Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Default AVENTUS by Creed

Creed of Paris, supplier of bespoke fragrances to royalty and aristocracy since 1760, has named a polo team after its newest scent for men. Called Aventus and inspired by Napoleon, the luxurious fragrance was created by hand from ingredients sourced from important locations in the great emperor’s life. The newest addition to Creed’s prestigious Permanent Collection, it will debut this fall at Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman and the Creed boutique in New York City. The newly-minted Creed Aventus polo team meanwhile will play at high-profile matches this summer in England and France.

Aventus, which takes its name from an ancient word meaning “success”, contains blackcurrant from Corsica, where Napoleon was born; bergamot from Italy, site of victories that made him famous; Calville Blanc apples from France, where he rose to be emperor; royal pineapple, Napoleon’s favorite palace dessert; Napoleon Roses, named in his honor; Louisana birch, the wood of his throne; Jasmine from Egypt, where his empire reached; and oak moss from Spain, which he conquered, among other ingredients. Part of the proceeds from U.S. sales benefits American Rivers, protecting U.S. waterways from harm.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Default Re: AVENTUS by Creed

Really looking forward to this one. Buying a decant to try for sure.

Anyone familiar with that sport would dismiss this as totally snobbish, LOL!

they pushed it to September for the USA release. I am interested to see what it smells like.

Aventus is currently available for purchase from Creed Boutique online. I'm very interested in this fragrance.

OK, $140 for 1 OZ, $240 for 2.5, $280 for 4.0?! Looks like I'm waiting for the grey market for this. I know it's Creed, but sheesh.
    Last edited by ChuckW; 3rd July 2010 at 01:46 PM.

Didn`t like the bottle...

I'm just glad they didn't claim it was what Napoleon wore (like BdP) or the sCREED police would be in a frenzy.

Do I get a jeweled crown and a smugness scepter along with a purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Agree.

the bottle ain't bad in my eyes, but let's hope the fragrance is worth the higher than normal price.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    they pushed it to September for the USA release. I am interested to see what it smells like.
    Says it ships on 14th of July.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Looks like I'll waiting for the grey market for this.
    For sure....
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I must agree.....I do not like this bottle.....Gary

Anyone want to propose a split of the flacon?

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Says it ships on 14th of July.
    even better

Ships on Bastille Day? Ironic.

The prices are only a little bit higher than usual Creed prices. Info on creedboutique.com makes me think. . . yes, must have. . . the ship date on the site is "no later than July 14." I'm in.

blackcurrant from Corsica, where Napoleon was born

wearing the name of un uncle who died fighting the French - out of all people

bergamot from Italy, site of victories that made him famous

leading a riot against the French army which later he used as a prop to aggrandize himself

Calville Blanc apples from France, where he rose to be emperor

betraying heavily his promises of a universal, democratic Europe, for the sake of his plebeian ego

Napoleon Roses, named in his honor

did those roses not exist before that opportunistic murderer had them named in his "honor"?

Louisiana birch, the wood of his throne

what, no Siberian pine, in remembrance of his "highly successful" 1812 campaign in which thousands of valiant French soldiers died because of the "emperor"'s ambitious incompetence?

Jasmine from Egypt, where his empire reached

why exactly did he have to "reach" that far... while there was plenty of jasmine in Grasse, even then? what was Napoleon's legitimate claim to Egypt, for heavens' sake, anyway?

and oak moss from Spain, which he conquered, among other ingredients

I am not sure I want to know which other ingredients Napoleon conquered, besides the Spanish oak moss. (-:

Any plebeian pouring on him one liter of cologne per day - while pretending to be an aristocrat - sounds like a Stinky Nappy to me! (-:

That being said, I am looking forward to sampling Aventus, for the sake of the juice itself. I'll try to disregard the advertising... worse than any Creed advertising in recent memory I can recall.

PS Creed owes us a BEETHOVEN cologne:

http://www.pbs.org/keepingscore/beethoven-eroica.html

By late 1803, Beethoven had sketched out his new epic symphony, the Eroica. It was inspired by the ideals of the French Revolution and dedicated to its hero, who then seemed to be the great liberator of the people: Napoleon.

Beethoven thought of himself as a free spirit, and he admired the principles of freedom and equality embodied by the French Revolution. He thought he recognized in Napoleon a hero of the people and a champion of freedom, which was why he intended to dedicate a huge new symphony to him.

But when Beethoven heard the news in late 1804 that Napoleon had crowned himself Emperor of France, he was disgusted. “He’s just a rascal like all the others,” he exclaimed.

Beethoven violently erased Napoleon’s name from his manuscript—so forcefully, in fact, that he erased his way right through the paper, leaving holes in the title page.

So this revolutionary piece of music that was originally to be The Bonaparte Symphony became simply Eroica—the heroic.
    Last edited by Addict; 1st July 2010 at 05:32 AM.

. . .someone's not a Napoleon fan, I take it.

On the bright side, at least it's not the "personal scent" of a Nazi collaborator, like the last one. =X

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    The prices are only a little bit higher than usual Creed prices.
    I think it's a pre-release price, I'm hoping it should go down to the usual Creed prices once it's released.

I think it's a pre-release price, I'm hoping it should go down to the usual Creed prices once it's released.
    Has it ever happened in the past that Creed reduced their official price for any fragrance?

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Has it ever happened in the past that Creed reduced their official price for any fragrance?
    Don't know. I'm not sure either with Aventus, I'm just assuming it's a pre-order price and the price might go down.

Why was there only a $40 difference between the 2.5oz and the 4oz. (with the special bottle)?

My prediction based on the description/comparitives at the Creed boutique site: the opening will be reminiscent of both Green Valley and Silver Mountain Water in the use of blackcurrant, but the focus of the opening will be an intense pineapple note; a pineapple note boosted by blackcurrant.

Just my guess. I can't wait to smell it.

I'm just assuming it's a pre-order price and the price might go down.
    You assume... poorly.

". . .someone's not a Napoleon fan, I take it."

Was I that unsubtle? (-:

"On the bright side, at least it's not the "personal scent" of a Nazi collaborator, like the last one. =X "

Fair enough... even if let's say Napoloeon was personally responsible for the deaths of a lot of people, unlike the Duke of Windsor.

The latter has shown though excessively poor personal taste and political judgment, visiting Nazi Germany in 1937 and being too chummy with the old bastards (/:

Therefore I hereby declare that Creed "Windsor" shall be rebaptized "Montgomery" and "Aventus" shall be known as Creed "De Gaulle"!
    (-:

History and jokes apart, I always try to go for the appreciation of the juice itself and in this respect Creed makes me happy more often than not. I'm looking forward to try Aventus.

supposedly it is a cross between green irish tweed and virgin island water

Now that, Mr. Bond, doesn't sound half bad.

Quote Originally Posted by litworth View Post
    Now that, Mr. Bond, doesn't sound half bad.
    no it doesn't we will see how it plays out, with rose, apple , pineapple and vanilla it sounds nice.

I find that difficult to believe in view of the notes posted. I would think it would have at least violet, coconut and lime listed to be a GIT and VIW cross. But we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    I find that difficult to believe in view of the notes posted. I would think it would have at least violet, coconut and lime listed to be a GIT and VIW cross. But we will see.
    we will see for sure

we will see for sure
    we'll definitely see soon, won't we?

Quote Originally Posted by TalkingMuffin View Post
    we'll definitely see soon, won't we?
    I know I will

I know I will
    i know you know you will. did you know i know i will soon as well? i guess we'll know soon, won't we?

Someone send me a sample so I can know as well too =)
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

i know you know you will. did you know i know i will soon as well? i guess we'll know soon, won't we?
    Of course I did.

Nothing like that at all. It is a wierd pineapple/citrus/patchouli/musk with a little blackcurrant. References to SMW and MI are there but only distantly. It has what I would describe as a generic woody heart and a light variation on the millesime base which drops into the same everlasting musk at the bottom of original vetiver. There is a little birch tar and moss, but subtle. The whole thing is a light cologne type affair with reasonable longevity.
    Not really worthy of a creed quality accolade in my opinion, it smells quite ordinary to me.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Nothing like that at all. It is a wierd pineapple/citrus/patchouli/musk with a little blackcurrant. References to SMW and MI are there but only distantly. It has what I would describe as a generic woody heart and a light variation on the millesime base which drops into the same everlasting musk at the bottom of original vetiver. There is a little birch tar and moss, but subtle. The whole thing is a light cologne type affair with reasonable longevity.
    Not really worthy of a creed quality accolade in my opinion, it smells quite ordinary to me.
    ok, i guess it does not live up to the hype.

I should add to H_D's review that the more I smell it the more I realise that the swirling citrus and fruits top notes accomplish something special with how the apple and pineapple notes (rendered in an excellent manner here) are integrated. I must have tried over 30 fragrances featuring these two notes and nothing comes close. The rest of the fragrances is a light and quiet affair of patchouli, a bit of moss and vanilla-ambergris (all toned down to give a cologne like feel).
    -

I figured that it wasn't a "blow me away" experience and perhaps underwhelming when I saw the first two reviews come in. Neither reviewer did anything to fuel the hype and that says volumes to me. As much as I like certain Creed fragrances (BdP Vetiver 48, MI and Windsor really stand out), I wouldn't be keeping it 100 if I said that the house was consistent. Very much a hit or miss. I'm very aware that the family probably view these posts as this forum is usually the first public response to a release and probably very representative of the general public given the huge amount of views expressed. Thus, this site provides valuable information. So, with that being said I will say this..stop trying to create fragrances that smell good and start creating art. Niches houses are the lesser for playing it safe. Get out of the box so that you can give us the masterpiece.

I didn't realize some people already had access to this!

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    I didn't realize some people already had access to this!
    same here and some arent even in the usa where they claimed they were going to ship it first. what a crock.

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Sounds really interesting to me. Your review starts with "weird" and ends with "ordinary." The part about "light cologne type" might be telling. Have you tried a fairly heavy dose yet? Seems like the kind of thing that might require a few heavy wearings. Windsor is like that for me.

