Code of Conduct

Default S o t D - Saturday, June 19, 2010

I am in SENSI by Armani today
    Wishes for a Happy Weekend
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Default SotD - Saturday the 19th of June

Morning ladies ...

I'm testing samples of;

Bois d'Armenie de Guerlain - deee-licious!
    Acqua di Parma, Profumo - OK, not my fave

Given to me by the lovely Ubuandibeme..!

Default Re: SotD - Saturday the 19th of June

Molinard's Nirmala because I need cheering up after the England
    football team's dire performance last night.

Default Re: S o t D - Saturday, June 19, 2010

LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Summer by Kenzo! Summer by Kenzo! Summer by Kenzo! Summer by Kenzo! Summer by Kenzo! Summer by Kenzo!

Aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Good morning everyone. My eye is finally starting to heal now it seems.... just too bad I had to move out from the bf for it to get better Not sure what will happen with us now,but I'm not gonna worry too much about it now. Sotd is Tam Dao. I needed a comfortscent today, and for some reason wood scents have a very therapeutic effect on me.

Today I'm trying Soul from Sharon Bolton, again. I wore it yesterday, and initially I got too much pina colada, but by the end of the day 1. it was still there and 2. most of the sweetness was gone, leaving a really nice coconut/musk combo that worked well on my skin. I'll be trying her 'Truth' on the other wrist.

Happy day, all! Healing vibes to ineespenes and anyone else in need.

Today I am wearing the glorious Neil Morris Fragrances Parfum d'Ida - a gorgeous scent inspired by a gorgeous parfumista, our own Chayaruchama!

Parfum d'Ida notes: Top Notes of Blackberry, Clove, Elemi, Aldehydes. Middle Notes of Geranium, Gardenia, Purple Hyacinth, Narcissus, Ylang Ylang. Base Notes of Oakmoss, Vetiver, Jatamansi, Myrrh, Civet, Black Agar, Orris, Russian Leather.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Oooooo Catherine - I am SO envious. That P de I is a true reflection of our earthy, vital, gifted, loving and (dare I say?) GLAMOROUS Chaya! Wish I were near you!!

However.

Another hot and humid...think I'll bathe in the modest but refreshing ...
    Cool Water Woman

.......a perfectly nice, grapefruity melony sort of sea breeze. And perfect for today's temps.
    Last edited by TaoLady; 19th June 2010 at 12:09 PM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

L'Artisan Drole de Rose for me. In a floral or aldehyde mood these days.
    DONNA

Eau de Arpege, Lanvin... absolutely lovely, light as a feather and sophisticated.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks to a generous gift from a darling friend, I'm wearing Caron Acaciosa. Beautiful, a dark rich jasmine floral yet radiant too, with a sunny opening pineapple note. Such a special, one of a kind perfume.

Have a lovely Saturday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

I am wearing Sweet Patchouli by Ava Luxe, a perfect summer patchouli. Soon I will be off to Coney Island for the Mermaid Parade. This year Lou Reed and Laurie Anderson are the king and queen of the parade. It will be a truly New York event.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Green Irish Tweed this morning. Hotter'n the gates of hades already..
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Trying out some Clarins Eau Ensoleillante "Sunshine Fragrance" this morning. Notes of mandarin, grapefruit, ylang ylang, tonka bean and patchouli, along with extracts of linden tree, mimosa, chamomile, griffonia and watermelon. I think I can actually all of that in there, except that I don't know what griffonia is. This is pleasant stuff on a sultry hot day.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Starting out with DH's fave (Sel de Vetiver + Black Vetyver combo) cuz I wanted to please him as we sat on the front porch sipping coffee and talking about all things great and small. What a wondrous gift to be able to converse with the same person on a daily basis for over 30 years and continue to enjoy it on every new occasion. Still enjoying a rare sense of leisure here — Ahhhhh. May you all experience a peaceful day.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Mugler Cologne.

Notes include Bergamot, Neroli, Petit Grain, Orange Blossom, Green Sap and White Musk.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Thanks again for all of your kind words and heartfelt wishes yesterday, pictures, cakes and stuff. I baked Mocca Loca for the girls at work, they liked it -- one Mexican neighbor taught me how while back in TX. PM me if interested.

Changed my SotD three times already: YSL Paris Roses de Vergers, Elariia Narcissus Body Water and Creed Love in Black.

Will soak feet, exfoliate, massage, take care of the toenails -- essential stuff! -- and put on La Violette from Annick Goutal sent by lovely 30R. Would like some tart violets, can't think of anything -- I do not think they even exist, or do they? -- all I got are sweet, pretty, rosey, light, fruity or ashy-green. Any ideas, please? I would like something with bitter herbs and/or sharp citrus and woody (not musky!) base. Anyone tried Alexander McQueen My Queen? Or the new old concentrated Violettes Divine from Henri Berdoues?

Congratulations to POLers on the repair of their forum.

Have a nice weekend.

