Code of Conduct
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: AVENTUS by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by InconcievableZen View Post
    Pro-Life. Romantic loser. Strange. Feminizer.
    these don't really fit in with the rest of your string of adjectives.

were you pulling them out of a hat?

Napoleon was a Romantic loser, just like Robert E. Lee and Hannibal. I love these. Don't like their politics. Strange. Feminizer (excl. Lee / Hannibal on the last one)

Banned

Napoleon was a Romantic loser, just like Robert E. Lee and Hannibal. I love these. Don't like their politics. Strange. Feminizer (excl. Lee / Hannibal on the last one)
    so you're describing Napoleon, not Aventus?? Because "romantic loser" next to "lover" and "sexual" is confusing.

and where does "pro-life" come from?!?!

this thread has taken an odd twist! haha...

I think you forgot limp.

Erudite. Loving. Expressional. Conservative. Imperial. Polarizing. Divine right. Pro-Life. Romantic loser. Lover. Sexual. Restrained. Powerfull. Will. Suffering. Strange. Welcoming. Leading. Dictating. Creating. Expressing. Internal. Live-loving. Ambition. Feminizer. Precise. Everlasting. Perfect.

Romantic in the sense of Romanticism.. not romantic love

I like the way it smells, but I'm having longevity issues. I have 5ml from TPC and I've blown through half of it in 2 1/2 days. I've even been spraying it on my shirt to get it to last longer. It projects fairly good for the first half hour then becomes pretty faint. I want to love it. I want it to last longer.

edelzwicker, try spraying less, and not close to your nose. Try just one (or two, max) sprays to your sternum or lower. This way you can find out if its sudden disappearance is inherent to how the scent behaves on your skin, or if its olfactory fatigue at play.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
    I think you forgot limp.
    LOL! Lame too...
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

Four sprays was just about perfect for me yesterday. My wife could smell me after I came home, and I had applied it about 9 hours earlier. She really liked it, but she said "that smells like something from years ago...is it KOUROS?" Must be the oakmoss!

I could still smell the Aventus at bedtime last night.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

I can't wait for it to be morning, when I go and pick up my bottle of Aventus from the PO. Honestly speaking I am expecting a lot from this. I just hope it doesn't fall flat. Would post my views on it tomorrow.

Both John Lewis and House of Fraser have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    Can any UK Basenoters tell me who is stocking it, ideally a department store such as John Lewis or House of Fraser?

I'm still waiting for my 30ml decant to arrive which should be very soon, but I received a 120ml bottle of this today. My girlfriend had purchased it for my birthday and was going to surprise me with it in a couple of months, but she's also bought me something else (Clive Christian No.1 I wish lol), so she gave this to me today. I really like it for the first hour with the top notes, but the drydown is not my cup of tea unfortunately. It lasts quite a long time on me and when you think it's gone, it bounces back, but rather than keep trying it, I can tell I am not going to like this, so if you are looking to buy this, please PM me before I put it on the for sale section. I've told her no more blind buy surprises for me, just stick to those I've tried and like

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    I can't wait for it to be morning, when I go and pick up my bottle of Aventus from the PO. Honestly speaking I am expecting a lot from this. I just hope it doesn't fall flat. Would post my views on it tomorrow.
    Good luck! I know I'm going to love this stuff. I'm testing a lot of other things right now, but every time I go back and sniff my almost-empty sample vial of Aventus, I realize just how awesome it is in comparison.

I had to work to discover the good parts of Bleu de Chanel, but Aventus just walked up and kicked my ass on the first sniff of the sample vial - before I even sprayed it. It simply had knock-down power on me. But I realize this won't be the case for everybody. Hope that it gets your number too. My advice is don't get totally caught up in the pineapple. Pineapple is the bait, but the rest of the frag is what really hooks people.

I've got to be partly anosmic to this stuff. Many noses I trust are going on and on about longevity and I swear I can't get three hours out of it- at least to my nose.

