Code of Conduct

Default I already own Oxford & Cambridge should I buy Parfums de Nicola´ Pour Homme?

Are they very different lavender fragrances?

Also is Nicola´ Pour Homme verrrry different from Guerlain's Mouchoir de Monsieur?
    Last edited by neal; 19th June 2010 at 09:26 PM.

Default Re: I already own Oxford & Cambridge should I buy Parfums de Nicola´ Pour Homme?

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Also is Nicola´ Pour Homme verrrry different from Guerlain's Mouchoir de Monsieur?
    I can't answer about O&C because I haven't smelled it.

Nicolai PH is very different from Guerlain's Mouchoir de Monsieur. Very.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Default Re: I already own Oxford & Cambridge should I buy Parfums de Nicola´ Pour Homme?

If you like O&C you could try Crown Fougere. I haven't tried the other one.

I do love Oxford & Cambridge but want something different.
    Would Parfums de Nicola´ Pour Homme fit the bill?
    Last edited by neal; 20th June 2010 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by costello View Post
    Nicolai Pour Homme was on my wish list for quiet a long time and finally I bought a bottle at a significant discount in a local perfumery last Saturday.

In order to come to the point: I absolutely love it and even though I can understand why its reviewed rather negatively or at least neutraly on this board, I wish that more people would give it a try!

Its slightly melancholic (albeit not dark), calm and it moves perfectly from a cool start (mint and lavender) to warmer middle and basenotes. It glistenes very beautyfully between different poles: warm and cool, melancholic and serene. Its will surely not work as a classical signature scent but for me its one of THE frags linked to these quiet, indecisive days in spring or fall when time seems to stand still and invites for inner walks....A very well done pastel and one of the most beautyfull fougeres I know...

Unfortunately on the reviews of this board the cool and melancholic side of Pour Homme comes very much to the fore while the warm and serene side (which is explicitly mentioned on the VERY positive reviews of the womens blogs and boards like MUA or bois de jasmin) is missed out a little bit....

IMO its perfectly balanced..... All in all the Parfums de Nicolai line has much more to offer as the great New York and after Baladin and a few others got more attention lately I think its time that also Pour Homme gets more attention!

If you like fougeres, if you like lavender, if you like watercolours and pastels, if you like serene-melancholic scents, if you like the warm/cool interplay: give it a try!

Christian

Melancholic and serene. That's perfect! I'll add introspective as well.
    Last edited by neal; 20th June 2010 at 12:15 AM.

I do suspect you'd like it, Neal, but of course it's impossible to know for sure until you've tried it.

It's not that similar to O&C, though, and not at all similar to Mouchoir. I enjoy both of those, but love NpH, too.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    AbdesSalaam Attar, Naomi Goodsir, Nasomatto, Chanel Les Exclusifs, Profumi del Forte, L'Atelier de Givenchy, Mona di Orio, Kurkdjian, Slumberhouse, by Kilian, and Oliver & Co. splits.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Just took a leap of faith and bought a 30 ml bottle at BeautyHabit.com

They are significantly different to me.

Smart purchase. Great fragrance. I like it better than the other two you mentioned. It's more youthful as well.

It's one of those that just smells great. A unique accord that's impossible to perceive until you try it.

It's easy to wear, too.
    Last edited by pluran; 20th June 2010 at 02:18 AM.