Lilybelle, enjoy your griffonia. If nothing else, it is rumored to control appetite here:

http://www.shamanica.com/Griffonia%20simplicifolia.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Lilybelle, enjoy your griffonia. If nothing else, it is rumored to control appetite here:

http://www.shamanica.com/Griffonia%20simplicifolia.asp
    Well, that could be very helpful! Thank you! By the way, Twolf, have you tried Balmain Jolie Madame? It's violets but with soft leather and florals and greens. Not a purely tart violet, though.

Boss Bottled

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

Iris de Nuit Heeley
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Scent of the Evening

ALLURE HOMME
    SPORT

Eau de Toilette

Lilybelle, I tried Jolie Madame, of course. It is not what I am looking for at the moment -- it is one of the ashy-green violets (another one being Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel) I have here. I wear it quite often, too. Not today, though.
    Last edited by Twolf; 19th June 2010 at 04:10 PM.

Ava Luxe Madame X. The weather can't make up it's mind, and neither could I, so I went with something I hadn't worn for a while!

Twolf, have you sniffed CDG Stephen Jones? It's probably not exactly what you are after - not tart, but certainly bitter, also flinty, clovey and a little woody.

{hugs} to ineespenes!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Lilybelle, I tried Jolie Madame, of course. It is not what I am looking for at the moment -- it is one of the ashy-green violets (another one being Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel) I have here. I wear it quite often, too. Not today, though.
    I have Jolie Madame on my mind today. I know what you mean by "ashy" - sort of gray and dusty. I definitely get that in Grey Flannel. Good luck with you violet search! A tart violet sounds nice.

Basenotes Institution

Sous le Vent by Guerlain- good morning everyone- gotta dash............
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

AM: Tuberose by Ava Luxe
    PM: Carnal Flower

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Ichor View Post

Ava Luxe Madame X. The weather can't make up it's mind, and neither could I, so I went with something I hadn't worn for a while!
    Neat! I just tested Madame X last night and really liked it.

Today I'm re-testing Yosh's Ginger Ciao EDP which is satisfying my major coconut craving. Yum!

Petra, thanks for the advice. I will be looking forward to sniffing it and put it in my To Test list immediately.

SotA is Serge Lutens' Rahat Loukoum. I guess my taste is running toward the gourmand because I LOVE this. Marzipan! Almonds! Cherries! I'm on a cloud.

Hello out there! I have to go to a kid's birthday party so I wanted to find a scent that complements the activity. Hence, Le Temps d'une Fete! Have a wonderful Saturday and take care, all.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

One wasp sting and a shower later … I'm rationing out droplets of Coloniali Yuzu. Ready for an afternoon of online viewing with DH: Stargate U and True Blood.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Blog Entries

Quarry, I truly enjoyed your post, and the beautiful picture of a married couple it painted. My wife and I are approaching our 13th anniversary in a few weeks. It hasn't always been easy, but I love her more now than ever. I hope we are still enjoying those quiet conversations after 30 years of marriage.

Anyway, it is very hot again here today, and I'm sampling:

Marc Jacobs Men

Not bad, but I don't think it's full bottle worthy.

This morning I'm testing Soivohle's Vanillaville, which only lasts 2-3 hours. Then this afternoon it will be on with the Xerjoff testing (I think Lua is the next one) if I can go outside and repot orchids or, if it's raining I'll stay in and work on one of my own perfumes.
    Blog: www.perfumenw.blogspot.com
    Website: Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes http://orchidscents.com.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

"Tart violet"...hmmm...I just sprayed my bottle of B&BW Violet Bouquet EdT and my daughter thinks it is tart. Top notes anyway; I'll let it sit a bit and see if this persists. This fragrance is not very long lasting, however--my main complaint about it.

I've ben wearing OFrésia today, from a sample I was allowed to decant at Bluemercury. Meh...it's nice enough but I had to spray it 6 times and even then it is weak. Not FBW for me.

Edit: B&BW Violet Bouquet does not turn sweet or powdery, and there is a note that is more prominent earlier on-- maybe a citrus, or a green note?-- that is a bit on the sour side.

But that is small enough recommendation for what is essentially an uninspired violet fragrance, now discontinued.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 20th June 2010 at 04:21 AM.

Hermes Concentree d'orange vert - I need refreshing after meltiing on the courts this morning. Will switch to something a little more "pretty" later this evening.

Quarry love - Your story about wearing your DH's favorite scent for sitting and chit-chatting is just beautiful, and so inspiring. It actually brought tears to my eyes. Lucky are those who can appreciate what they have. You're my hero.

Today's scents were Hermes KC and then YSL Cinema. After a cool shower, I'll take on Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Polo Black by RL
    Gary

(((inees)))

Today I am wearing Gold EdT by Donna Karan
    Evenstar

Black Aoud <3
    chown -R us ./base

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Mugler Cologne tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Institution

Chanel Gardenia this evening .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Saturday (Technically yesterday for me here in oz) I attended a beautiful wedding held at a winery and I wanted something sophisticated and dressy - Van Cleef & Arpels First which I think I fall in love with more and more each time I wear it.
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

I've enjoyed my day in Bois Blond. Good night to those still awake! :-)