Code of Conduct

Thread: Floris Vetiver

Default Floris Vetiver

Floris Vetiver - Absolutely Stunning fragrance. I notice a prominent tanned leather + vetiver accord in it's opening; smooth, powdery texture with lathery vetiver towards midnotes with sandalwood (like Villoresi sandalo) + vetiver towards base. Belongs to a genre of scents, one would love to splash on generously. It's not light weight mind you. just extremely invigorating.

Of the vetiver based scents i have sampled (OV, MC, G Vetiver, EN, VO), i can very safely say this is the one i would love to wear on a daily basis and, never get tired of. Smells extremely classy and suave. Very rare to find such a well balanced and lovely composition. Definite must have.

I hear this is hard to find now...hoping i could afford it one of these days as i know one of the Bner is selling this one would hate to loose it
    Last edited by jenson; 18th June 2010 at 02:10 PM.

Default Re: Floris Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    Floris Vetiver - Absolutely Stunning fragrance.

i would love to wear on a daily basis and, never get tired of. Smells extremely classy and suave. Very rare to find such a well balanced and lovely composition. Definite must have.

I hear this is hard to find now...hoping i could afford it one of these days as i know one of the Bner is selling this one would hate to loose it

I agree. It has become my favorite vetiver and my most worn. I believe it has been discontinued by Floris. I bought my extra bottle on closeout from an E-tailer a year or two ago. It's one I treasure.

I agree absolutely , unfortunately it was discontinued. I own a bottle and i have asked the Floris employee for more, without success
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

It is a great vetiver -- grassy, woody, slightly earthy. Not heavy but substantial.
    As others have said, it has been discontinued.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Fantastic in its leathery richness, for sure. Seems so much in an old style, as if it comes from 100 years ago. Very magical.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

A very refined vetiver scent. Pity it`s discontinued.

Tried this at a friend's. Actually prefer Givenchy Vetyver.

Basenotes Institution

This is one vetiver I have never smelled, every time I read about I get excited about it. My fantasy is to one day run into a bottle at some discount perfume shop or garage sale at a significant discount.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Floris Vetiver has a distinctive spicy sharpness to it that I find appealling when I am in the mood to wear it. It is powerful and long lasting on me. It shares more attributes with Creed Vetiver 1948 than any other vetiver I've tried (and neither are really vetiver prominent, IMO). I'm glad to have it on hand.

Martin

Sur la Plage

It's a very well done vetiver fragrance IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Bought it blind when it was discontinued. Like it a lot better than anything else that Floris is offering these days.

I noticed there is a bottle of 100ml EDT of Floris Vetiver for on UK Ebay... 3 days to run... Worth a punt?

Quote Originally Posted by Twistyface View Post
    I noticed there is a bottle of 100ml EDT of Floris Vetiver for on UK Ebay... 3 days to run... Worth a punt?
    Sure, you can only get it that way and it is pretty good juice.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Twistyface View Post
    Definitely. Go for it!
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson