opium. Infact my friend manager of YSL counter said they just call it Belle de YSL. She can see the Opuim part of the name dropped in time.
    DONNA

I quite like the scent, but I wish it lasted longer - only about an hour on me. Agree it smells nothing like the original Opium, but that's quite good for me - Opium is my mother-in-law's signature frag and my husband has banned me from wearing it (or anything like it) for reasons that are probably obvious!

Blog Entries

Based on some of the comments it does not look like this one will be in my wardrobe. Too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by lillie View Post
    Oh, i don't find it that bad at all!!
    The Opium heritage is heavyly loaded, of course. With expectations, connotations and perhaps unfair associations?
    Of course it's a whole different thing than the original Opium. You have to see it completely seperately.
    Trying it on skin these days it has a whole new impression to me than on paper a few weeks ago. Less synthetic, less acidic and artificial its notes are melting softly, mellow and very tender into my skin.
    Bought the small size. Finding it perfect for mood and season at the moment.
    That definitely makes me want to try it. I might even venture a trip to the mall to do just that (and to go to Crate & Barrel for kitchen thingamajigs).