Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Default Voyage d'hermes?

I think I love this fragrance....however, I wonder if it would drive me crazy. It's smells great, but I just want more of it. If I purchase will I get frustrated that it's not strong enough or will I settle into it? I would appreciate anyone's experience with it.

Default Re: Voyage d'hermes?

I own a lot of fragrances. They are all different. Some are strong and some are quiet. This one might be on the quiet side but it smells really good. There are moments where I don't need my fragrances to be projection monsters and lasts very long. If I want to smell it again, I'll just reapply.

it`s definitively not a "sillage-monster". Ok scent, but not my favorite from Ellena..

Quote Originally Posted by cybermorph View Post
    I think I love this fragrance....however, I wonder if it would drive me crazy. It's smells great, but I just want more of it. If I purchase will I get frustrated that it's not strong enough or will I settle into it? I would appreciate anyone's experience with it.
    I am sure it will suit you just fine. It's a fine scent.

It's a great scent. The cardamom is prominent it all it's goodness.
    Can't you try it before buying?

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Member

Yea I just went through a tester rather quickly

actually, I also thought at first that it did not project - but I was pleasantly surprised when I finally owned a decant : it does project and lasts, you just need to find the right amount/number of sprays for yourself.
    ask around you if they can smell it and how - once you have done 2 to 4 sprays. more can definitely be too much presence, depending. on a man I have experienced it to be (he had done his 'usual' 5/6 sprays).
    I believe one's nose needs to get used to it (probably the musks). and then... wow !
    Vivre d’erreurs et de parfums.

Pour comprendre le bonheur, il faut le voir comme étant une récompense et jamais un but. (Antoine de St Exupéry).

Voyage it's probably not a groundbreaking release, but at least is a quite honest and well refined composition. While it's not particularly outstanding as a fragrance, it is surely outstanding among the latest compositions by CJ Ellenà as a gentle and very light spicy-woody-musky scent that's incredibly versatile. Easy to wear, unpretentious and very minimal yet well refined.
    Downside: definitely overpriced, almost zero sillage, weak lasting power.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I sampled this and it did not last one hour.....Smelled good at first and then it was gone!!!
    Gary

Basenotes Member

1 spray of Cartier Declaration + 1 spray of Bulgari pour Homme = Voyage d'hermes