But I have evidence it does last longer than that on me. I need a new nose.

I wore it to work today and a woman I work with - a strong, funny, outspoken, sassy woman - grabbed my wrist when I dropped by her desk, sniffed my wrist, and said, "That's a MAN'S cologne!" Big grin on her face. I'd say that's a good review.

Blog Entries

^ OH YEAH! I am SO looking forward to my bottle of this stuff. It is definitely the crowd-pleaser.

Ok, so I took delivery of my 4oz bottle today. I forgot about it in the morning that I was going to pick this one up today and wore Tuscan Leather. So my experience is not a pristine Aventus experience just yet.

The starting is fruity or shall I say pineapply. Though the pineapple certainly seems to disappear as other notes emerge *not too many in my opinion as I suspect it's mostly oakmoss*, it definitely hangs in there. The dry down is 'meh' at best for me. Nothing spectacular or noteworthy. I find the drydown to be 'incomplete', if it makes sense to you. It's like you are waiting for something to happen but it doesn't happen. I don't see any allegiance to GIT as some of the other members have reported. The sillage seems to be better than most other aquatic Creeds & that's a pleasant surprise. I think it's compliment grabbing abilities my be the result of this good sillage as people 'generally' comment 'you smell nice' IF they can smell 'any cologne'.

It's not hard to see that this fragrance didn't sweep my feet off the floor. There is no love for it, so far. Ofcourse I will need to test it over the next few days, again, to see if things change for me. I now know that I can't make a decision on any fragrance with just one wearing but this isn't a 'love at first sight' love story.

Ok, so I took delivery of my 4oz bottle today. I forgot about it in the morning that I was going to pick this one up today and wore Tuscan Leather. So my experience is not a pristine Aventus experience just yet.

The starting is fruity or shall I say pineapply. Though the pineapple certainly seems to disappear as other notes emerge *not too many in my opinion as I suspect it's mostly oakmoss*, it definitely hangs in there. The dry down is 'meh' at best for me. Nothing spectacular or noteworthy. I find the drydown to be 'incomplete', if it makes sense to you. It's like you are waiting for something to happen but it doesn't happen. I don't see any allegiance to GIT as some of the other members have reported. The sillage seems to be better than most other aquatic Creeds & that's a pleasant surprise. I think it's compliment grabbing abilities my be the result of this good sillage as people 'generally' comment 'you smell nice' IF they can smell 'any cologne'.

It's not hard to see that this fragrance didn't sweep my feet off the floor. There is no love for it, so far. Ofcourse I will need to test it over the next few days, again, to see if things change for me. I now know that I can't make a decision on any fragrance with just one wearing but this isn't a 'love at first sight' love story.
    Let it grow on you. I wasn't crazy about it the first time I sprayed it on, now I get cravings to wear the stuff.

I have to chime in too that its definatly a grower despite the fact Im hostile to the idea of even owning any Creeds

Does anyone want to send me a sample of this? =)

Sur la Plage

Sounds similar to my experience with it, and I've tried it about 4 times. Still is a big "meh" for me - but maybe your thoughts will change.

I'll save my money for something that actually wows me.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Sounds similar to my experience with it, and I've tried it about 4 times. Still is a big "meh" for me - but maybe your thoughts will change.

Yeah, it's essentially a meh for me as well, and I've tested it lightly to very heavily, maybe a 1/2 dozen times altogether. The only time it showed promise was the day after the really heavy application on clothing........that's when all the aspects of the base I like really came out on the clothing. The base is far too weak to enjoy with a regular 5 spray application or so. I imagine I'll give it a try every so often in the future or maybe keep a free sample vial around, but that's it.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Yeah, it's essentially a meh for me as well, and I've tested it lightly to very heavily, maybe a 1/2 dozen times altogether. The only time it showed promise was the day after the really heavy application on clothing........that's when all the aspects of the base I like really came out on the clothing. The base is far too weak to enjoy with a regular 5 spray application or so. I imagine I'll give it a try every so often in the future or maybe keep a free sample vial around, but that's it.
    I am not crazy about it either as one said the drydown is incomplete and i could not agree more. the top notes of pineapple are wonderful but the drydown smells like dirt, there is nothing special in it, they should have added more rose and vanilla it might have been better.

