Code of Conduct

Default First scent for a 16 year old guy.

Hi guys, just found this site today and it looks great
    I am 16, a guy, living in Australia and i have never bothered with scents beyond lynx deodorant until now. I have never gone looking for colognes or aftershaves and must confess that I am fairly embarrassed and have no idea where to start looking, or what I am looking for.

I guess i just want one or two colognes to wear when i am out with friends, not too formal, and suited to my age group. And where should I be going to look for them?

I hope this is in the right spot, i feel like a complete newbie.

Default Re: First scent for a 16 year old guy.

Jean Paul Gaultier Le male
    and
    Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier2

also

Burberry London

You might like Thierry Mugler fragrances.. they all have one similar note, but imo too expensive for the offered quality.
    These are all good fragrances, modern, not serious and affordable

You can find them in any better perfume shop. If you find them too expensive, they are a lot cheaper on the net
    cheapsmells.com

If you want something of better quality but also higher price, try Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate

GL
    Last edited by Leukothea; 22nd June 2010 at 11:26 AM.
    chown -R us ./base

Welcome.

I also recommend Le Male but don't be to heavy with the trigger finger. With this cologne a little is a lot. You might also like the dreamer by versace & Aramas cool. All of these colognes should be avaiable at Myer or David Jones, also at one of the discount perfume/cologne outlets.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Anthony View Post
    Welcome.

I also recommend Le Male but don't be to heavy with the trigger finger. With this cologne a little is a lot.
    unless youre like me and your skin devours it

Acqua Di Gio gets alot of crap on here but its really not a bad fragrance, its a great aquatic (aquatic being lighter with florals and an overall watery "feel"). i'd own a bottle but its way too expensive imo

Mugler Cologne is the safest fragrance youll come across. if someone gets offended by this, they should probably have their brain checked out. its yet another lighter fragrance, but this ones got vetiver, i personally love vetiver, which gives it a woody-er feel to it

as for these "Theirry Mugler" fragrances...i might be a minority on here, as i love colognes and really complex ones, yet i have really bad sinus problems, often induced, ironically, by smells. EVERY TIME i smell a fragrance by Theirry Mugler for the first time, i get a nauseating headache all day. if this happens to you, dont immediately write it off as unwearable. my favorite fragrance is A*Men by Theirry Mugler and it took me 2 testings before my nose could handle the overload of notes the fragrance throws at you. so i'd try these out as i find them to be amazing, just be careful, they can cause headaches at first.

Le Male Jean Paul Gaultier isn't the most prolific perfumer but for what he's made, he's made some DAMN GOOD fragrances. Le Male is tied as my favorite with A*Men; theyre totally different fragrances, Le Male being very warm and sexy with vanilla, yet casual at the same time. i HIGHLY recommend buying a small bottle of this like i did. i dont use up fragrances fast as i tend to not overdo the spraying, and i like to vary what im wearing. i bought a 1.3oz of Le Male and its already 1/4 gone, and ive had it maybe 2-3 months now

I'd recommend smelling A*Men even if you won't like it. It will make your brain explode and is a great starting point to kind of see what's possible, you know? it's a tad extreme. i like it.

I think I could recommend a few for a 16 year old:

Paris Hilton for Men: Very fruity mango scent
    Diesel Fuel for Life: A trendy cologne for the younger crowd. Raspbery licorice type scent.
    Diesel Only the Brave: Another trendy scent. Think more of a sweet leathery woods scent.

It doesn't matter that you don't know what to look for. Just go to a shop, sniff as much as possible before your nose burns out, and get what you like best. This will help you learn about what you like more effectively than us blindly giving you suggestions.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

jeez, all these A*Men et al. suggestions. That stuff makes me gag! I'll second the Versace Dreamer, though, and if you want a clone of Acqua di Gio try Halston for men. Both can be found on the cheap. However, I was going to suggest something like Varvatos, which for a designer frag I think it has a lot of character.
    Currently looking for Ava Luxe Midnight Violet

Visit my offsite sales thread for other items for sale - just updated!
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=265#265

I was a big fan of Polo Sport on guys when I was younger.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leukothea View Post
    Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier2
    For a 16 year old?! No no no!

You best buy something like;

- Dune pour Homme de Christian Dior
    - Eternity by Calvin Klein
    - Allure Homme Sport de Chanel
    - Gucci pour Homme II
    - D&D pour Homme
    - D&G Anthology #10, La Roue de la Fortune
    - Fleur du Male de Gaultier (waaay better than Le MÔle, and the ladies love it)