I'm down for that.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by litworth View Post
    So, with that being said I will say this..stop trying to create fragrances that smell good and start creating art. Niches houses are the lesser for playing it safe. Get out of the box so that you can give us the masterpiece.
    Etat Libre heard you loud and clear.

However I like to wear and enjoy my fragrances, not hang them on a wall and admire from a distance..
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    However I like to wear and enjoy my fragrances, not hang them on a wall and admire from a distance..
    Hear hear -- very well-stated.

Smelled it today at Neiman Marcus in Northbrook, IL. I was just lookin' to browse, and saw it on the Creed counter. The new Creed rep saw me do a double take and laughed. They had put it out just minutes before I arrived.

The leather wrapped bottle is nice, and feels good. The initial burst does remind of a cross between GIT and VIW. And I had been toying with a VIW purchase anyway. I was asked if I wanted to preorder, as it will be for sale as of August 2. I took a stroll for a bit, and the pineapple notes seemed to emerge. All in all, light and fruity - and longevity seems on par with most other Creeds, which for me is fair. Nice, but alas not full bottle worthy for me at this time.

We also talked about the upcoming Spice and Woods - but no release date as of yet.

yo quiero Woods & Spice
    Last edited by TalkingMuffin; 19th July 2010 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by funraiser18 View Post
    Smelled it today at Neiman Marcus in Northbrook, IL. I was just lookin' to browse, and saw it on the Creed counter. The new Creed rep saw me do a double take and laughed. They had put it out just minutes before I arrived.

The leather wrapped bottle is nice, and feels good. The initial burst does remind of a cross between GIT and VIW. And I had been toying with a VIW purchase anyway. I was asked if I wanted to preorder, as it will be for sale as of August 2. I took a stroll for a bit, and the pineapple notes seemed to emerge. All in all, light and fruity - and longevity seems on par with most other Creeds, which for me is fair. Nice, but alas not full bottle worthy for me at this time.

We also talked about the upcoming Spice and Woods - but no release date as of yet.

Any idea about the longevity on that beast? Sounds interesting

Just read this add copy on Uncrate:
    Creed Aventus
    "You might not be successful, but you can surely smell like it with Creed Aventus ($280/4 oz.). In keeping with the fragrance company's father to son lineage — it has been passed from father to son in an unbroken line since 1760 — Aventus is made with ingredients selected by Erwin Creed, and was originally created using hand production methods dating back to Creed's founding. Notes of black currant, apples, and pineapple abound, supported by jasmine, birch, oak moss, and vanilla. If it's good enough for queens, kings, and America's modern royalty — the Kennedys — it's good enough for us."

My lord. Have they no shame?

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickins View Post

My lord. Have they no shame?

-Slim
    You obviously have a problem with the promo ads of a brand which you have no interest in (which is actually more baffling).

Have you ever read the page long, dripping with snobby illusions of grandeur, promo ads of releases from Serge Lutens et al.? Do those ever make your stomach churn or is your focus Creed and Creed only?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    You obviously have a problem with the promo ads of a brand which you have no interest in (which is actually more baffling).

Have you ever read the page long, dripping with snobby illusions of grandeur, promo ads of releases from Serge Lutens et al.? Do those ever make your stomach churn or is your focus Creed and Creed only?

If you read my past posts, you will see that I really abhor this sort of garbage from any company (or website ie. Luckyscent). It does nothing but insult the intelligence of the buyer and reduces the legitimacy of perfumery as a whole. And yes, Lutens is guilty of some pretty heinous snobbery.
    For the record, I own and enjoy several Creeds. I think the company is capable of producing strikingly beautiful fragrances. My gripe has always been that they don't seem to be able to rest on the quality of their perfumes, and insist on throwing in all this pompous garbage. If they let the quality of their fragrances speak for themselves, I would have a lot more respect for their company.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Wore it today at an outdoor event...after the citrus burned off, got an alluring smoky-birch accord with little patchouli (instead of the patchouli with little birch) in the heart notes. Smelled different, heat might be needed to bring out the latent smokiness.
    -

Just secured my split portion. Excited to try it blind. =)

Just secured my split portion. Excited to try it blind. =)
    Wow...hats off to creative people who thought YouTube could be used to get fragrance splits going....Great!

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Wow...hats off to creative people who thought YouTube could be used to get fragrance splits going....Great!
    Yeah, I just put him down as one of my favorites. He does a professional job plus the split portions are very affordable.

Yeah, I just put him down as one of my favorites. He does a professional job plus the split portions are very affordable.
    I think that your link completed the split. Thank you for helping me out and for your kind words.

Thanks Nsamadi and Pigasus 27! I can't wait to try Aventus!
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears."

ACJIGGA'S FAVORITES - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Yves Saint Laurent Opium Pour Homme EDP, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Lattafa Ameer Al-Oudh EDP, Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud & Slumberhouse Jeke

this will be the same as with all Creeds.

If you are a Creed fan (as I am), you will most likely love Aventus.

If you are a Creed doubter or non-fan, you will most likely not like Aventus.
    you do not have to like every creed to be a fan, you do not have to be a non fan to dislike many.