Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Question for the men.. (mostly)

Its so funny that this thread should be posted as recently I've discovered that I am becoming a HUGE fragrance snob when it comes to my dealings with girls. Because I spend so much time thinking about which fragrances to wear and when to wear them, I unconsciously have high expectations for the scent of any girl I may be seeing/dating. Unfortunately, as you all can imagine, I don't often meet girls who commit as much thought to their fragrances as we do, and therefore I'm usually underwhelmed by the quality of the perfume I come across. In fact, most girls I date smell of something simple like cheap body spray or lotion, the kind you pick up at Bath & Body Works or Victoria Secret. Mind you, the girls are usually 20-25 yrs old, so maybe they have not yet discovered the joy of fine perfumery. Can't wait to date a real fume-head like myself!

Quote Originally Posted by timkm1 View Post
    Can't wait to date a real fume-head like myself!
    Be careful what you wish for...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    They never wear fragrances to work, but they always smell of beauty products, lipsticks, powders, hair product, etc. I find the smell of these things to be incredibly sexy and subtle.
    I agree with Kevin (as well as the person who said he generally doesn't like woman's scents).....perhaps I'm not a purist, but as my interest in fragrance grows it still hinges on my two main motivations: 1) something that I like/heightens my confidence or mood 2) attracting women.
    Primarily, I do it for myself, as I rarely receive compliments from women regarding my fragrance, but when I do, I find it a great ice breaker/mood setter.

As for what a woman wears, it's probably akin to makeup: I generally prefer more naturally looking women as opposed to the other extreme who have heavily panted faces one step below a clown's. Unless she has b.o., a woman's scent is probably taking a back set for my attention to her face, body, etc.

Though this thread isn't meant for me, I must add that fragrance - all fragrance, male or female - doesn't influence my attraction to a guy one way or another, except in the sense of smelling nice being better than BO.

That being said, I'd get interested in anyone who wore a fragrance I liked.

Boss Deep Red and Dior Hypnotic Poison make me crazy

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    So to get more to the point, my question is.. Are there any men that get turned on by a woman wearing a fragrance, as a woman would feel about a man wearing one?
    I remember working at Spencer Gifts in 1980. I was dating a girl that worked with me. I was somewhat ambivalent about my feelings towards her, but her perfume (Chimere by Prince Matchebelli, I believe) made me more attracted to her or more turned on least.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Boy, second that.
    ≥!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Okay, so here's something that's been on my mind for quite a while. A lot of men wear fragrances to pick up women, right? But, do women feel the same way when they put on a fragrance? Personally, I'm not at all attracted to most women's fragrances when a woman wears it.

For me, my fragrance wearing is more of a personal thing, more of an art and a hobby, but there are certain fragrances that I wear, that after using them enough, I know turn the ladies on.

So to get more to the point, my question is.. Are there any men that get turned on by a woman wearing a fragrance, as a woman would feel about a man wearing one?
    Late to the party here, but I think many men use scent because they think it will attract women. How many noobs do we have here each month asking, "Which scent will drive women crazy?" or some variation thereof? We then direct them to those ever-getting-longer stickies on favoured scents.

Wearing scent (in this day, that is) is a sign of good grooming, and perfumes will always be a symbol of seduction (Cleopatra was to have scented the sails of her royal barge with perfume before she seduced Mark Antony.)

In truth, we're scent-lovers. A person wearing scent will always turn our heads.
    Last edited by Primrose; 22nd June 2010 at 04:32 PM.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Rose Ambre by Fragonard

I love a woman to smell great. And yes it does turn me on. My gf wearing LP No.9 smells like sex on a stick, pure heaven.

From my point of view, I wear fragrances for me, if a woman likes it, then that's a bonus.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...