Joe,
    With as much stuff as you own, I don't think that anything will wow you anymore. In must cases you'll probably think: oh this smells like ..., but I smell a little of..... :-)) On the good side, you'll be saving lots of dough.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    I've got to be partly anosmic to this stuff. Many noses I trust are going on and on about longevity and I swear I can't get three hours out of it- at least to my nose.

But I have evidence it does last longer than that on me. I need a new nose.
    StylinLA,
    I have the same issues as you do. The problem is I can't stop sniffing for the first 30min-1hr. I guess my nose goes into olfactory fatigue. I just have to stop sniffing so much, Aventus that is :-))
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds

Well I tried this today too.

I sprayed it and my immediate reaction was: "Oh great now I smell like a bunch of fruit, I feel like a 40+ years old pineapple."

I hung around waiting for something to impress me. It didn't. The best thing about this fragrance is its name. Aventus. Having said that it sounds like it should be a Toyota. "The Toyota Aventus, coming to a showroom near you..."

This is not worth the money. If Britney Spears came out with a fragrance for men that smelled like this, we'd all be scoffing at it, but because it's the great and portentous "CREEEEEED" it's supposed to be all that. Well frankly, it's not.

I don't care what risible and improbable history Creed come up with for this. It's a pineappley fragrance with about as much personality as a fruit fetishist's wet dream.

NEXT!
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    edelzwicker, try spraying less, and not close to your nose. Try just one (or two, max) sprays to your sternum or lower. This way you can find out if its sudden disappearance is inherent to how the scent behaves on your skin, or if its olfactory fatigue at play.
    I actually tried this a few days ago, and with two sprays to the sternum, I couldn't even smell it. I had a sample of VIW from Nieman Marcus that was decanted from the bottle, which I left in my hot car for a few hours, rendering it unsmellable. I wonder if something similar has happened to my Aventus sample en route from TPC.

For both Mr. Petruccijc and Mr. Gupts, you are encouraged to let it grow on you. Make sure you solicit opinions from your friends, etc. What I'm seeing in this thread - and I'm sure others are seeing it, too - you start with a so-so opinion of Aventus, and it grows on you over time, and the strong, positive response you're likely to get from others ends up making you develop a strong appreciation. I am still amazed at the way random women flirt with me whenever I wear Aventus. Seriously, I've tried to chalk it up to "all in my head" - but so far, it's not really working that way, much to my delight. . .

Blog Entries

It's weird how different this is for people. For me, the non-pineapple aspects of the heart are what make the frag. I get them strongly from the beginning - the pineapple is just a topnote diversion for me as the heart kicks in. And I'm not terribly concerned about other people - nobody has said anything to me except the wife. But it was indeed a love-at-first-sniff frag for me, too.

I agree - if you don't like it, save your money. Bang is good and cheap. No reason to buy Aventus if it's not working for you. It does seem to grow on some folks, but not on everybody.

I had a chance to try Aventus out at Neiman Marcus a few days ago and I really enjoyed it! At first it was a little too fruity for me, but a little while later it settled down and was really nice and very relaxing. Its a very casual fruity scent, not over powering and something I definitely see myself wearing. I cruised over to Nordstrom to let the fragrance girl have a sniff (Nordstrom currently doesn't carry Aventus) and she couldn't get enough of it. She kept grabbing my arm to have another sniff. It also lasted hours on my skin which I was quite happy about. I'll have to give it another shot and see if its still as magical as the first time I smelled it.

Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast